Rapist, liars, lawyers, thieves, crooks,government officials, pedofiles and airline CEO's

It's not just financial burdens and marital issues. Airline employees let their jobs identify them. You don't just fall out of bed one morning and become a pilot,mechanic, or flight attendant. It takes a lot of training, sacrifice, work and during times like this, passion to keep going. I'll bet the suicide numbers are higher amongst those who were actually laid off or bumped to a foreign city. Somebody with more computer skills ought to set up one of those poll threads.

That's why I sacrificed, trained and became a Fleet Service Clerk.

From day one, I saved, and saved, watching my pennies, socking as much as legally possible into my 401 K. No credit cards, no loans (including college loans got 75% covered, so far. ) completely debt free, the unAAmerican dream. Start low, and stay low, that's the ticket to fame in the airline business. I'm not counting on Social Security either, if it's there, more money. Out at 59 1/2.

Retire rich, die poor, that's the ticket.

Recently had yet another suicide among the working class at AA. Upper management and Unions here can not possibly convince themselves that they have no blood on thier hands. How do these these crooks sleep at night?? Mr. OUR PAY.........JIMMY LITTLE.......ETC?????

This subject has come up before.

< http://www.usaviation.com/forums/index.php...&hl=SUICIDE >

You would be hard pressed to prove that someone’s suicide is the fault of the union or the company. Because quite frankly you don't know what the circumstances are. Let me ask you this question. Has it ever crossed your mind to kill yourself because you took cuts in pay and benefits? I don't know about you but it never once crossed my mind.

Although I'm not about to blame concessions entirely for someone taking their life, you would be foolish to say that it did not possibly play a part in some or all of them. The facts are such that there has been a spike in personal bankruptcies, divorces, forced moves to keep their job, and forced to non-desirable shifts suchs as midnights.

The WHO has some interesting numbers when it comes to suicide. In 2001 Sweden had a suicide rate per 100000 among men of 18.9. For women it was 8.1. For the USA in 2001 it was 17.6 for men and 4.1 for women.

In Sweden what you basically have is a cradle to grave welfare state. You don't need to worry about losing your retire medical or having your pension reduced in value. Why, because the state takes care of it all for you. However they have a higher suicide rate than we do. In fact for women it's double.

< http://www.who.int/mental_health/preventio...s/en/index.html >

The WHO has some interesting numbers when it comes to suicide. In 2001 Sweden had a suicide rate per 100000 among men of 18.9. For women it was 8.1. For the USA in 2001 it was 17.6 for men and 4.1 for women.

In Sweden what you basically have is a cradle to grave welfare state. You don't need to worry about losing your retire medical or having your pension reduced in value. Why, because the state takes care of it all for you. However they have a higher suicide rate than we do. In fact for women it's double.

< http://www.who.int/mental_health/preventio...s/en/index.html >
An interesting chart, I did find the following on that site, which is basically what I was originally trying to say.

Mental disorders (particularly depression and substance abuse) are associated with more than 90% of all cases of suicide; however, suicide results from many complex sociocultural factors and is more likely to occur particularly during periods of socioeconomic, family and individual crisis situations (e.g. loss of a loved one, employment, honour).

Probably the lack of sunshine during the winter for the swedes.

Money isn't the only cause but the lack of it causes those hairline cracks to look like canyons.

I think unstable people do better in stable environments and the airline industry is anything but.

Recently an employee got ran over with a push back tug. It happened in very bad weather and was probably no ones fault, just a freak accident. But management is sure he will be O.K. becasue he has 10 injury on duty days now that used to be 80. I am proud to say some of his coworkers are stepping up to help out. But I would like to see Mr. OUR PAY step up and cover his pay for a few years. I am sure if one of our CEO's got a paper cut over at Center Pork they would take at least a month off paid to heal while sitting on the beach somewhere.

So, can anyone explain why physicians and dentists have a higher than normal rate of suicide compared to other professionals? It's certainly not a lack of money...

Recently an employee got ran over with a push back tug. It happened in very bad weather and was probably no ones fault, just a freak accident.

You sure about that? Third hand, I was told he was pre-occupied with either his cell phone or his iPod as he was walking across the ramp. That's not a freak accident at all -- it's a matter of someone being critically injured due to self-imposed distractions and not paying full attention to their surroundings.

Although very tragic, anytime someone is run over on the ramp by a pushback tug, someone is certainly at fault. Either the tug driver failed to drive with the proper care or the person run over failed to exercise proper care (was where they shouldn't be). I have no idea which person is at fault in the incident mentioned by the OP.

Doesn't matter whether it was raining, snowing, hurricane or dark (or all of the above). Someone failed to follow safe procedures and someone ended up under the tug. Certainly a very real tragedy, but hardly a "freak accident."

Nevertheless, why would the OP charge the CEO for the lost wages? If the disability is permanent, then the disabled worker can get Social Security Disability or can collect on their own disability policy. Don't see why Gerard Arpey should pick up the tab.

I FORGOT ONE OF THE LOWEST FORMS OF LIFE ON EARTH. THE UNELECTED, SELF SERVING, SELF APPOINTED, HOLYIER THAN THOU, DO AS I SAY NOT AS I DO, TWU INTERNATIONAL SCUMBAGS. THEY HAVE GIVEN THEMSELVES DOUBLE DIGIT WAGE INCREASES EVERY YEAR. EVEN THE YEAR THAT IT'S MEMBERS WERE PROMISED A REVOTE THEN LITTLE JIMMY HITLER CHANGED HIS MIND AND GAVE THE COMPANY OVER 33% OF THE WORKERS PAY AND BENFITS!! THEY HAVE RUINED MANY PEOPLES LIVES AND THEIR CHILDRENS LIVES WHILE THEY LIVE HIGH ON THE HOG!!! THEY WILL ONLY GET WHAT THEY DESERVE WHEN JUDGEMENT DAY COMES.
THOU SHALT NOT STEAL......AND BOY DID THEY!!
DO UNTO OTHERS AS YOU WOULD HAVE DONE TO YOURSELF.....NOT THEM!!!
SAME FOR THE CEO'S MAY GOD HAVE PITY ON THEIR SOULS!!