Re-boning

WingNaPrayer

Veteran
Aug 20, 2002
EYW
Visit site
Re-Boning

It works just like re-gifting, and the satisfaction is quite similar.

Tomorrow, AMR will throw a “bone†to the lower rung by sending out twenty-five dollar “atta-boys.†I’ve yet to determine if that will be a taxable amount.

I look at this pittance in comparison to what was given up, as akin to tossing a dog a milk-bone when it has performed to your amusement. Kind of like the plats want to do on another group as they whine for the return of the SOS program, so they can have atta-boys and milk bones to hold over employees heads with the promise of giving one out to the first person that brings them a pre-flight drink, warm nuts, hot towels, or sneaks them the extra bottle of Royal Crown that they obviously believe is hidden away somewhere in the galley. The same plats that also like to refer to those who aren’t in the premium cabins as the “unwashed†which I have often taken personal offense to. AMR employees are not door mats and no plat, OR management level employee should attempt to wipe their boots on them with either an SOS chit or a twenty five dollar deposit which, at today’s fuel prices, will barely get most employees back and forth to work for more than a couple of days.

So the “re-boning†gesture, which you may make with or without K-Y, is a simple one. Every employee who is serious about the survival of the airline, and the preservation of their own job, should simply re-gift the twenty five bucks back to AMR. Get out those check books and write that check to AMR with a memo that clearly states “Debt Reduction Only†and send it on down to Jerry! Of course, they’ll most likely reject them but the sincerity, thought, determination, drive and the fact that unlike big brother, the employees ARE watching will be felt in the headlines of mass media from coast to coast.

To those employee who decide to keep the 25 dollar bone, I’ll offer best wishes and hope you enjoy your Taco Bell lunch, your ¾ tank of gas or your 2-4-1 specials at PayLess.

Re-boning, it’s the only way to fly!

Of course the $25 is taxable income, Wing. It's a cash bonus, just like any other compensation. Under what theory could it be excluded from income?

As any ex-employee should know, AA took it on the chin in its fight with the IRS over the Amex gift cards AA passed out several years ago.

Please don't take this wrong, but if this is a bonus and the amount is $25, then isn;t the amount subject to something like a 25% taxation. That could make the check an $18 one. It is a great gesture. Just my thoughts......

Although Wing denies being an employee (or ex-employee), his obsession with this incentive is proof that he or a family member is an employee, since the date of the $25 distribution has not been published anywhere that I can find (publicly available). Probably announced on JetNet, I suppose. B)

;) Wing----- Even TWA gave us $100.00 for "On time performance", just a month before going into "Bankrupcy"!!!!

FWAAA said:
Although Wing denies being an employee (or ex-employee), his obsession with this incentive is proof that he or a family member is an employee, since the date of the $25 distribution has not been published anywhere that I can find (publicly available). Probably announced on JetNet, I suppose. B)
Its on e-pays as of today, I got 9.1 gals of gas, enough to make it back and forth to work for 3.6 days, oh joy.

Not only did we get what amounts to 1.2 cents an hour for the last year, but some stations were treated to a FREE root beer float. There is a morale booster, all right.

Whoever thought this one up needs a drug test.

mjk said:
So Wing, what amount do you deserve is adequate for finishing SIXTH in a customer survey?
I do not need any bonus.
I need my:
17.5% pay increase
1 more week of vacation
shift differential
5 payed Holidays
Double time for 2nd day off worked
Full 8 hours sick pay for sick day

These are a few of the items that we gave up at last years concessions The $25.00 bonus is an insult compared to what we gave up and probably will put me in a higher tax bracket..I rather that Arpey keep my $25.00 to buy a gallon of jet fuel for a flight.

You could probably hand everyone a $100 bill and they would still complain. I say hey take the $25.00 take what you can get. we all would like to have conditions like we had it before but thats never going to happen. Reality is the aviation field is changing. Take what you can get while its still here. We are not out of the woods yet and be glad you don't work for US Airways - Looking at even more pay cuts. Even though its tiny at least I didn't have to negotiate for it.

MiAAmi said:
You could probably hand everyone a $100 bill and they would still complain. I say hey take the $25.00 take what you can get. we all would like to have conditions like we had it before but thats never going to happen. Reality is the aviation field is changing. Take what you can get while its still here. We are not out of the woods yet and be glad you don't work for US Airways - Looking at even more pay cuts. Even though its tiny at least I didn't have to negotiate for it.
You are correct that the aviation is ever changing and AA management has not made enough changes fast enough to stay competitive in the airline business.Our previous pay and benefits may never be restored but AA is not going to survive if the management does not make some major changes and make them fast.

We are still operating too many different types of aircraft and most of our fleet has "WAY TOO MANY" First Class seats for todays market.If today's customer is not willing to pay extra money for more leg room in coach they sure aren't going to pay more for F/C seats.Why do we STILL have too many F/C seats on B-737 and B-757 A/C?This should have been corrected at least 1 year ago and still is not fixed.

Sit and observe the gate turn times for AA as compared to SWA [LUV] and you will see a noteable difference.This allows SWA to fly each of their A/C 1 more leg each day which generates more revenue due to increased efficiency.Boarding passes are proving to be an outdated dinosouar that eats up time at the gate on each flight.
We could all take a 25% MORE pay CUT and it would not fix the OUTDATED MINDSET of AA management

A team is only as good as its coaches and manager and the Manager gets fired if the team does not peform well.

no arguements here on AMR management taking way too much time to make changes. My point is if management wants to throw $25 at me for the airline doing somewhat better in the rankings then so what. Why does everyone have to remind us that we took paycuts? Yes we all did, and it was over a year ago. I can guarantee you that all the whining in the world does not make anyone at the top lose any sleep.

Latest posts

Back