Re-boning

goingboeing said:
We are still operating too many different types of aircraft and most of our fleet has "WAY TOO MANY" First Class seats for todays market.If today's customer is not willing to pay extra money for more leg room in coach they sure aren't going to pay more for F/C seats.Why do we STILL have too many F/C seats on B-737 and B-757 A/C?This should have been corrected at least 1 year ago and still is not fixed.
How do you know that there are too many F seats on AA's airplanes?

Sorry to have to correct with you with a few facts, but somebody's gotta do it.

You have heard over and over again that today's customer only cares about price, right?

Some people are not willing to pay extra, but that doesn't mean that NOBODY is willing to pay extra. I pay plenty extra to fly AA all the time. If I only cared about price on each and every flight, very rarely would AA come out on top for me.

AA announced last year that the elite upgrade sticker sales generated over $120 million in annual revenue. That's just some of the payment by pax to sit in F.

Other pax upgrade with miles (from flights or purchased by partners like CITI for hundreds of millions of dollars annually).

Some actually pay for J or F, especially when YUP or other reasonable F fares are available.

How, exactly, does your training and expertise as an AA mechanic make you an expert on how many F seats should exist??

My experience as a frequent flyer in no way makes me a credible expert on how best to fix airplanes. B)

FWAAA said:
How do you know that there are too many F seats on AA's airplanes?

Sorry to have to correct with you with a few facts, but somebody's gotta do it.

You have heard over and over again that today's customer only cares about price, right?

Some people are not willing to pay extra, but that doesn't mean that NOBODY is willing to pay extra. I pay plenty extra to fly AA all the time. If I only cared about price on each and every flight, very rarely would AA come out on top for me.

AA announced last year that the elite upgrade sticker sales generated over $120 million in annual revenue. That's just some of the payment by pax to sit in F.

Other pax upgrade with miles (from flights or purchased by partners like CITI for hundreds of millions of dollars annually).

Some actually pay for J or F, especially when YUP or other reasonable F fares are available.

How, exactly, does your training and expertise as an AA mechanic make you an expert on how many F seats should exist??

My experience as a frequent flyer in no way makes me a credible expert on how best to fix airplanes. B)
As a frequent flyer have you ever heard of Project Diamond? I was one of the mechanics that was on the seat reinstallation team in Jan and Feb of 2004[This year] We added 2 rows [12 COACH SEATS] BACK ON THE B-757 A/C. This fact alone is stating that AA marketing is admitting that it is the coach seats that are selling. If F/C seats were in demand as you claim then we would have added more F/C seats.[a simple logical conclusion]

Oh there is a demand for the FC seats alright . . . just not at full fare. Its the upgrade and freebie gobblers that are filling premium cabins more than full fare customers, and now more than ever, many of them don't earn the miles with butt marks in the seats either. They tank up the SUV on their mileage paying credit cards, choke down boxes of cereal . . . you name it, anything but pay full fare for a seat. I call them Plat-a-pussies :) But that's just me! ;)

I call them Plat-a-pussies But that's just me!

You dumbass, AA makes several hundred million dollars a year off of its AAdvantage program. People may not be paying full fare for first class seats, but they are paying for it. Wing, maybe you should move to another board where you know something about because you don't know a damn thing about what is going on at AA>

goingboeing said:
As a frequent flyer have you ever heard of Project Diamond? I was one of the mechanics that was on the seat reinstallation team in Jan and Feb of 2004[This year] We added 2 rows [12 COACH SEATS] BACK ON THE B-757 A/C. This fact alone is stating that AA marketing is admitting that it is the coach seats that are selling. If F/C seats were in demand as you claim then we would have added more F/C seats.[a simple logical conclusion]
Your logic leaves a little to be desired.

The logical conclusion to be drawn from not reducing the number of F seats on the 757-223s is that the current number, 22, is the correct number. B)

The conclusion to be drawn from the addition of 12 coach seats on the 757 (and from adding 16 seats on the A-300) is that AA hopes to sell an additional 12 (and 16) coach seats to infrequent flyers who have short legs and/or aren't very tall. B)

We'll see if the reduction in room throughout coach on the two aircraft actually pans out.

As AA pointed out to me in a letter last year when I complained about the abandonment of MRTC on these airplanes, at least the 22 F seats aren't going away on the 757 and that upgrading would still be a viable option.

In March of this year, AA made it even easier by providing EXPs with complimentary domestic upgrades.