RE: Retirees or Soon to be Retirees and Your Travel Benefits

Black Magic said:
Some people travel 2-3 times or more a month. "Buying a ticket" is not a cost effective option for them.

Retirees on fixed incomes traveling 2-3 times or more per month?  If true, that sounds more like the use of the pass privilege in the furtherance of a business, which we all know is not permitted.

Black Magic said:
Some people travel 2-3 times or more a month. "Buying a ticket" is not a cost effective option for them.

Lets not forget that the some retirees voted for the contract that we are living under so they can get their payday to retire. Then all the older retirees have been taking full advantage of a retirement that the rest of us working will not get to enjoy. The retirees I keep in touch with make more now, then what they made while working. If they are traveling 2-3 times a month they're doing fine.

If you're talking about commuters traveling, move to your base city. NO special treatment, it's your CHOICE to commute. 

Reactions: 2 people
bigjets said:

The retirees I keep in touch with make more now, then what they made while working.
Where were they working??  ....Otherwise they must be working another job post retirement.  Pensions + SS do not = your prior income.  Do some retirement planning. Then once you decide your spouse should share in the event you die first, your pension amount starts to go down, down, down. 

xUT said:
Good GOD... :p
Children fu&%ing their retirees and eating their young...
What a quagmire of unionism and love of your fellow 'person'.
I am simply amazed.
attachicon.gif
angela_and_peace_dove_sm_wht.gif
It is not an AA union matter of concern with AA your union's leadership has said that pass travel is not a union negotiated benefit. Thus a company control privilege

If someones is traveling that many times a month, they most likely have the means to buy a ticket....or they are mooching the hell off of someone on the other end....

john john said:
How much was that lump sum retirement that APA pilots got
More than the pathetic $500 signing bonus in your CWA T/A that allowed non-covered persons to perform your work.

Josh

Reactions: 1 person
737823 said:
More than the pathetic $500 signing bonus in your CWA T/A that allowed non-covered persons to perform your work.

Josh
That CWA TA never happen the APA lump sum did.The APA lump sum was not a signing bonus it was a retirement plan.And non-union vendors are not doing mainline agent work at US because of the US/CWA contract because the CWA TA NEVER HAPPEN get over your joke of a self.

It was more than the pathetic $500 I can assure you of that, and they also don't allow non-covered persons to do their work.

Josh

Reactions: 1 person
LD3 said:
How in the hell can this turn into a labor issue?????
That is my original point AA union’s contracts have NO say in pass travel. After saying that maybe they should like US union’s do

xUT said:
Skybus Airlines was my backup.
cheap fares and the fa's were real attentive if you give them a tip,,, :p

too bad they went out of business..
Thats why they went out of business...