Reflection

swflyer

Senior
Aug 20, 2002
Chicago
Stole this from Don't Call Me Shirley, who posted this to the UAL board after finding it on the U board.

Let's try something positive and nice here. :)

With the New Year comes an opportune time for reflection and thought.

With reflection in mind, when one considers the nature of the airline business...huge swings in profitability, crappy duty shifts, poor pay, dismal working environment, unappreciative management, customers who seem to hate us, and all the other laments we've all read here and/or experienced first hand, I have one request:

Please share what you think makes the airline experience "worthwhile" enough to continue to work in this industry.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

My answer??

The "once a year, holiday flyers" who REALLY count on the crew to know they're okay and we'll get them there safe.

Nice to be needed, and a great chance to practice the skills I was hired for.

IMHO

Ok "flyer", I'll start.

THE best thing, for me, is the ability to fly anywhere in the world,(99% percent of the time), when the "urge" bites me !!

NH/BB's

I am, without a doubt, very lucky that SWA provides my family and myself with an income and really awsome benes!(Working @ DAL the flight benes are so so at best, but the cost of living differential here, allows me to purchase several tickets a year on AA when we need to go somewhere of distance.)
It is a rewarding job mostly because you really want to earn your pay, when a company is so fair to you. We are,esentially, the only real employee owners in the industry.
After decades of being shuffled all over the country, and never giving up on this industry, I truely believe I have found what I was looking for when I strarted wrenching on A/C.
Imagine my surprise last year, when EVERYONE is taking pay cuts, they offer us raises BEFORE the contract expired? What the hell is that? No Fight? Your happy with the job we are doing? Huh....???
My family has had lots of rewards here, the most important of which is a sense of stability.
Believe me it aint perfect here by a long shot. Some stuff is fuxd up, but over all, I have never been treated fairer in my entire life with any endevour. Thank You SWA!

I am, without a doubt, very lucky that SWA provides my family and myself with an income and really awsome benes!(Working @ DAL the flight benes are so so at best, but the cost of living differential here, allows me to purchase several tickets a year on AA when we need to go somewhere of distance.)
It is a rewarding job mostly because you really want to earn your pay, when a company is so fair to you. We are,esentially, the only real employee owners in the industry.
After decades of being shuffled all over the country, and never giving up on this industry, I truely believe I have found what I was looking for when I strarted wrenching on A/C.
Imagine my surprise last year, when EVERYONE is taking pay cuts, they offer us raises BEFORE the contract expired? What the hell is that? No Fight? Your happy with the job we are doing? Huh....???
My family has had lots of rewards here, the most important of which is a sense of stability.
Believe me it aint perfect here by a long shot. Some stuff is fuxd up, but over all, I have never been treated fairer in my entire life with any endevour. Thank You SWA!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

GOOD post shanked out.

I hope it last's for a looooong time.

Personally, I think it will !!

NH/BB's

Back