Why Should We Stay?

We do have the best employees. Labor relations are improving each day. Management continues to work with the various labor groups to improve our product and morale.

Guess you have not stepped out of your office to see what is really going on.

PHL, the Gulags at the CLT and PIT Hangars.

Get real.

CCY said:
We do have the best employees. Labor relations are improving each day. Management continues to work with the various labor groups to improve our product and morale.
[post="260215"][/post]​

We also are highly profitable.

CCY said:
[post="260215"][/post]​

There are no American infidels in the city!

CCY said:
Labor relations are improving each day. Management continues to work with the various labor groups to improve our product and morale.
[post="260215"][/post]​
Dude you really need to stay off the koolaid its effecting your vision :blink:

CCY said:
[post="260215"][/post]​

"We do have the best employees" As for that I agree, but the rest what are you smokin ? You are not in our world.

After another weekend of this cr#p, I would suggest that you dont waste any more time on this puppy. The 2nd of April, Spring Break weekend and we cancel full flights to Florida because we have no crews. We misconx pax with no protection for 2 days to get home because of delays loading cargo. Just when you think things cant get any worse, they prove you wrong. I would suggest just getting it over with at this point. Jump ship and dont look back. I'm usually an optimistic person, but even local management has appeared to have given up and from some of the things I've heard about his boss and management above him, there is no hope to get this turned around any time soon.

KCFlyer said:
JS,

Yesterday you chastised me for my "flippant" answers as "solutions'. So I sat down and composed what I felt was a well thought out reply. It involved the fares. It was something that Art and L4P actually agreed with me on. Jim offered some addtional info. But you come back with "you cannot charge fares equal to your systemwide average costs", which by the way, I ,nor Art, L4P, or Jim did. So instead of some flippant remark to shoot down a suggestion, how about putting your accounting mind to work and tell us just what YOU think needs to be done?
[post="260127"][/post]​

No, that is exactly what Art did, and has done so many times. $53.40 to fly from LGA to CLT one way is an unsustainable business model. $600 is also unsustainable; something in between should work.

JS said:
No, that is exactly what Art did, and has done so many times. $53.40 to fly from LGA to CLT one way is an unsustainable business model. $600 is also unsustainable; something in between should work.
[post="260380"][/post]​

JS,

How then do you calculate the cost of transportation? My estimate is based on AVERAGE CASM....and it does work even though it's not exact. It provides you with a ROUGH idea. I never said it was exact, but it did make the point.

If you know so much, then how would you estimate the cost of a seat????

WH,

There are some aspects of Air Canada's plan which are brilliant, and some which are not...I haven't taken an in depth look, but it appears to be thinking outside the box.

Final judgement would depend on what the actual dollar differences are between the fares...it seems that Tango would be the most objectionable to the business traveler though......

What do YOU think?

Well like you said, without the prices attached to those classes it is kind of hard to make a good judgement. However I think they are on the right track. I think they have made the presentation to customers too confusing with too much differentiation because they are incorporating status miles and miles awarded per dollar spent based on ticket price. Too much info. It it ok to be complex behind the scenes (the AC structure is more complex than they present it to be) but not when you are presenting it to the buyer.

I'd probably ditch the whole miles differentiation, making 100% status miles a standard, but increase the bonuses to the business/expensive coach passenger. If they want to sell tickets that don't award miles, sell those on priceline or hotwire.

Running a couple of searches, the way their fares display is the way it should be, with all 5 classes listed, the same way WN does. For US Airways, I think the display should be something along the lines of

First class flexible
First class restricted
time of booking upgrade to first (this would not be shown to non-preferreds at it would be a higher priced flexible coach ticket, upgraded to first as long as there is availability a. la. Alaska)
lowest coach flexible
lowest upgradable restricted
lowest fare, non-upgradable

Making sure all the rules that matter to customers are easily understood and viewable on the same page. By that I mean change fees and whether or not it is refundable.

Hopefully the new USAirways.com will do something like this. But the underlying fare structure will still need work, and the upgrade program will need tweaking a well.

CCY...

Things will not change until Big Al and Little Al are removed from the "Palace"

Even then it may be to late..............

I know...doom and gloom, but operationally USAir..ways is a mess.

I've asked about ya'lls impressions about AC's branding too. But I agree it's still too complicated. The main thing that's complicating to me is status miles/miles miles. Couldn't an airline just decide upon whom it wishes to designated status and take the game out of it? I really, really think the days of complicated manipulation of customers by the maze of benefits is coming to an end. Ok, hand out miles, but hand out status by bucks spent and just do it, don't publish rules.

Status would just be something that is conferred. Would that work?