Report of the Board of Directors and Labor advisory meeting

john john

Veteran
Contributor
Sep 12, 2004
http://www.cwa.net/
The new EVP and COO, Robert Isom commented on his first 60 days on the job.
He reported that the consulting firm they have used recently reported that the agents morale was pretty low, many times because we never know when we are going to be forced to come in early, work on our days off or stay late , he stated he wants to try and fix this. CWA raised the under staffing issue once again in the ATO‘s, as we always do at these meetings,

He reported that the consulting firm they have used recently reported that the agents morale was pretty low, many times because we never know when we are going to be forced to come in early, work on our days off or stay late , he stated he wants to try and fix this. CWA raised the under staffing issue once again in the ATO‘s, as we always do at these meetings,
did he comment on since they are staffing us for the holidays why the heck they are furloughing in January in cities other than PIT? I cant believe this compnay hired an outside compnay...what ever happened to listening and tkaing care of the "internal customers"? Us?????

did he comment on since they are staffing us for the holidays why the heck they are furloughing in January in cities other than PIT?

Just curious if the people who got furlough notices are junior in the system or if they are actually being let go? Since the PIT agents can bump "the junior person in the system" at the time they are going thru the PIT displacements, if someone is junior number = to the number of PIT being displaced, then thats probably why. Doesnt mean they are getting furloughed since I cant really see a lot of the PIT people going to other places, especially where the "junior" people might be. Am curious also as to what cities have been given the furlough notices other than PIT? We havent received any notices in station, but have 8 openings left vacant until the closeout deadline for PIT transfers.

The motive of the Usairways higher officials and board members is not long term. Morale is not an issue when the goal of running this airline is a pocket lining transaction with another company or companies. Expect them to blame the employees this holiday season when things may not run smoothly.

We are the smart leaders but the servants are troublesome.

Expect them to blame the employees this holiday season when things may not run smoothly.

We are the smart leaders but the servants are troublesome.

Given the contacts that many on here appear to have, and the press release by the company of all the things they're doing to make sure things run smoothly this holiday season, I would hate to see someone in Tempe really try to blame the employees again if the s*+t hits the fan. I dont think they could really win this time the way everyone feels and the way they've been advised over and over that there are still major problems with their "Vision of the Current."

Given the contacts that many on here appear to have, and the press release by the company of all the things they're doing to make sure things run smoothly this holiday season, I would hate to see someone in Tempe really try to blame the employees again if the s*+t hits the fan. I dont think they could really win this time the way everyone feels and the way they've been advised over and over that there are still major problems with their "Vision of the Current."

In the current "civilized" world, messengers are no longer killed, they are blamed.

FORCED TO COME IN EARLY OR WORK ON YOUR DAY OFF?????? where did you get that.. you cant be FORCED on those conditions.. MANDATORY is based on irregular ops... shortage of personnel is NOT irregular ops. that was settled back in i think 2001 2002 with an arbitrator Block who ruled that lines that arent covered because of personnel shortages are not the employees problem. and you mandatory on the day of late flights cancelled flights the day of with the folks are working that day. Management does a work schedule for 3 months based on 100pct ontime flights with no delays or cancellations. they are not to say that during the summer months we need more people to work on Fridays and Sundays during the summer because of thunderstorms.. they are not Nostrodarmus... but they do anyway. Its nice to see some new faces in management with a different draw on everything lets see what happens. with the winter season coming up and the holidays and school vacations in feb-mar ... man when i went to school cant remember having so much time off like they do now the company is letting the public know what they are doing. sad that we are the ONLY airline who needs to let the world know what we are planning to do. granted we are the bottom of everything according to DOT but its always been the employees of this company that came up to the plate and did the best they could with the tools given to them. I dont care what anyone says. WE are the best.. :up:

FORCED TO COME IN EARLY OR WORK ON YOUR DAY OFF??????
Avion need you to come in early tomorrow in baggage service to help clean up. We have 120 claims. You know just to help the schedule staff thx see you tomorrow

In PIT will junior CSS's stay, while more senior than them, CSA get furloughed. What's up with that? :down:

Are CSS's management or just a protected group of union members that management can jerk around and encourage to back stab the union. Toss them a bone now and then, and it's "what union".

Very bad contract language that has been rise over and over and over etc. from day one of CWA’s involvement with no result from management and the union. Management likes to protect CSS for there loyalty. A VP, West loves to do this. Has track record when back east

some in union leadership JUST DON’T GET IT

How much did it cost in consulting fees to determine employee morale is low?

They could have just asked me. My consultancy rates are much lower than industry average.

A better question would have been, "Why is employee morale so low?" If they don't know the answer to that question by now, then there really is no hope for US Airways.

Latest posts

Back