Reservation Agent Theft?

Chris Heisler

Jun 9, 2011
Wanted to ask everyone this question: Lets say that you have a formerly related person you know, and she/he works for a major airline. You find out that this person for a period of YEARS goes into your travel reservations and records. Peeks around and stays aware of you every move, without your knowledge. Then you determine and confirm this is going on. You report this to the airline. What should the airline do?

Wanted to ask everyone this question: Lets say that you have a formerly related person you know, and she/he works for a major airline. You find out that this person for a period of YEARS goes into your travel reservations and records. Peeks around and stays aware of you every move, without your knowledge. Then you determine and confirm this is going on. You report this to the airline. What should the airline do?

Quietly buy your silence and fire the agent

Not sure, can you twitter me your wiener?
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Agent should be fired. I do believe it's against most/all airline rules to do that.

I would think HIPA rules would prevent what you are suggesting happened. If detected, I think that would be grounds for dismissal.

I thought HIPA was covered all of them. Did not know it was just med.

There's another one called the privacy act I think. I got into the HIPAA gig when I had POA with my Mom and had to deal with her health issues.

The Office for Civil Rights enforces the HIPAA Privacy Rule, which protects the privacy of individually identifiable health information; the HIPAA Security Rule, which sets national standards for the security of electronic protected health information; and the confidentiality provisions of the Patient Safety Rule, which protect identifiable information being used to analyze patient safety events and improve patient safety.

All good stuff here. Thanks! Here is some more details of the event. It so happens that this person is my ex-wife. She works for a major airline.....wont give out names YET....but it once was the largest on the planet. In any case she would track every time I would fly. When I realized it and showed the airline...THEY DID NOTHING! Seems that the ex-wife club at this airline runs deep. Tons more to go on this one too. I have over 200 pages of evidence from showing her agent ID on page after page after page. This airline has fired many agents for the same thing over many years. This time the evidence is so overwhelming its CRAZY! Agents get fired on the spot for things like this, and much less. Heck I know of agents who have gotten canned for making personal calls from a reservation phone line. Friends of mine who are pilots and crew members cant believe she still works for this airline. Think she is being protected? After all we have to do to get past TSA...and here is one person who does whatever she wants.....what gives?

All good stuff here. Thanks! Here is some more details of the event. It so happens that this person is my ex-wife. She works for a major airline.....wont give out names YET....but it once was the largest on the planet. In any case she would track every time I would fly. When I realized it and showed the airline...THEY DID NOTHING! Seems that the ex-wife club at this airline runs deep. Tons more to go on this one too. I have over 200 pages of evidence from showing her agent ID on page after page after page. This airline has fired many agents for the same thing over many years. This time the evidence is so overwhelming its CRAZY! Agents get fired on the spot for things like this, and much less. Heck I know of agents who have gotten canned for making personal calls from a reservation phone line. Friends of mine who are pilots and crew members cant believe she still works for this airline. Think she is being protected? After all we have to do to get past TSA...and here is one person who does whatever she wants.....what gives?

What recourse do you have criminally? There are Cyber Stalking Laws in virtually every state. Here's the statute for Arizona. Local Law Enforcement should be of help. Remember a restraining order is usually valid in every state. There are circumstances where there are specific guidelines.

Arizona

13-2921. Harassment; classification; definition

A person commits harassment if, with intent to harass or with knowledge that the person is harassing another person, the person:
Anonymously or otherwise communicates or causes a communication with another person by verbal, electronic, mechanical, telegraphic, telephonic or written means in a manner that harasses.
Continues to follow another person in or about a public place for no legitimate purpose after being asked to desist.
Repeatedly commits an act or acts that harass another person.
Surveils or causes another person to surveil a person for no legitimate purpose.
On more than one occasion makes a false report to a law enforcement, credit or social service agency.
Interferes with the delivery of any public or regulated utility to a person.
A person commits harassment against a public officer or employee if the person, with intent to harass, files a nonconsensual lien against any public officer or employee that is not accompanied by an order or a judgment from a court of competent jurisdiction authorizing the filing of the lien or is not issued by a governmental entity or political subdivision or agency pursuant to its statutory authority, a validly licensed utility or water delivery company, a mechanics' lien claimant or an entity created under covenants, conditions, restrictions or declarations affecting real property.
Harassment under subsection A is a class 1 misdemeanor. Harassment under subsection B is a class 5 felony.
This section does not apply to an otherwise lawful demonstration, assembly or picketing.
For purposes of this section, "harassment" means conduct directed at a specific person which would cause a reasonable person to be seriously alarmed, annoyed or harassed and the conduct in fact seriously alarms, annoys or harasses the person.

Latest posts

Back