Respect

Ditto, my friend.

This may be the beginning of the end. It may be positive or negative and I am prepared for either outcome.

PineyBob said:
Perhaps it is the 'End of the Beginning" of transforming US AIrways into the company it should have been all along.
Bob hopefully youre right, but this indeed in my opinion was the beginning of the end. Either Usairways will be sold piece meal or will be sold. Broner wants and will get his investment back and has no intention of running an airline. He has made that clear. We can only hope were sold to an airline who will take our fine employees . This happened at a time south west was moving in on us, now they will def move faster.

After listening to Bruce Lakefield at the meeting with Dr Bronner in CLT, it is obvious to me that this is NOT the kind of individual that takes the helm of an outfit just to run it into the rocks. The tone set by Dr. Bronner and Mr. Lakefield was one of inclusion. A forged partnership between labor and management based on mutual respect. DS never got the message and I personally believe that was his final undoing as CEO. As stated many times at that meeting, the employees ultimately decide the success or failure of the airline. Management can make all the right moves but without the cooperation and effort of the employees, it is a waste of time.
IMO, we have another opportunity here IF the company is re-structured and a few other heads roll in the process. Mr. Lakefield understands operations...something that DS NEVER understood or choose to ignore. I came away from that meeting wishing that a man of his caliber would lead our company.

I guess I got my wish. I hope you all will give him a chance before passing judgement on him.

A320 Driver B)

A320 Driver said:
Mr. Lakefield understands operations...something that DS NEVER understood or choose to ignore. I came away from that meeting wishing that a man of his caliber would lead our company.

I guess I got my wish. I hope you all will give him a chance before passing judgement on him.

A320 Driver B)
you're right we all have to give him the benefit of doubt...but are you any the more ready to open up your wallets for this guy??

I think that if he presents some kind of "vision" which gives UAIR a chance of survival that ALL groups would support him. The old plan of milking labor to save (mis)management's backside has got to stop. :blink:

Latest posts