Retired Iam Goons Blame Amfa For Ual Bk.

TonyB

Senior
Sep 22, 2003
Local 567 hosted a three retired UAL and NWA goons at their membership meeting on Thursday Feb 19.
Nothing but doom and gloom if AMFA gets in. No mention of how much their pension increased after AMFA came in or on the progress of any IAM/TWU/IBT card drives.
The main goon, a Brian Connor had the balls to blame AMFA for negotiations falling apart and for UAL being forced to file for bankruptcy even though UAL filed under the IAM's watch.
:down: :down:

TWU, OUT THE DO' IN OH FO'!!!! :up: :up:

TonyB said:
Local 567 hosted a three retired UAL and NWA goons at their membership meeting on Thursday Feb 19.
Nothing but doom and gloom if AMFA gets in. No mention of how much their pension increased after AMFA came in or on the progress of any IAM/TWU/IBT card drives.
The main goon, a Brian Connor had the balls to blame AMFA for negotiations falling apart and for UAL being forced to file for bankruptcy even though UAL filed under the IAM's watch.
:down: :down:

TWU, OUT THE DO' IN OH FO'!!!! :up: :up:
Nothing but doom and gloom if AMFA gets in.

Best comment you've made so far Tonyboy!!! BRILLIANT!!! :up: :up: :up:

Just a question Tonyboy. . were you there to witness anything, invoved in UAL's misfortunes?? No???? Well Brian Connors was, he saw first hand of what went on. Like we are suppose to believe the crap you and your amfa boys on this site say about what went on at UAL when you weren't even there. More brilliancy on your part Tonyboy!! :up: :up: :up:

I wasn't there but you were, right, punk? You're just as big a liar as he is!
IF AMFA IS SO BAD AS YOU BUMS CLAIM, THEN WHERE IS THE IAM/TWU OR IBT DRIVE TO GET AMFA REMOVED FROM ALL THE CARRIERS IT REPRESENTS?????

THERE IS NONE!!!!

TonyB said:
IF AMFA IS SO BAD AS YOU BUMS CLAIM, THEN WHERE IS THE IAM/TWU OR IBT DRIVE TO GET AMFA REMOVED FROM ALL THE CARRIERS IT REPRESENTS?????

THERE IS NONE!!!!
Sounds like you need some anger management Tonyboy.

What other names can you come up with??? Come on. . .show us what you really got!!

WELL???? How are the drives going?

This should be a golden opportunity for an AFL-CIO all out assault against AMFA!
:lol: :lol:

twuer said:
TonyB said:

THERE IS NONE!!!!
Sounds like you need some anger management Tonyboy.

What other names can you come up with??? Come on. . .show us what you really got!!
Typical debate ender for the twu.
Brian Connor is laid off and being paid to help combat the AMFA. He's just doing what he's being paid to do. You want to talk about other card drives Tony?? How about the iams card drive at NWA?? I think they finally cleared the 200 mark!! Remember when we reached the 200 mark at AA?? I believe it was in the first few minutes after the twu signed off on our extortion/agreement at AA. Brian Connor lost his cushy little union job as will cio and worth-Less.
It was great to see everyone at the Local 12 open house today. Thats more of what I have in mind when I think of unionism and solidarity. The twu must be out of UB for the month. No Coffin???? No twu international wannabes?? I know they like hot dawgs...........
:shock: They have chartered the AMFA local 12 :shock:
:shock: A filing is eminent.............................. :shock:

First twu officer to jump ship??? GT Bunch B)

I believe it was in the first few minutes after the twu signed off on our extortion/agreement at AA.

Point well made..had it not been for the backbone of the TWU, having the strength to present a knowingly ill met concession package to the membership, the amfa drive would not have been as effective. But this is amfa's history, strike at the misfortunes of others to promote and build their following, problem is, their following is only a temporary fix to the problems in our industry. amfa's history speaks for itself now! amfa has no power at negotiating or lobbying...but they have a great personality!

NyQuill said:
Point well made..had it not been for the backbone of the TWU, having the strength to present a knowingly ill met concession package to the membership, the amfa drive would not have been as effective. But this is amfa's history, strike at the misfortunes of others to promote and build their following, problem is, their following is only a temporary fix to the problems in our industry. amfa's history speaks for itself now! amfa has no power at negotiating or lobbying...but they have a great personality!
During the good times all unions are great in the eyes of their members. It's during crunch time when you need them that counts. In alot of peoples eyes the twu failed, thus the AMFA cards signed. I personally like how the AMFA is DEMOCRATIC. I want LOA's the be ratified by membership approval which the AMFA will guarantee. I want to be able to recall any union rep that isn't up to par. I don't see where hard times by the twu makes a difference here. Your only chance to have kept the members at AA was to incorporate a snap back. The union failed us period. No one would have objected to taking temporary cuts to avoid BK. Pay attention to the 'TEMPORARY". The twu #@%$@! us until 2009 period!!!!!!!
Sober up, you'll be going back to work soon.

I know................You guys don't want to have to take your sick days at 1/2 pay.
I did sum it up best........The twu failed when we needed them the most!!!!

:angry: The twu legacy..........50+ years of bargaining......down the drain!!!!!!!!! :angry:

Keep the Faith........VOTE AMFA

Your only chance to have kept the members at AA was to incorporate a snap back.

Possibly you are just uninformed or unknowledgeable...but there has NEVER been a "snap back" given to ANY UNION when concessions are on the table to thwart backruptcy. Or, perhaps I'm wrong..you tell me biggun..

Your statements here are directed to the uninformed I guess...as water seeks it own level.

Stop the Bus..I Want Off! said:
NyQuill said:
During the good times all unions are great in the eyes of their members. It's during crunch time when you need them that counts. In alot of peoples eyes the twu failed, thus the AMFA cards signed. I personally like how the AMFA is DEMOCRATIC. I want LOA's the be ratified by membership approval which the AMFA will guarantee. I want to be able to recall any union rep that isn't up to par. I don't see where hard times by the twu makes a difference here. Your only chance to have kept the members at AA was to incorporate a snap back. The union failed us period. No one would have objected to taking temporary cuts to avoid BK. Pay attention to the 'TEMPORARY". The twu #@%$@! us until 2009 period!!!!!!!
Sober up, you'll be going back to work soon.

I know................You guys don't want to have to take your sick days at 1/2 pay.
I did sum it up best........The twu failed when we needed them the most!!!!

:angry: The twu legacy..........50+ years of bargaining......down the drain!!!!!!!!! :angry:

Keep the Faith........VOTE AMFA
If you look back you will see that the TWU has failed us in good times as well as bad. As a matter of fact we have been in a constant concessionary pattern for over twenty years. We have led the industry in concessions, we always gave stuff back first and instituted other concessions, even prior to the current agreement, that other carriers still do not have. Even when payrates were briefly restored with the AMFA spike, we gave other concessions, such as 8 hours holiday pay even if 10 hours are worked.

If you look the TWU has screwed us consistantly since 1983. All their excuses sound very much as if it was something you would expect to hear from the company, not a union.