Retirement benefits question

Dark Cloud

Aug 20, 2002
Is there anybody else having the same problem that I am ? I retired in early fall of 2002. For some unknown reason, I am having problems being recognized by BCBS. The deduction for my medical and dental have been taken out of the pension check and Benefits Adm. say my spouse and I are covered. But BCBS say I am not in their system. For some unknown reason, Benefits cannot feed BCBS the information. This has been going on for months now. It''s a case now, the hastle with the doctor, I am just paying it out of my pocket. What hurts is that they are also taking the premiums out every month. I have been told weekly by Benefits that the problem is with the system and they are trying to correct it. With no medical card or number, do hope I don''t have a emergency. Does anybody else have this type of problem ? Thank-You

I had heard this earlier this month by some f/as. Inflight was called and they said benefits had a problem feeding the information to the system, and that it would be rectified. I hadn't heard any complaints since the turn of the year. I don't know what Labor group you are in or if you retired from mangement, but call benefits. If they have you in the system, tell them to give you your group number. Your claims in the meantime should be sent to the Benefits department for reimbursement. I am surprised that in your case, this has not been rectified.

You need to contact someone in benfits management and get a name for direct contact.

Thanks Pitbull. I retired from Mtc. (IAM) after 33 yrs. I have called Benefits many times. This next week, I will see if I can contact someone in managements higher up. It has always been, " we are working on the problem, give us another week" I know they are busy with the turnovers of employees. I have kept my "cool" on this whole matter. Just that its easy for them to take the premiums out, but I have no insurance to show for it. Just hope nothing major happens. I gave up trying to collect for bills between Sept. and Jan 1st. . Benefits made a mistake when they read my retirement papers. They put in the computer-"single retiree". by mistake. Never could get that solved for payments in regards to the spouse of 37 yrs.. Gave up on that ! After the demand notices, just paid them. But thanks again for the come back. .