Retirements And Benefits

Dea Certe

Veteran
Aug 20, 2002
I was just wondering, if all employees should lose their retirements and retiree health benefits, would those who bailed with golden parachutes lose theirs as well? I realize they have contracts, but so did we. It just doesn't seem moral or just that executives like Wolf, Gangwal and a few other "short timers" would retain these benefits after collecting millions from the corporation. Surely we won't see any one these guys depending on medicare or other state-sponsoned monies.

Anyone know about this? Can executive packages be broken along with the rank and file (who actually need those funds to just survive)? Would the bankruptcy court consider this?

Dea

i think that if i were the ch11 judge i would certainly move to have usair take backk every last dime and penny from the five clowns that left usair with their golden parachutes. however i do believe that the may be the unions would have to probably put to the judge the paper work to try to force the comp to take back the parachutes. but because this inept mgmt only sees to fit the contract to mgmt they dont have to break theirs but come back to the employes and break ours. something should definetly be done about that!

Be honest and sensible. The "system" that is set up and that is in contol in the USA protects the wealthy. Our gov. works for them...not the everyday, little guy. The little guy is here to work for the wealthy, to be in debt to the wealthy (individuals and corporations) so they can sustain their lifestyle. It just works that way. Sorry if you haven't figured it out before now. Of course they will keep their "perks." Of course the judge is going to look after his peers. Remember the pecking order. That's the way things are designed to be. That's the way they will be.

In all sinceity to all USAIRWAYS Employees, all employees who still have any kind of company funded retirements should understand there is a great deal of us who have no retirement ie. CWA, RAMP ETC. It is hard to have any compassion for fellow employees who possibly make a larger salary and still are given a defined pension program. It makes no common sense to expect lower paid employees to accept further pay cuts and cannot even afford to contribute to a employee funded 401k program. Fair is fair, either all have retirement or no one has retirement!
These divides will be the cause of USAIRWAYS demise.

The ramp has a penison plan, they are members if the IAM National Pension Plan. The IAM negotiated this for them during the previous concessions.

Latest posts