Retro Pay for Local 591 ASAP Coordinators

Gman10 said:
Are we getting retro on the 4% raise that AA has given everyone except those without a JCBA?
HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

Bob Owens said:

Paid a flat rate from the Union at the same rate as the EAP guy. 

Its going to a vote because of the bylaws. 

Bob

You expect us to vote on a pay rate for these guys and if we feel that they deserve the back pay rero.

Put it on the Union web site just what the pay is and just what the amount of retro will be. By now I am sure that you have figured the amount these guys are behind in pay.

Why wasn't this info brought to the membership when it all happened.? How they were denied the pay offset of $ ?.00 per month or week what ever and by who?

Tell us just what the Local did or the Intl. said when asked about the compensation for these members. 

The TWU doesn't believe in retro for us for our contract which is our deal with AA what makes these guy's any better than us why haven't you told them they will get the bump as we get but Not the retro? Why are so many at our stations unaware of this?

Haven't looked to vote as of yet but have been told this type of info is not on the web site ?

Seems it's just another way the TWU is taking care of it's own and keeping the rest in the dark. You know the TWU way.

If you weren't getting paid would you wait all this time or make a stink about it? You would want your money like any one else. 

E-board got their money as soon as you got your ONE Local. Voted your own pay raise. 
Created more station/section/area reps/vp's to be paid as well. Gave us this big story about what the company did by doing away with the baker letter. How each local could not run on its own.

Just how many are these guys and what stations are they at? Do they also get a union stipend as TWU reps? What twu positions do these members hold? Is like O/T for them for an extra job as a twu rep?

Are you really expecting many to vote on this or are you just looking and thinking that the Uninformed will just blindly pass it? Then when the number come out later say "YOU VOted"

Just as AA says to the membership you voted "YES" we have a contract and that doesn't become amendable until 2018.

Reactions: 1 person
AMFAinMIAMI said:

Bob

You expect us to vote on a pay rate for these guys and if we feel that they deserve the back pay rero.

Put it on the Union web site just what the pay is and just what the amount of retro will be. By now I am sure that you have figured the amount these guys are behind in pay.

Why wasn't this info brought to the membership when it all happened.? How they were denied the pay offset of $ ?.00 per month or week what ever and by who?

Tell us just what the Local did or the Intl. said when asked about the compensation for these members. 

The TWU doesn't believe in retro for us for our contract which is our deal with AA what makes these guy's any better than us why haven't you told them they will get the bump as we get but Not the retro? Why are so many at our stations unaware of this?

Haven't looked to vote as of yet but have been told this type of info is not on the web site ?

Seems it's just another way the TWU is taking care of it's own and keeping the rest in the dark. You know the TWU way.

If you weren't getting paid would you wait all this time or make a stink about it? You would want your money like any one else. 

E-board got their money as soon as you got your ONE Local. Voted your own pay raise. 
Created more station/section/area reps/vp's to be paid as well. Gave us this big story about what the company did by doing away with the baker letter. How each local could not run on its own.

Just how many are these guys and what stations are they at? Do they also get a union stipend as TWU reps? What twu positions do these members hold? Is this like O/T for them for an extra job as a twu rep?

Are you really expecting many to vote on this or are you just looking and thinking that the Uninformed will just blindly pass it? Then when the number come out later say "YOU VOted"

Just as AA says to the membership you voted "YES" we have a contract and that doesn't become amendable until 2018.

AMFAinMIAMI said:

Bob

Its around $460 a month, the retro is back to January, not back to when they took the job for Local 591. 

Why wasn't this info brought to the membership when it all happened.? How they were denied the pay offset of $ ?.00 per month or week what ever and by who?

I have no idea what you are trying to say.

Again, what are you talking about? Maybe Littles team didn't believe in retro, but I've seen the TWU demand retro in many cases, recently the MTA paid retro to Local 100 members, and I brought up  getting retro on the 4% that they gave everyone else when I was at the shareholders meeting this past spring. Its not a secret, the Local 100 retro was in the news and in the TWU Express, my talk with Parkers is on the compamy website under investor relations. Are you asking why it wasnt spoon fed to you specifically? 

What info is missing, the rates of pay for the EAP coordinators is in every financial report and the LM2. The info is out there you just dont want to look for it. 

If that was the case then we wouldnt have it in the bylaws and there wouldnt even be a vote. The fact is it is being put out there, all the info you want is out there as well.

It was discussed, they were made aware and my guess realize that we have been busy. We felt that since it was a board motion it should be brought up at the quarterly meetings, we forgot to put it on the previous two quarterly sessions agenda. 

And you as a member have a right to make a motion to either cut our pay or remove us at any time. I've seen the OT numbers, none of us are seeing a windfall. My salary, which is one of the highest in the Local comes out to around 9 hours OT a week. I'm not complaining by any means but the facts are what they are and the election is open to everyone but you have to get your peers to pick you. 

I would have preferred fewer titles, in 562 we didn't have so many titles like you guys in MIA but compromises were made. On the regional level I would have preferred one chairman per station per Title group and stewards under the RVP. BTW I also believed that each region should appoint the stewards since we have recall. If the guys elect someone that someone should be able to select a team to accomplish the goals he was elected to accomplish. If you make every job and title elected you end up with conflicting agendas plus elections are costly, time consuming and there is a high turnover in some stations.  

Just how many are these guys and what stations are they at? 

Two, Harry Charalambous out of JFK who has visited MIA on several occasions, and Jo Absalon in DFW. 

Do they also get a union stipend as TWU reps?What twu positions do these members hold? Is like O/T for them for an extra job as a twu rep?

Harry was elected as Shop steward so he gets the 128/month but would be giving that up, he would just get the $460 and the phone allowance which they already get. .He has been an E-Board member, JFK Station Chairman and Treasurer of Local 562 as well . Not sure of Joes past positions, believe he was EB on 565 and currently gets just the phone allowance. Both would be doing this full time per the CBA so they would not be on the OT list. 

What could be the down side to you if this passes? For the guys in JFK and DFW it's one less guy in the OT pool, so if anything it puts more money in their pockets.

These guys make themselves available and fight hard to get possibly you , and/or your peers out of trouble not only with the company, where you could lose your job, but also the FAA, where you could lose your livelihood. $460/month comes out to around 2 hours OT per week to have guys answer the phone and give guidance 7 days a week from around 5 am till they go to bed, and for them the discussion they have with you is only where the case and the work begin. I've been watching Harry do this for several years now, I know how hard he works. Forget the "TWU conspiracy thing" for a minute and look at what these guys do. 

If you think I'm corrupted then please just start a petition to remove me. If the majority feels that way then clearly I'm wasting my time, I could be back on days doing my doubles and have more time off with just as much money as I'm making doing this. I believe I'm number 8 in seniority at JFK and would be number 3 at LGA. When I got removed by the International back in 2003 you never heard me complain about the loss of money because I made more on the floor. I got back into this because several people came up to me and asked me to do this. Would I do it for nothing? NO, thats simply unreasonable, and its unreasonable to expect these guys to make themselves available all hours of the day just for the straight 40.  

Bob Owens said:

And you as a member have a right to make a motion to either cut our pay or remove us at any time. I've seen the OT numbers, none of us are seeing a windfall. My salary, which is one of the highest in the Local comes out to around 9 hours OT a week. I'm not complaining by any means but the facts are what they are and the election is open to everyone but you have to get your peers to pick you. 

I would have preferred fewer titles, in 562 we didn't have so many titles like you guys in MIA but compromises were made. On the regional level I would have preferred one chairman per station per Title group and stewards under the RVP. BTW I also believed that each region should appoint the stewards since we have recall. If the guys elect someone that someone should be able to select a team to accomplish the goals he was elected to accomplish. If you make every job and title elected you end up with conflicting agendas plus elections are costly, time consuming and there is a high turnover in some stations.  

Two, Harry Charalambous out of JFK who has visited MIA on several occasions, and Jo Absalon in DFW. 

Harry was elected as Shop steward so he gets the 128/month but would be giving that up, he would just get the $460 and the phone allowance which they already get. .He has been an E-Board member, JFK Station Chairman and Treasurer of Local 562 as well . Not sure of Joes past positions, believe he was EB on 565 and currently gets just the phone allowance. Both would be doing this full time per the CBA so they would not be on the OT list. 
What could be the down side to you if this passes? For the guys in JFK and DFW it's one less guy in the OT pool, so if anything it puts more money in their pockets.

These guys make themselves available and fight hard to get possibly you , and/or your peers out of trouble not only with the company, where you could lose your job, but also the FAA, where you could lose your livelihood. $460/month comes out to around 2 hours OT per week to have guys answer the phone and give guidance 7 days a week from around 5 am till they go to bed, and for them the discussion they have with you is only where the case and the work begin. I've been watching Harry do this for several years now, I know how hard he works. Forget the "TWU conspiracy thing" for a minute and look at what these guys do. 

If you think I'm corrupted then please just start a petition to remove me. If the majority feels that way then clearly I'm wasting my time, I could be back on days doing my doubles and have more time off with just as much money as I'm making doing this. I believe I'm number 8 in seniority at JFK and would be number 3 at LGA. When I got removed by the International back in 2003 you never heard me complain about the loss of money because I made more on the floor. I got back into this because several people came up to me and asked me to do this. Would I do it for nothing? NO, thats simply unreasonable, and its unreasonable to expect these guys to make themselves available all hours of the day just for the straight 40.  

What happened to Brugger? I thought he was the ASAP person.

Bob Owens said:
Its around $460 a month, the retro is back to January, not back to when they took the job for Local 591. 

I have no idea what you are trying to say.

Again, what are you talking about? Maybe Littles team didn't believe in retro, but I've seen the TWU demand retro in many cases, recently the MTA paid retro to Local 100 members, and I brought up  getting retro on the 4% that they gave everyone else when I was at the shareholders meeting this past spring. Its not a secret, the Local 100 retro was in the news and in the TWU Express, my talk with Parkers is on the compamy website under investor relations. Are you asking why it wasnt spoon fed to you specifically? 

What info is missing, the rates of pay for the EAP coordinators is in every financial report and the LM2. The info is out there you just dont want to look for it. 

If that was the case then we wouldnt have it in the bylaws and there wouldnt even be a vote. The fact is it is being put out there, all the info you want is out there as well.

It was discussed, they were made aware and my guess realize that we have been busy. We felt that since it was a board motion it should be brought up at the quarterly meetings, we forgot to put it on the previous two quarterly sessions agenda. 

If being spoon fed is getting the info then "YES"  you using your little computer rather than what 8000+ people looking at the LM2 attempting to first find it or interpet the info there. 40-50% of the members dislike the TWU it is so hard to remove anyone so for you to say get a petition to have you removed is just rediculous. Not many even want anything to do with the TWU. Look at how many didnot vote for their contract. 173 here in MIA either voted Yes or did not vote at all.

I don't care at all what happen with distric 100 in your home city of NY. What does that have to do with 591. A little deflection there on your part.

$460.00 a month x 8 or 9 months is what approx $4000.00 retro?

What did they tell you when you asked if we get retro on the 4%?

I don't know why anyone would have problem with the ASAP coordinators getting their due. I can tell you that my ASAP coordinator gets calls 24/7. He is the first one we go to when his expertise is required. He is the one who helps get  the tough issues settled. He has a good rapport with the FAA. He is here anytime of day or night having his personal life disrupted more than any of us would want. Be grateful for these folks and realize what worse hurt we could be in without them and this program

Reactions: 2 people
MetalMover said:
I don't know why anyone would have problem with the ASAP coordinators getting their due. I can tell you that my ASAP coordinator gets calls 24/7. He is the first one we go to when his expertise is required. He is the one who helps get  the tough issues settled. He has a good rapport with the FAA. He is here anytime of day or night having his personal life disrupted more than any of us would want. Be grateful for these folks and realize what worse hurt we could be in without them and this program

It's not the compesation that is a problem it's the process in which the Local and TWU want or have delt with this. To say they have not gotten paid in 7-8 months and now we the members are just finding out and now they want retro pay to be provided by the Local.

The Local did not tell us what the pay was or is going to be and just what the amount of retro was going to be provided. Bobs answer just go to the LM2. Many don't even vote or log on to the web site.
The Union Paper hangers/aka/recsec. should be getting info out but that is not happening either it's all virtual.

AMFAinMIAMI said:

If being spoon fed is getting the info then "YES"  you using your little computer rather than what 8000+ people looking at the LM2 attempting to first find it or interpet the info there. 40-50% of the members dislike the TWU it is so hard to remove anyone so for you to say get a petition to have you removed is just rediculous. Not many even want anything to do with the TWU. Look at how many didnot vote for their contract. 173 here in MIA either voted Yes or did not vote at all.

I don't care at all what happen with distric 100 in your home city of NY. What does that have to do with 591. A little deflection there on your part.

$460.00 a month x 8 or 9 months is what approx $4000.00 retro?

What did they tell you when you asked if we get retro on the 4%?

Heard Glenn Olsen had to be brought in to help Local 591 sort out dues income. Is that true? What's he getting paid by Local 591?

The Truth Will Set U Free said:
Sounds like Someone is taking care of there BOYS. Hey that is what Jim Little use to do. 
"There"?

Dont recall anything Jim Little did coming to a vote or being subject to debate. 

Overspeed said:

Heard Glenn Olsen had to be brought in to help Local 591 sort out dues income. Is that true? What's he getting paid by Local 591?
Sure did, just like Alan Ball has been doing it for 514 and they have staff that assists their treasurer in addition to that. Glenn is a shop steward out of MIA who was also their Treasurer.  He gets paid for lost time as needed, around a day per week, plus his Stewards pay of course. 

Local 514 has no legacy issues, all their members and employees are in one state and they have at least three people doing the Treasurers duties, their Treasurer LeAnn Johnson, Alan Ball and permanent hired staff who have been doing it for years. We are around the same size as Local 514 but much more complex. We are still dealing with legacy issues related to closing down the Locals, anyone who has dealt with the government knows what a pain that is, imagine dealing with around 20 state governments, various city governments and the Fed on five different accounts. I was doing it all by myself (with help from the accountants on filings with the DOL and IRS). Way too much work, thats why you haven't seen me around here much over the last two years. Now I have a little help, and a little more free time. 

The Truth Will Set U Free said:
Sounds like Someone is taking care of there BOYS. Hey that is what Jim Little use to do. 
There?

The fact that you have poor grammar will likely eventually put you into the ASAP system at some point in time. You'll be glad they are there when that happens. You won't think of them as "their" BOYS when that happens. 

Reactions: 2 people