Retro Pay for Local 591 ASAP Coordinators

AMFAinMIAMI said:

It's not the compesation that is a problem it's the process in which the Local and TWU want or have delt with this. To say they have not gotten paid in 7-8 months and now we the members are just finding out and now they want retro pay to be provided by the Local.

Ok, so what is the big deal? This is an exclusively Local issue, the International has nothing to do with this issue or vote or the way we handled it.

The Local did not tell us what the pay was or is going to be and just what the amount of retro was going to be provided. Bobs answer just go to the LM2. Many don't even vote or log on to the web site.

The notice clearly states that the pay would be the same as the Benefits and EAP coordinators pay which is also stated in the bylaws, available off the Financial Report and on the LM2. 

1. Local 591 ASAP Coordinator Salary Online Vote Start Date/Time:
09/09/2015 07:00:00
[SIZE=11pt]Vote Subject: I agree “yes” or decline “no” to pay the two Local 591 ASAP Coordinators, as recommended by the Local 591 Executive Board, at the same rate as the Benefits & EAP Coordinator’s. [/SIZE]

Here is the notice. 
ASAP Coordinator Compensation Online Vote Post 

[SIZE=11pt]September 3, 2015[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]RE: Local 591 ASAP Coordinator Salary Online Vote.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]The Local 591 Executive Board has reviewed the responsibilities and beneficial impact of the services provided by our Local 591 ASAP Coordinator’s for the membership. Having considered the time and effort the ASAP Coordinator’s contribute the Executive Board recommended that the Local compensate the Local 591 ASAP Coordinators with pay parity equal to the Local 591 Benefits and EAP Coordinator’s.  Some of the former ASAP Coordinators were provided added hourly compensation, paid to them, above 40-hours by American Airlines. A disparate-treatment grievance was filed on behalf of the membership, for the non-contractual practice of providing some union members compensation not provided for by the Agreement, and the practice was stopped.  If approved by the TWU Local 591 membership, the compensation would be retroactive to Jan 2015.  In accordance with the TWU Local 591 Bylaws, Article X, P: which reads [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]Any future [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]c[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]ha[/SIZE]nges in salaries, not contained in these bylaws, will be posted on the Local 591 website as part of the meeting agenda for discussion, prior to an affirmation vote of those members present at the meeting”.

[SIZE=11pt]After completing the required discussions, during the last round of General Membership Meetings, this matter will now be placed before the TWU Local 591 membership a vote of “yes” or “no”, to establish the pay rate for the two Local 591 ASAP Coordinators.  Upon closure of the vote, if approved by the membership, an amendment will be made to add the “two ASAP Coordinator’s” to the Local 591 Bylaws pay chart. The Online vote will commence September 9, 2015 0700 Central Standard Time and close September 23, 2015 0700 Central Standard Time.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]In order to vote on this matter you must be an active TWU Local 591 Member in good standing.  If you have not already done so you may register on the Local 591 website by clicking on [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]http://www.local591.com/index.cfm?zone=/unionactive/user_signup.cfm[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]  or on the registration tab found on the upper right hand side of the Local 591 home page. If you encounter any problems registering please contact me by phone or e mail at 305-717-8988, [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt][email protected][/SIZE][SIZE=11pt] .[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Vote Subject: I agree “yes” or decline “no” to pay the two Local 591 ASAP Coordinators, as recommended by the Local 591 Executive Board, at the same rate as the Benefits & EAP Coordinator’s.  [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Fraternally,[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Jorge Rojas[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]TWU Local 591[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]Recording Secretary[/SIZE]

Many don't even vote or log on to the web site.

In other words if we had put every detail that you wished for in that already long post they would not have read it anyhow. I'm sure you would have desperately tried to find something to complain about, oh look, there it is:

The Union Paper hangers/aka/recsec. should be getting info out but that is not happening either it's all virtual.

So you are saying is that every time there is a posting that Rojas should go around to every Bulletin Board in every station and physically post it?  The fact is every Chairman and every steward was sent the notice via email. If you need to have a hard copy ask them for it.

I can say that when Round Robin comes up for Votes the majority does Log on and vote. 

I explained what happened, it was missed the last two Quarterly sessions. No great conspiracy. You seem to forget that we were elected by your peers and every three years there is another election and if at any time you don't like the job we are doing you can remove us. Just like with AMFA. So don't confuse us with what has happened at the International level, note that this is going to a vote. If you want a change in representation in this Local, or in your region the barriers are lower than ever before, but then again that would take work, a real commitment and an argument that your peers agree with. 

You want papers all over the place? Wasteful and ineffective. Whats wrong with Virtual info? Its more secure than a BB for its intended target. Plus with virtual you know the source, anyone can print up whatever they want nowadays. On line is accessible to every member either with computers or smart phones, it doesn't take much more effort to read it electronically than it does hard copy and in order to vote you have to log on anyway. Now are you going to complain about that too? 

Bob is that the best you could come up with. My grammar error on one word. I guess the REAL you is coming out. If you can't do your job without having to ask Glen to come do it for you why don't you just quit and let him do it. 

So are you saying that Local 591 don't pay a accounting  firm to do the same thing that Glen is doing. 

Guess I should use spell checker so I can be as smart as you or maybe I should do like you and ask Glen to spell for me..     

I guess if your grammar is good but your math sucks.  SMILE.

Reactions: 1 person
Overspeed said:

Heard Glenn Olsen had to be brought in to help Local 591 sort out dues income. Is that true? What's he getting paid by Local 591?

That's a question you have to ask Bob since he cuts the checks? There are a few duties that have been passed on to lesser paid TWU reps while they gave themselves got those big raises when they took office. So not sure if they are sharing the money just the work load.

Bob Owens said:

Ok, so what is the big deal? This is an exclusively Local issue, the International has nothing to do with this issue or vote or the way we handled it.
You guys are becoming more and more like the old TWU Intl.

The notice clearly states that the pay would be the same as the Benefits and EAP coordinators pay which is also stated in the bylaws, available off the Financial Report and on the LM2. 
It's the retro pay for me, the fact it is 8-9 months worth. We the members don't get retro 
but you guys want us to pay retro to the TWU. "YES" I get that dues are already paid so don't go there. The way it was done is also a problem, seems to me and other just another way to take care of your pals. 

[SIZE=11pt]Vote Subject: I agree “yes” or decline “no” to pay the two Local 591 ASAP Coordinators, as recommended by the Local 591 Executive Board, at the same rate as the Benefits & EAP Coordinator’s. [/SIZE]

Here is the notice. 
ASAP Coordinator Compensation Online Vote Post where does it say they will also get retro back on this vote it doesn't. No where in any place I read does it give amounts. You expect these guys to look up the LM2, Comeon?????? Bobby.   the members don't and won't do that,  you are looking for a slide through vote. So that you can say what the Intl said in the past since we get nothing from them, and the Company said well you guys voted and approved it.

[SIZE=11pt]The Local 591 Executive Board has reviewed the responsibilities and beneficial impact of the services provided by our Local 591 ASAP Coordinator’s for the membership. Having considered the time and effort the ASAP Coordinator’s contribute the Executive Board recommended that the Local compensate the Local 591 ASAP Coordinators with pay parity equal to the Local 591 Benefits and EAP Coordinator’s.  Some of the former ASAP Coordinators were provided added hourly compensation, paid to them, above 40-hours by American Airlines. A disparate-treatment grievance was filed on behalf of the membership, for the non-contractual practice of providing some union members compensation not provided for by the Agreement, and the practice was stopped.  If approved by the TWU Local 591 membership, the compensation would be retroactive to Jan 2015.  In accordance with the TWU Local 591 Bylaws, Article X, P: which reads [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]Any future [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]c[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]hanges in salaries, not contained in these bylaws, will be posted on the Local 591 website as part of the meeting agenda for discussion, prior to an affirmation vote of those members present at the meeting”.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]After completing the required discussions, during the last round of General Membership Meetings, this matter will now be placed before the TWU Local 591 membership a vote of “yes” or “no”, to establish the pay rate for the two Local 591 ASAP Coordinators.  Upon closure of the vote, if approved by the membership, an amendment will be made to add the “two ASAP Coordinator’s” to the Local 591 Bylaws pay chart. The Online vote will commence September 9, 2015 0700 Central Standard Time and close September 23, 2015 0700 Central Standard Time.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]In order to vote on this matter you must be an active TWU Local 591 Member in good standing.  If you have not already done so you may register on the Local 591 website by clicking on [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]http://www.local591.com/index.cfm?zone=/unionactive/user_signup.cfm[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]  or on the registration tab found on the upper right hand side of the Local 591 home page. If you encounter any problems registering please contact me by phone or e mail at 305-717-8988, [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt][email protected][/SIZE][SIZE=11pt] .[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Vote Subject: I agree “yes” or decline “no” to pay the two Local 591 ASAP Coordinators, as recommended by the Local 591 Executive Board, at the same rate as the Benefits & EAP Coordinator’s.  [/SIZE]

In other words if we had put every detail that you wished for in that already long post they would not have read it anyhow. I'm sure you would have desperately tried to find something to complain about, oh look, there it is:

So you are saying is that every time there is a posting that Rojas should go around to every Bulletin Board in every station and physically post it?  The fact is every Chairman and every steward was sent the notice via email. If you need to have a hard copy ask them for it. I get almost zero from Rojas that job has been passed on to a lower paid twu rep as well. I get more from others around the system that fwd the 591 info than I get from the MIA local reps. 

I can say that when Round Robin comes up for Votes the majority does Log on and vote. 

I explained what happened, it was missed the last two Quarterly sessions. No great conspiracy. You seem to forget that we were elected by your peers and every three years there is another election and if at any time you don't like the job we are doing you can remove us. Just like with AMFA. So don't confuse us with what has happened at the International level, note that this is going to a vote. If you want a change in representation in this Local, or in your region the barriers are lower than ever before, but then again that would take work, a real commitment and an argument that your peers agree with. 

You want papers all over the place? Wasteful and ineffective. Whats wrong with Virtual info? Its more secure than a BB for its intended target. Plus with virtual you know the source, anyone can print up whatever they want nowadays. On line is accessible to every member either with computers or smart phones, it doesn't take much more effort to read it electronically than it does hard copy and in order to vote you have to log on anyway. Now are you going to complain about that too? 

Many are not registered with 591, or don't even read it. that is our own fault. But when a vote comes up or real important things shouldn't the local city reps kind of come to work and bring those things to light insuring the info get out or hangs something saying that this or that is important and to go to the web page to get info that does not happen. Get the conversation going. Again that does not happen.

AMFAinMIAMI said:

That's a question you have to ask Bob since he cuts the checks? There are a few duties that have been passed on to lesser paid TWU reps while they gave themselves got those big raises when they took office. So not sure if they are sharing the money just the work load.

The Truth Will Set U Free said:
Bob is that the best you could come up with. (?) My grammar error on one word. I guess the REAL you is coming out. If you can't do your job without having to ask Glen to come do it for you why don't you just quit and let him do it. (?)

So are you saying that Local 591 don't (doesn't) pay a(n) accounting  firm to do the same thing that Glen is doing. ?

Guess I should use spell checker so I can be as smart as you, or maybe I should do like you and ask Glen to spell for me.. (?)    

The more you say the better I'll do.

Yes I've asked Glenn to assist me with the dues.  I've never asked him to correct my spelling or grammar.

The job I do requires more hours than a single person can produce, this is evident by simply comparing Local 591 with other locals of similar and even smaller size and less complexity. As I stated Local 514 has at least three people doing this job and they do not have to deal with 20 different governmental bodies or legacy issues like 591. Local 504 has a lot of locations like 591 but they don't have over 150 employees like we have and they don't do payroll, everyone gets 1099'd and they still employ a bookkeeper on staff. 

So go ahead keep spouting your ignorance and hurling insults, at least you are smart enough to do it from behind an alias to spare yourself embarrassment.

If you don't like the job I'm doing you have the option to have me recalled. Until then I'll continue to do what our peers elected me to do. Otherwise, I don't make a habit of considering advice from cowards who make attacks while hiding behind an alias. 

Bob Owens said:
There?

The fact that you have poor grammar will likely eventually put you into the ASAP system at some point in time. You'll be glad they are there when that happens. You won't think of them as "their" BOYS when that happens. 

There it is I knew that sooner or later one of the TWU guys would  say wait till you need them.

Typical TWU way of operation. Threats and intimidation or the insinuation that they will not be helped is that why you attacked TSYF. A type "O" or misspelled word? 

As a Group the TWU reps need to realise that YOU work for US the members NOT the other way around. We are entitled to a voice like it or Not.

We Don't have to like what is going on within the Union. 

Boy, can you just feel the love. If the local paid an accounting firm lots of money someone would object. If the local pulled a guy off the floor and paid him lost time someone would object. This is why we are in the position we are in. No more line locals, two dysfunctional unions that can't agree on anything. We need to do what's best for us at the local level since the international is untouchable and could care less about all of us. I'm not sure if going paperless is the best approach for major issues. It would be best if a union officer at each station would print up hard copies of information and post them. We still have people walking around that are not up on all union issues.

Bob Owens said:

The more you say the better I'll do.

Yes I've asked Glenn to assist me with the dues.  I've never asked him to correct my spelling or grammar.

Did he get compensated for the extra duties? If so how did his compensation get calculated a % of your pay rate, and if it was for more than a month did he get retro?

The job I do requires more hours than a single person can produce, this is evident by simply comparing Local 591 with other locals of similar and even smaller size and less complexity. As I stated Local 514 has at least three people doing this job and they do not have to deal with 20 different governmental bodies or legacy issues like 591. Local 504 has a lot of locations like 591 but they don't have over 150 employees like we have and they don't do payroll, everyone gets 1099'd and they still employ a bookkeeper on staff. 

So go ahead keep spouting your ignorance and hurling insults, at least you are smart enough to do it from behind an alias to spare yourself embarrassment.

If you don't like the job I'm doing you have the option to have me recalled. Until then I'll continue to do what our peers elected me to do. Otherwise, I don't make a habit of considering advice from cowards who make attacks while hiding behind an alias. 

1AA said:
Boy, can you just feel the love. If the local paid an accounting firm lots of money someone would object. If the local pulled a guy off the floor and paid him lost time someone would object. This is why we are in the position we are in. No more line locals, two dysfunctional unions that can't agree on anything. We need to do what's best for us at the local level since the international is untouchable and could care less about all of us. I'm not sure if going paperless is the best approach for major issues. It would be best if a union officer at each station would print up hard copies of information and post them. We still have people walking around that are not up on all union issues.

1AA very Good Post.

AMFAinMIAMI said:

You guys are becoming more and more like the old TWU Intl.

It's the retro pay for me, the fact it is 8-9 months worth. We the members don't get retro 
but you guys want us to pay retro to the TWU. "YES" I get that dues are already paid so don't go there. The way it was done is also a problem, seems to me and other just another way to take care of your pals. 

Here is the notice. 
ASAP Coordinator Compensation Online Vote Post where does it say they will also get retro back on this vote it doesn't. No where in any place I read does it give amounts. You expect these guys to look up the LM2, Comeon?????? Bobby.   the members don't and won't do that,  you are looking for a slide through vote. So that you can say what the Intl said in the past since we get nothing from them, and the Company said well you guys voted and approved it.

[SIZE=11pt]The Local 591 Executive Board has reviewed the responsibilities and beneficial impact of the services provided by our Local 591 ASAP Coordinator’s for the membership. Having considered the time and effort the ASAP Coordinator’s contribute the Executive Board recommended that the Local compensate the Local 591 ASAP Coordinators with pay parity equal to the Local 591 Benefits and EAP Coordinator’s.  Some of the former ASAP Coordinators were provided added hourly compensation, paid to them, above 40-hours by American Airlines. A disparate-treatment grievance was filed on behalf of the membership, for the non-contractual practice of providing some union members compensation not provided for by the Agreement, and the practice was stopped.  If approved by the TWU Local 591 membership, the compensation would be retroactive to Jan 2015.  In accordance with the TWU Local 591 Bylaws, Article X, P: which reads [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]Any future [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]c[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]hanges in salaries, not contained in these bylaws, will be posted on the Local 591 website as part of the meeting agenda for discussion, prior to an affirmation vote of those members present at the meeting”.[/SIZE]

So you are saying is that every time there is a posting that Rojas should go around to every Bulletin Board in every station and physically post it?  The fact is every Chairman and every steward was sent the notice via email. If you need to have a hard copy ask them for it. I get almost zero from Rojas that job has been passed on to a lower paid twu rep as well. I get more from others around the system that fwd the 591 info than I get from the MIA local reps. 

Many are not registered with 591, or don't even read it. that is our own fault. But when a vote comes up or real important things shouldn't the local city reps kind of come to work and bring those things to light insuring the info get out or hangs something saying that this or that is important and to go to the web page to get info that does not happen. Get the conversation going. Again that does not happen.

With each post you are making less and less sense and getting further and further away from the topic of this thread. So I'll just stop.

The reason for the retro is because we told the ASAP guys we would be putting this before the membership per the bylaws but forgot to add it to the agenda for the quarterly meetings. I thought I made that clear. I'll clarify it even more if you like, I forgot to get it put on the agenda, its all my fault, I screwed up. If I hadn't screwed up it would have been voted on over 8 months ago and there would be no retro to consider. 

The topic is should these guys who work hard for their fellow mechanics get a stipend for their efforts? Forget all the conspiracies, there aren't any. In most Locals it would not even go to a vote.

The vote affects two people, the result will tell these two guys whether or not the membership appreciates their efforts. It will not raise the members dues or have any negative financial impact on them whatsoever. A "no" vote tells me that after these two guys put in their 8 hours they should turn off the phones and not answer emails and tell management that they want to punch in and out and put their names on the OT list. 

So do you have a problem with the ASAP guys getting the stipend or not? 

Reactions: 2 people
Back to the regularly scheduled thread, I just voted YES as my ass (license) was on the line about a year ago for something it shouldn't of been, and talked to ASAP guy out of DFW for many hours, many on the weekend.  Forgot his name, but he never said a word that he wasn't being paid while I chatted away with him.  Kinda feel bad about it now after seeing the vote go up.  He was very professional and got my issue resolved. 

Reactions: 2 people
He thanks you...now maybe you can thank someone in the union (international) whenever they TRULY fight and get you retro. But then again, if it's the ASS dragging their collective ass's, then you may be withholding your "thank you" for a long long time.

Bob Owens said:
"There"?

Dont recall anything Jim Little did coming to a vote or being subject to debate. 

Sure did, just like Alan Ball has been doing it for 514 and they have staff that assists their treasurer in addition to that. Glenn is a shop steward out of MIA who was also their Treasurer.  He gets paid for lost time as needed, around a day per week, plus his Stewards pay of course. 

Local 514 has no legacy issues, all their members and employees are in one state and they have at least three people doing the Treasurers duties, their Treasurer LeAnn Johnson, Alan Ball and permanent hired staff who have been doing it for years. We are around the same size as Local 514 but much more complex. We are still dealing with legacy issues related to closing down the Locals, anyone who has dealt with the government knows what a pain that is, imagine dealing with around 20 state governments, various city governments and the Fed on five different accounts. I was doing it all by myself (with help from the accountants on filings with the DOL and IRS). Way too much work, thats why you haven't seen me around here much over the last two years. Now I have a little help, and a little more free time. 

Gotta call BS on this. You deal with twenty state governments, the DOL filings, and the IRS? Really? I've talked to Hatfield and Kilbane about running for treasurer at 565. The local pays a payroll service to handle all tax issues having to do with payroll so all you do is point and click on who gets paid and they do the rest and the CPA does all the annual tax forms for the local and the LM2 prep. Another point and click plus maybe a signature or too. Enough with the excuses as to how you are so overworked and underpaid.

I didn't ask about 514 and that's another deflection as AMFAinMiami so accurately stated.

Way too much work? HA! I see you have a second job as a comedian.

Maybe Glenn will run for treasurer since he's doing the job. He should get paid the right rate. Besides, you've said in the past you would rather be on the frontlines fighting for a good contract. Is there an Owens for President run coming? I'd like to see if you can deliver on your BS. Can't do any worse than the current president at 591.

The Truth Will Set U Free said:
Bob is that the best you could come up with. My grammar error on one word. I guess the REAL you is coming out. If you can't do your job without having to ask Glen to come do it for you why don't you just quit and let him do it. 

So are you saying that Local 591 don't pay a accounting  firm to do the same thing that Glen is doing. 

Guess I should use spell checker so I can be as smart as you or maybe I should do like you and ask Glen to spell for me..     

That's Bob's way. Latch on to a piece of something you say, make it an issue (in his mind), attack you on it, you defend yourself on the part he attacked, get led way off the original issue, and by that time real point has been lost.

Disregard his antics. Stay on your point and ignore his attempts to pivot the argument. He is the obfuscation master far and away.

AMFAinMIAMI said:

There it is I knew that sooner or later one of the TWU guys would  say wait till you need them.

Typical TWU way of operation. Threats and intimidation or the insinuation that they will not be helped is that why you attacked TSYF. A type "O" or misspelled word? 

As a Group the TWU reps need to realise that YOU work for US the members NOT the other way around. We are entitled to a voice like it or Not.

We Don't have to like what is going on within the Union. 

Attack the messenger not the message when you don't want to answer the question. Or maybe the answer would expose more scams and deals.

Hopefully apathy doesn't continue and we see other within in the ranks give us some real choices next 591 election.