RIF dates

I see what you mean, but, the company doesn't really need the judges decision either way to do job cuts.

They can do a layoff anytime they wish to regardless of judges decision.

I see what you mean, but, the company doesn't really need the judges decision either way to do job cuts.

Sure they can.

But when dumbass James C Little sent his Lawyers into the Bankruptcy Court with a promise of vote results by May 14th on the companies Last Offer, when the last offer language was still not in the Union's hand is about as stupid as it gets and an utter failure in the duty represent. And so the company is now playing games with language and using this information to further scare the TWU. This ignorance should be considered criminal for a Union Leader to place the membership is such a negative position with no leverage. Especially after years of being unable to reach an agreement in Section 6 negotiations.

Those RIF dates were released this weekend on purpose. No question about it.

Again The TWU Membership Should File a DFR against James C Little and the TWU

I just don't understand the bitching about rif dates released.

It was one of the #1 questions ALL of us have, now it's answered.

There is NO scenario under which there will be no rifs, so why not release the dates.

Knowing the dates of the rifs don't sway me one way or another, I decide my vote based on the text and how it affects me and my family.

If interested, I remember a TWU letter on 02/24/2012 where Jim Little said the membership would vote. As of yet I cannot track it down....

I see what you mean, but, the company doesn't really need the judges decision either way to do jojobbedb cuts.

Yea but after the decision they get to pick and choose and not pay 12,500 for breeching the protection.

If interested, I remember a TWU letter on 02/24/2012 where Jim Little said the membership would vote. As of yet I cannot track it down....

Yeah I know he did. But sending the Lawyers into the court to promise the Judge a results date without Language in hand is the issue. There is nothing wrong with wanting the membership to have a say. It is the Court, Lawyer, Judge, promise of a date when language was not agreed to that has my feathers ruffled.

Or why not tell the Judge we intend to have results as soon as we get language and the membership has time to review that language?

There was nothing in this process that required James C Little to create such an emergency and compromise our position out of sheer ignorance.

I just don't understand the bitching about rif dates released.

It was one of the #1 questions ALL of us have, now it's answered.

There is NO scenario under which there will be no rifs, so why not release the dates.

Knowing the dates of the rifs don't sway me one way or another, I decide my vote based on the text and how it affects me and my family.

You sound just like a TWU Officer.
Just because RIF dates were your number one question, does not mean it was mine.

Learn to speak for yourself and leave my questions to me.
Where do you get that is was number question of ALL of us. Did take a secret poll?

My number one question is this:
After Years of TWU Concessions and Appointed Leaders like James C Little, why doesn't the membership excercise their right to choose the representation of their choice? Why do we have the battered Wife Syndrome as Union Members and appear to love it?

No, not an officer, just a member like everyone else and we all have the same hunger for information, including when we would have to leave our families (in my case), so we can prepare.

I'm glad the dates were released.

Again, were you under some pie in the sky assumption there would be no rifs?

The more information we can get , the better.

No, not an officer, just a member like everyone else and we all have the same hunger for information, including when we would have to leave our families (in my case), so we can prepare.

I'm glad the dates were released.

Again, were you under some pie in the sky assumption there would be no rifs?

The more information we can get , the better.

Good for you, so you got your date.
Are you happy now and how is that working for you?
There are far more pressing issues happening right now and first.

The first date in the release
June 1st – 30th SIS Window Election Period

Still a month away and plenty of time to give that notifcation.

Even the WARN Letters are out there
July 23rd – 24th Warn Letters Issued

This from the first town hall transcripts that were posted on 3/2

Larry K. Berg
My understanding is that we the membership will vote on the final offer in order to reach a consensual
agreement with AA. If the final offer is or is not supported by our negotiation committee, will the
membership be provide with advice from our legal counsel on their ability to prevent contract
modification if AA were to petition the court? Our legal councils opinion of AA meeting all criteria for
the court to allow modification to the CBA.

Jim Little
Under Bankruptcy Code section 1113 CBAs will be negotiated among the company and the TWU, with
any revisions being subject to approval of the members who are in good standing with the TWU.
However, if an agreement is not ratified prior to the Bankruptcy Court issuing a decision on the section
1113 motion, the Bankruptcy Court decides whether to grant or deny the company's motion, but will not
rewrite the CBA. Before the court makes that decision the TWU intends to give its members the
opportunity to vote on the company's last proposal, even if the TWU and the company have not reached
agreement on a TA.

Also
http://www.twubkfacts.org/home/tabid/1494/ctl/detail/mid/3063/itemid/325/amr-bankruptcy-update-for-february-24%2c-2012.aspx

Again, my complaint is not the idea of allowing the membership to vote.

My complaint is that going into Bankruptcy Court with your Lawyers and giving a specific results date of May 14th, knowing that you do not have language from AA is stupid at best and a failure to represent at worst. Especially when the Union has been negotiating with AA for years without an agreement. Top that with the fact that the company is playing games with the language now that the TWU has placed themselves into a compromised position by giving that date to the Judge.

Can You Spell DUMBASS?

Again, my complaint is not the idea of allowing the membership to vote.

My complaint is that going into Bankruptcy Court with your Lawyers and giving a specific results date of May 14th,
You can add to that announcing the vote prior to negotiations being over, which pulled the rug out of any real negotiations that may have taken place. No reason for the company to negotiate at that point knowing that Little said we would vote on the last offer.

Latest posts