RIF dates

And they reached a consentual agreement later that was ratified. Thats why they never tried to bring the appeal further up the process

Correct.

Not one POR has been approved until concensual agreements are in place. Which means it is the only leverage the Union has.
And guess which Union is in the biggest rush to remove that potential leverage?

And they reached a consentual agreement later that was ratified. Thats why they never tried to bring the appeal further up the process
They did come to an agreement in the 2-week period prior to imposition.

I see you are making the same argument that would be used in the appeal. I suspect that the question will still be unanswered because the TWU will somehow ensure that you have a consensual agreement whether you agree to it or not. :unsure:

They did come to an agreement in the 2-week period prior to imposition.

I see you are making the same argument that would be used in the appeal. I suspect that the question will still be unanswered because the TWU will somehow ensure that you have a consensual agreement whether you agree to it or not. :unsure:

That is a fact, but the Pilots and F/A's of AA are not so docile.
The TWU will be sitting with a 6 year soldout agreement and the other Unions of the property will fight to the end.

Correct.

Not one POR has been approved until concensual agreements are in place. Which means it is the only leverage the Union has.
And guess which Union is in the biggest rush to remove that potential leverage?

I Agree!!!!!!

On April 26, 2007, Northwest and AFA reached a new tentative agreement that granted the airline $195 million in annual savings while giving AFA members an allowed unsecured claim for $182 million. On May 30, the AFA membership approved the agreement and the next day Northwest exited chapter 11.

The very next day after a consensual agreement!

We should drag our feet until AA has every aspect of its BK completed.. It is all we have left...

I Agree!!!!!!

On April 26, 2007, Northwest and AFA reached a new tentative agreement that granted the airline $195 million in annual savings while giving AFA members an allowed unsecured claim for $182 million. On May 30, the AFA membership approved the agreement and the next day Northwest exited chapter 11.

The very next day after a consensual agreement!

We should drag our feet until AA has every aspect of its BK completed.. It is all we have left...

Finally another person that gets it.

We too will end up merged with another Carrier....

But have not all Union's publicy claimed this is what they want?

Best way to get there, is never reach consensual with AA.

Oh I forgot, the Stooges and Little followers are all SKEERED.
Of what? Delta without a Union and without a contract has it better than us by far.

That is a fact, but the Pilots and F/A's of AA are not so docile.
The TWU will be sitting with a 6 year soldout agreement and the other Unions of the property will fight to the end.

And the real kicker is those groups arent even at the bottom of the Industry like us!!!

This thing has been riiged from the start. From day one we were told we had to get to the companys number, without ever challenging the number. We were told that we had to save jobs no matter the cost. Then we were told that all votes of the committee would be either by concensus or roll call, so either we all agree with Tulsa and Title II, who were targeted for the biggest hits, or they would make us agree.

When the company came back with the "mid term adjustment' last Wednesday that would add another 3.5% to the wage after the third and forth year for the Line AMTs only, as long as the other three legacies didnt lower their wages by then (in an attempt to be able to keep down with us) Tulsa indicated that the whole thing was DOA as far as Tulsa was concerned, the following morning the company added OH AMTs and you can tell me after Saturday how the leadership of Tulsa feels now. My guess is they will try and sell it, aided by the International and their lawyers through omission and fear.

Of what? Delta without a Union and without a contract has it better than us by far.

If Delta and Jet Blue are non union then wouldnt their pay rates be "Market Rate"?

If so we pay a huge penalty by being Union. Apparently our labor is being discounted to maintain dues flow.

And the real kicker is those groups arent even at the bottom of the Industry like us!!!

This thing has been riiged from the start. From day one we were told we had to get to the companys number, without ever challenging the number. We were told that we had to save jobs no matter the cost. Then we were told that all votes of the committee would be either by concensus or roll call, so either we all agree with Tulsa and Title II, who were targeted for the biggest hits, or they would make us agree.

When the company came back with the "mid term adjustment' last Wednesday that would add another 3.5% to the wage after the third and forth year for the Line AMTs only, as long as the other three legacies didnt lower their wages by then (in an attempt to be able to keep down with us) Tulsa indicated that the whole thing was DOA as far as Tulsa was concerned, the following morning the company added OH AMTs and you can tell me after Saturday how the leadership of Tulsa feels now. My guess is they will try and sell it, aided by the International and their lawyers through omission and fear.

I feel your pain, and this has been TWU M.O for years.

I am not so sure the TULSA AMT's are as gullible as in the past. OSM's and Title 2, now that I am not sure about.

This has to have a significant early out or it will never pass. And even then, it will be interesting watching the TWU sell another concession but all along claiming they never agreed to it.

"We have something to sell you, but we never bought it ourselves"
Interesting new twist by the Masters of Manipulation.

I feel your pain, and this has been TWU M.O for years.

I am not so sure the TULSA AMT's are as gullible as in the past. OSM's and Title 2, now that I am not sure about.

This has to have a significant early out or it will never pass. And even then, it will be interesting watching the TWU sell another concession but all along claiming they never agreed to it.

"We have something to sell you, but we never bought it ourselves"
Interesting new twist by the Masters of Manipulation.
Regardless, we need to get together and give them a rousing hell no.Again both the TWU and AA want to drive a wedge between line and overhaul.If we accept this we are all toast.If we reject and send this to the judge we have a fighting chance at a better future, as well as a way to mitigate the deplorable work of that idiot little.It should be a HUGE red flag to every TWU member that neither APA nor APFA are even thinking of bringing this crap to a vote let alone,promising a vote before a court date when we still don't have an agreement to look at. What kind of military leader (little) waves the white flag while everybody else fights on?The other unions have publicly warned AA of the consequences of abrogation. Us? not so much.

Do you not understand the Judge only rules on the motion before him?

He doesnt negotiate nor write you a new CBA.

Reactions: 1 person
Has anyone noticed that that the last day of work, Sep 28th, is also the last day of esclusivity for AA managemnt and their bk plan unless they get another extension?

Has anyone noticed that that the last day of work, Sep 28th, is also the last day of esclusivity for AA managemnt and their bk plan unless they get another extension?

Or, unless the Creditors ask the judge to end it sooner, which they very well may.

I wanted to see if anyone has any insight into some of these dates.

June 1st – 30th SIS Window Election Period
This would be the time anyone would choose to retire or separate.

July 6th M&E Provide RIF Numbers
After all the separations and retirements are added up they will decide how many more need to go.

July 9th – 16th AFW / DFW / DWH Volunteer Opportunity
Anyone have ANY idea as to what this would mean?

July 23rd – 24th Warn Letters Issued
July 27th PTR Freeze
August 15th – 17th RIF Notices Issued
We all know what the those 3 items are.
So not a lot happening between July 16th August 20th. Wonder why they spaced that out so far, not complaining mind you.

August 20th – 27th Option Selection Period
We get one week to fill out our dream sheets.

August 28th – September 6th TS Works Virtual RIF
This is the part that scares me, who will oversee this operation to see that it is done above board????

September 7th – 11th Accept – Decline Window
4 days to decide if we want the choice and 2 and a half weeks before we move on.
September 28th Off Payroll Date