RIP TODD GERHART AND MIKE FANGHELLA

robbedagain

Veteran
Oct 13, 2003
2 of USAirways finest pilots have passed away capt mike fanghella sometime or around nov 2 in virginia beach his wife worked for dl in orf and he was a capt for america west/usairways details are not known and i could not find an obit.

capt todd gerhart passed away dec 4 in a hospice in bethlehem pa. his obit at mcall.com
he was a ALG and EN captain but from the messages ive seen on his obit guest book it appears that he may have been a pilot on the emb 170

go with GOD both pilots.....youre with angels now

Sorry to bring this old thread up but I just found out about Mike's passing. I knew Mike from when we were both at college at SUNY Farmingdale. In the 1975/77 time frame that school had a great flying program. We all got our Private certificate there. I remember years later I was jumpseating into ORF and he was the Capt (Dash 8). 54 is way too young.

To Robbedagain, I did not find an obit either.

I remember when he was the capt on the dash his widow worked for delta in orf when my dad was there

Hey Robbed, do you know the cause of death? Just wondering, I'll be talking soon to a friend of mine soon who also knew Fanghella at Farmingdale. He's a Capt at Delta now (via NWA, via orig Republic). I retired early from AA (via TWA).

i dont know to be honest but i will see if my dad might know like you i was never able to find an obit

i dont know if you ever knew todd gerhart but he flew the dash as well he died from cancer back in december i believe

Back