Rude awakening for US small business's in less than 2 months.

Aug 20, 2002
www.usaviation.com
SURPRISE.

All the workers who took the free Govt, $$$, will NOT be returning in the Numbers when they left !

Don't take my word for it, Trust the Expects like CNBC and others who know what their talking about !

Only way out of the soon to be dilemma, is to PAY MORE MONEY, for even menial jobs.
The PICNIC is F OVER for paying 'Chit' wages , even in DUMPS like OK,TX,AK,AL,MS,TN, SC,KY, !!

Thanks Covid !

So get ready for hyper inflation. Businesses will just pass the extra cost for employees onto the consumer. There is no free lunch.
I read this stuff that a $15 minimum wage was going to make a Big Mac cost $30 so I did some comparisons. I found that the cost of a fast food combo meal in Kansas City, which uses the good old 7 bucks an hour minimum wage is $8. The cost in Seattle with a $15 minimum wage is $9. If you stop and think about it, that extra buck for a burger might mean that some people come off SNAP (food stamps) so we may actually be SAVING money.

Here's the site https://www.expatistan.com/cost-of-living/country/united-states#all-cities

• Love
Reactions: Kev3188
I read this stuff that a $15 minimum wage was going to make a Big Mac cost $30 so I did some comparisons. I found that the cost of a fast food combo meal in Kansas City, which uses the good old 7 bucks an hour minimum wage is $8. The cost in Seattle with a $15 minimum wage is $9. If you stop and think about it, that extra buck for a burger might mean that some people come off SNAP (food stamps) so we may actually be SAVING money.

Here's the site https://www.expatistan.com/cost-of-living/country/united-states#all-cities

J.

For heavens sake.
STOP talking intelligently.

SURPRISE.

All the workers who took the free Govt, $$$, will NOT be returning in the Numbers when they left !

Don't take my word for it, Trust the Expects like CNBC and others who know what their talking about !

Only way out of the soon to be dilemma, is to PAY MORE MONEY, for even menial jobs.
The PICNIC is F OVER for paying 'Chit' wages , even in DUMPS like OK,TX,AK,AL,MS,TN, SC,KY, !!

Thanks Covid !
I am more interested in seeing the "rude awakening" of job seekers trying to reenter the labor market after sitting on their ass collecting government cheese until their unemployment ran out. If they did not want a job then why the hell should businesses give them one now? They obviously don't want to work.

If you owned a business (which we all know would NEVER happen because god forbid YOU ever had to reach into YOUR pocket to pay someone else) would YOU want to give someone a job that sit on their ass for MONTHS living off unemployment when so many companies are hiring? I sure as hell wouldn't.

Now that will be a show worth seeing. I can hardly wait.

Last edited:
J.

For heavens sake.
STOP talking intelligently.

These prices are based on abundant and consistent data. They are very reliable. They are based on 122 prices entered by 19 different people.
Latest price update: August 16, 2021

These prices are based on abundant and consistent data. They are very reliable. They are based on 929 prices entered by 113 different people.

Yes, posting information sourced by 1051 transactions and a total of 132 unidentified people. How very intelligent of him.

Bears you are the poster child for the intellectually lazy. You just keep opening your mouth for spoon fed BS and never bother to validate what your consuming.

I am more interested in seeing the "rude awakening" of job seekers trying to reenter the labor market after sitting on their ass collecting government cheese until their unemployment ran out. If they did not want a job then why the hell should businesses give them one now? They obviously don't want to work.

If you owned a business (which we all know would NEVER happen because god forbid YOU ever had to reach into zYOUR pocket to pay someone else) would YOU want to give someone a job that sit on their ass for MONTHS living off unemployment when so many companies are hiring? I sure as hell wouldn't.

Now that will be a show worth seeing. I can hardly wait.
That's a nice rant, but the thing is, OTHER PEOPLE don't seem to want a lot of those jobs either. And unemployment benefits have been cut a lot of places.

These prices are based on abundant and consistent data. They are very reliable. They are based on 122 prices entered by 19 different people.

These prices are based on abundant and consistent data. They are very reliable. They are based on 929 prices entered by 113 different people.

Yes, posting information sourced by 1051 transactions and a total of 132 unidentified people. How very intelligent of him.

Bears you are the poster child for the intellectually lazy. You just keep opening your mouth for spoon fed BS and never bother to validate what your consuming.

My data was sourced somewhere other than being pulled from my rectum.

Yeah, there might be a rude awakening, but I don't think it will work out quite as Bear's thinks it will.

Those incentive wages you see today of $12+ for starting pay? Don't be surprised when starting wages drop back down to the $8-$10 range as the number of people applying goes up.

Many employers figured out how to make-do work with fewer people, so there's a chance the number of jobs available might not match all those looking to re-enter the workforce.

I've also heard from one hiring manager that anyone who stayed out for more than a year without a job won't get an interview at his shop, regardless of their qualifications.

Reactions: Kev3188
Yeah, there might be a rude awakening, but I don't think it will work out quite as Bear's thinks it will.

Those incentive wages you see today of $12+ for starting pay? Don't be surprised when starting wages drop back down to the $8-$10 range as the number of people applying goes up.

Many employers figured out how to make-do work with fewer people, so there's a chance the number of jobs available might not match all those looking to re-enter the workforce.

I've also heard from one hiring manager that anyone who stayed out for more than a year without a job won't get an interview at his shop, regardless of their qualifications.

Right on time, for YOU Mr. KNOW-IT-ALL, to chime-in' !!

During a commercial break in the ball game, where my NY Yankees were kickin the CHIT out of Boston, in a doubleheader, the ad read, " MASS 200,000 ", meaning 200,000 thousand jobs in MASSACHUSETTS with a MINIMUM WAGE of $ 13,50 to start. ( I do realize that MA, is not THANK GOD, Tex ass or Okie-homa) (Eolesen. want to go for SEA, specifically SEATAC, WA) !!!!!! NO. I didn't think so !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not to discount something like 40 million decided to retire/quit....Then those who left their previous career to do something else. Common reason was they had time to reflect on what they were doing and figured on a different career direction.

SURPRISE.

Thanks Covid !

Must be why there are so many canceled flights.