S.1113(e) And Pension Hearing

I won't be able to update till I get back from DCA. When I get back I will, I plan on taking notes.

and to usfliboi, do you know what I majored in college?

You don't know me so make judgements, I know A LOT more then you think.

Like I said, be in the court room tomorrow when SR VP of MTC John Prestifilipo takes the stand and when he gets cross examined, his testimony will be very interesting.

Just like he said the company has the right to vendor the airbus work, well I guess we all know the truth now, I wonder how the IAM members will spend that $10 to $15 million award to the IAM membership?

700UW said:
I won't be able to update till I get back from DCA. When I get back I will, I plan on taking notes.

and to usfliboi, do you know what I majored in college?

You don't know me so make judgements, I know A LOT more then you think.

Like I said, be in the court room tomorrow when SR VP of MTC John Prestifilipo takes the stand and when he gets cross examined, his testimony will be very interesting.

Just like he said the company has the right to vendor the airbus work, well I guess we all know the truth now, I wonder how the IAM members will spend that $10 to $15 million award to the IAM membership?
[post="189974"][/post]​

ok thanks there 700!

USA320Pilot said:
The survival of these Debtors, and the preservation of approximately 34,000 jobs, depends upon these Debtors' ability to successfully reorganize as a healthy, viable airline.
Respectfully,

USA320Pilot
[post="189832"][/post]​

Don't tell me you agree with this statement !! A total lie indeed. Whatever the pay and benefit cuts end up being for each group, the ultimate cost will be the total loss of good paying jobs. How can a company attorney stand in front of a judge and claim that pay cuts will preserve 34,000 jobs.

This company wants to still rid itself of as many employees as possible. Period. No group will go unscathed. You made the comment many posts ago that there is reason to believe that the company would need to hire more pilots for the increased flying under the TP. Seems that the company thinks otherwise !!!

USA320Pilot said:
I believe the judge will ...
[post="189964"][/post]​

When will you get it thru your thick scull no one gives a c*** what you believe or what you think you believe. Everyone knows you lie and talk out your A**.

USA320Pilot said:
Therefore, informed sources believe the court will rule in support of the Creditors Committee and the Debtor (the Company) in favor of the S.1113(e) motion and pension changes.

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot
[post="189832"][/post]​

Speaking of informed, when does the ICT/UCT begin?

USA320Pilot said:
However, the S.1113(e) statute only refers to whether the relief is essential, which is clearly the case especially with oil now above $53 per barrel in NYMEX trading.

[post="189964"][/post]​
OMIGOSH oil is above $53/bbl! Why aren't Exxon, Texaco and Sunoco filing for bankruptcy?

Oh, you mean when a cost goes up they raise their prices? Is Lakfield familiar with this practice?

Why would any judge allow a company to extort concessions from employees when that company refuses to recognize simple economics and raise prices to reflect an increase in fuel costs?

If traffic falls off, so be it. Come back to the judge then and plead the case that you did all you could (once you have) and raise the labor cost issue. Until then all US is doing is looking for an accomplice in union busting. I don't think this judge is too willing to hitch his credibility to this management's wagon.

Some people are so blinded..... this is not about anything, ANYTHING, but protecting creditors.... Emotions have nothing to do with it. If it did, with all the emotion around here, we would be making a profit......

How do you see a failed business plan funded by employees to, in any way, protect creditors?

usfliboi said:
Some people are so blinded..... this is not about anything, ANYTHING, but protecting creditors.... Emotions have nothing to do with it. If it did, with all the emotion around here, we would be making a profit......
[post="190118"][/post]​
Your right flyboy, maybe this subject should have it's own thread all together. But you've got to admit he makes a good point. I like your way of thinking 737. :up:

usfliboi said:
[post="190118"][/post]​

If the creditors were being protected, US Airways would have already been liquidated and the proceeds returned to the creditors. How much of the creditors money has been p+ssed away in the past quarter? We'll find out soon enough.

The situation we have now is to continue to run an unprofitable business in the HOPE that it can make a profit. However, give the $4/bbl rise in OIL in the past week, I am sure the forecast requiring $38mil/month in labor savings is already old, out-dated, and not enough to be profitable in the current environment.