Saving by Booking on Southwest

scuba

Advanced
Dec 2, 2004
So, I have to take the family to Utah for an adoption finalization and the money I saved just from the checked baggage fees saved me enough that I do not have to hold the infants on my lap.

And by the way, I'm flying thru Denver thus six less passengers that either United or Frontier will obtain. So go ahead and "unbundle" all you like. As for me and my family, well I guess we will be flying on Southwest. We never could get enough miles to fly for free on frequent flyer miles anyway. Plus I couldn't afford the excess baggage for just checking clothes that we will need while we are out on this trip.

Odd, it seems to me counterproductive to charge fees when you keep loosing money. So, really, Southwest gets an A+ for not charging extras for the basics. I understand charging for truly extras, but this is basic needs. You need to have clothes, you need to have bags. At the rate UA/F9/AA/DL/US are going they will soon not only charge you to check your bags, they will make you load and unload them yourselves.

Nice to be able to afford to fly and take extra family members that we otherwise wouldn't have done.

Southest gets a A

Ding. You are now free to move about the Country!

So, I have to take the family to Utah for an adoption finalization and the money I saved just from the checked baggage fees saved me enough that I do not have to hold the infants on my lap.

And by the way, I'm flying thru Denver thus six less passengers that either United or Frontier will obtain. So go ahead and "unbundle" all you like. As for me and my family, well I guess we will be flying on Southwest. We never could get enough miles to fly for free on frequent flyer miles anyway. Plus I couldn't afford the excess baggage for just checking clothes that we will need while we are out on this trip.

Odd, it seems to me counterproductive to charge fees when you keep loosing money. So, really, Southwest gets an A+ for not charging extras for the basics. I understand charging for truly extras, but this is basic needs. You need to have clothes, you need to have bags. At the rate UA/F9/AA/DL/US are going they will soon not only charge you to check your bags, they will make you load and unload them yourselves.

Nice to be able to afford to fly and take extra family members that we otherwise wouldn't have done.

Southest gets a A

Ding. You are now free to move about the Country!
"they will make you load and unload them yourselves" Now thats EXACTLY what Southwest requires you to do if you are interlining with another airline :lol:

[You are now free to lug your own luggage ]. :huh: