Schnurman: American Airlines pilots need a reality check

I agree that Chapter 11 is NOT the way to go. Too much uncertainty about wages and retirement benefits. Hell I think PBGC is as broke as FDIC, so we may get anything, especially with China sick of buying US debt, how will they pay for it? Take it from our back pocket (taxes) and reshuffle it to our front with a reduce pension check?

The pilot negotiators are endangering all of us by pushing things to the brink. If they get their impasse wish things could really get ugly. We ALL want restore and more but by God, look around men! Get real!
Right Flatline, nobody likes the bankruptcy route but the lawyers. Management, not the pilots, are the ones endangering our careers. They are running this airline into the ground with arrogance, greed, and bad business decisions. I think they might have a management position open for you at Centerpork, you will fit right in.

What happens if the ecomomy turns around like it did in the late 90's and AMR again makes billions in profits? Where were you in 1995 when we were locked in a 6 year concessionary contract? The twu pleaded management on bended knees for a cut of the pie and were told in no uncertain terms to pound sand? I know, you got to keep your pension and your paycheck, so anything that management allows you to have, your happy.

I agree that Chapter 11 is NOT the way to go. Too much uncertainty about wages and retirement benefits. Hell I think PBGC is as broke as FDIC, so we may get anything, especially with China sick of buying US debt, how will they pay for it? Take it from our back pocket (taxes) and reshuffle it to our front with a reduce pension check?

The pilot negotiators are endangering all of us by pushing things to the brink. If they get their impasse wish things could really get ugly. We ALL want restore and more but by God, look around men! Get real!

Why don't you tell the executives to get "real," frontline?
Do you realize even if we only got RESTORE to 2003 levels, we would still be way behind?

Do you really think getting restored to something you had 6 years ago is too much to ask for?

You need the get "real."

Tell me, frontline, do you think the executives are at the levels of 6 years ago?

Latest posts

Back