SCRAPE - ING........the BOTTOM of the BARREL (politically)

Aug 20, 2002
www.usaviation.com
I've seen a lot of questionable SH!T (politically) in my 67+ years, but this one is THE bottom of the ol' Barrel.

Threatening a persons JOB, when you HAVE the power to do it, is akin to Walmart shutting a half-dozen profitable stores, that happen to be in a strong union friendly state, when the possibility is a strong for a union drive.

BUT, EVEN Walmart (so far) hasn't stooped so LOW.

SO, without further adieu, I give you the COKE brothers at thier WORST !

http://www.huffingto..._n_1965366.html

A little added extra.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/14/arthur-allen-romney-email_n_1963965.html

BFD.I did not see this as a threat but a warning. Nothing wrong with advising people how to vote to have the best outcome for them and the country. Has any union boss done this. I think so.

Actually, it *is* a BFD. You may see it as a warning. I see it as an employer using a bully pulpit with a tacit threat to one's employment.

Just curious: If it was a company saying stumping for Obama, would you be so blase about it?

Actually, it *is* a BFD. You may see it as a warning. I see it as an employer using a bully pulpit with a tacit threat to one's employment.

Just curious: If it was a company saying stumping for Obama, would you be so blase about it?

In August, The Huffington Post reported that Murray Energy Company allegedly forced hundreds of coal workers in Ohio to give up a day's worth of pay to attend a Romney campaign event. Also in August, Richard Lacks, CEO of Michigan-based Lacks Enterprises, allegedly urged his employees to vote for Romney and warned them in a letter that an Obama re-election could lead to "higher taxes and lower pay."

Coal miners at American Energy Corp. request Obama to stop lying and running false ads. The miners said Obamas campaign team is running ads filled with blatantly false statements about the miners regarding their participation in Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romneys August campaign stop at the Century Mine.

So.... if this is bad, I suppose it was OK for the Obama Administration to beg defense contractors to ignore the WARN act, and not issue layoff notices until AFTER the election?

What private employers do is their business. If there's a threat to their job from the government, employees deserve to know. Period.

We see MSNBC, Madonna, Oprah, Clooney etc. stumping, and it's pretty clear that Oprah, Madonna, etc. are employers who have let their employees know who they should support....

Private employers can do what they want within the law. Letting employees know what threats exist to their employment is a moral obligation.

funny, my local lodge sent out a news letter with an anti Romney ad on the back cover, they also tossed the race card on the table by calling him "the white man for the job", not to mention they spend my dues printing free Machinists for Obama t shirts.

so it's hard for me to see the issue of a private company sending out a letter.

funny, my local lodge sent out a news letter with an anti Romney ad on the back cover, they also tossed the race card on the table by calling him "the white man for the job", not to mention they spend my dues printing free Machinists for Obama t shirts.

so it's hard for me to see the issue of a private company sending out a letter.

'rat,
I'll agree to a point, but when you're a .....monsterous Contributer...it has a certain ODOR to it.
Again we're talking about peoples Jobs.
I don't see Steven Speilberg threatening anyones Job.

That's because Spielberg's livelyhood isn't being threatened.

Where's the outrage when Soros, Moore, Maher and other monster contributors have their bully pulpits?

I don't see where any employer has said "vote for XXX or you'll be fired."

Forecasting the consequences of a continuation of administration policy?

Entirely fair game. Not at all different from the "Romney wants to outlaw abortion" claims you still hear from some on the left.

Doesn't matter if it's true when one side does it, so why complain if the other guys use FUD?

On a similar note, you can thank "The Anointed One" for the below !

Turning full time jobs into part time jobs ! Thanks Barrack !

Wonder if these peeps would rather have a full-time job or ObamaCare ?

"Darden Restaurants makes more workers part-time to cut costs from Obamacare!"

"Darden Restaurants Inc. said it is testing the move in four markets across the country. The company is boosting the number of workers on part-time status, meaning they work less than 30 hours a week."

http://www.bizjournals.com/cincinnati/morning_call/2012/10/darden-restaurants-makes-more-workers.html

Darden is just the first major employer to go public. Others are already doing it.

http://money.cnn.com/2012/07/13/smallbusiness/health-care-employer/index.htm

It's one of the possible explanations for part-time hiring spiking in last month's disparaged unemployment numbers from the BLS...

More people working less hours. Trading jobs for pay didn't work out so well in the airlines, but now we're going to see it on a national scale. People who really need work will simply have to find two jobs which don't interfere with each other to get a full-time income...

Voting is private and your employer will not know how you voted in a national election so no matter what they say you can do what you want. If you vote for Oama and he is elected and your company is forced to do cutbacks because of government policy then your employer can say he warned you.

Darden is just the first major employer to go public. Others are already doing it.

http://money.cnn.com...loyer/index.htm

It's one of the possible explanations for part-time hiring spiking in last month's disparaged unemployment numbers from the BLS...

More people working less hours. Trading jobs for pay didn't work out so well in the airlines, but now we're going to see it on a national scale. People who really need work will simply have to find two jobs which don't interfere with each other to get a full-time income...

People cobbling together multiple part time jobs in order to get by has been happening for quite awhile now, E. Nothing new under the sun, unfortunately...

Voting is private and your employer will not know how you voted in a national election so no matter what they say you can do what you want. If you vote for Oama and he is elected and your company is forced to do cutbacks because of government policy then your employer can say he warned you.

That's nice, but it's not what I asked you...

I've seen a lot of questionable SH!T (politically) in my 67+ years, but this one is THE bottom of the ol' Barrel.

Threatening a persons JOB, when you HAVE the power to do it, is akin to Walmart shutting a half-dozen profitable stores, that happen to be in a strong union friendly state, when the possibility is a strong for a union drive.

BUT, EVEN Walmart (so far) hasn't stooped so LOW.

SO, without further adieu, I give you the COKE brothers at thier WORST !

http://www.huffingto..._n_1965366.html

A little added extra.

http://www.huffingto..._n_1963965.html

Thank God there is no political arm twisting in the federal government for supporting the fellow who signs your paychecks.

Latest posts

Back