SCRAPE - ING........the BOTTOM of the BARREL (politically)

Voting is private and your employer will not know how you voted in a national election so no matter what they say you can do what you want. If you vote for Oama and he is elected and your company is forced to do cutbacks because of government policy then your employer can say he warned you.
Unlike Unions, who want to know if you voted against them !

People cobbling together multiple part time jobs in order to get by has been happening for quite awhile now, E. Nothing new under the sun, unfortunately...

Being forced to cobble together multiple jobs, in order to get by, because of one single government policy (ObamaCare) "IS" new, unless you know of some other "Single" government policy that has forced employers to turn full-timers into part-timers !

Before Obamacare, you didn't even have to provide health insurance to full-timers unless it was required by the state...

Anyone want to bet how long it will be before we see unions pushing for mandatory Federal retirement benefits beyond what Social Security provides?...

I think there is a difference between someone standing up and saying "I support person x as opposed to someone standing up in front of their company and saying that if you vote for person x and he wins I might have to fire your ass. I believe both should be protected speech but there is a difference between the two examples.

Being forced to cobble together multiple jobs, in order to get by, because of one single government policy (ObamaCare) "IS" new, unless you know of some other "Single" government policy that has forced employers to turn full-timers into part-timers !

What's it like to be so oblivious to the world around you?

I think there is a difference between someone standing up and saying "I support person x as opposed to someone standing up in front of their company and saying that if you vote for person x and he wins I might have to fire your ass. I believe both should be protected speech but there is a difference between the two examples.

Ahhh, yes, were it that simple. The thing is that anytime your BOSS states their preferred, or not, candidate, they pretty much have sent...wait for it...signals! Anyone familiar with work politics(no connection) knows that office spies are around to dig, until they find your political(politics) beliefs doesn't agree with the BOSS.

The outcome isn't usually best for the ones whose BOSS said he supports person x.

What's it like to be so oblivious to the world around you?

What's it like to have no answer, so make a personal attack instead ?
I guess in the Democrats world, it's better to have 2 part timers work 4 hours a piece, to cover an 8 hour shift, that way we can count it as 2 jobs created, instead of one !

What's it like to have no answer, so make a personal attack instead ?
I guess in the Democrats world, it's better to have 2 part timers work 4 hours a piece, to cover an 8 hour shift, that way we can count it as 2 jobs created, instead of one !

That's what your employer does... and those 4 hr. guys get no medical. I'm glad you find it as off-putting as I do. You should march right over to the G.O. and demand they put a stop to that practice immediately...

That's what your employer does... and those 4 hr. guys get no medical. I'm glad you find it as off-putting as I do. You should march right over to the G.O. and demand they put a stop to that practice immediately...

Looking like its becoming SOP under this great HC plan you love.

Sorry Kev, I don't blame employers ! I blame the dude I'm voting against in Nov. !
Wonder who your voting for ?

Then your frustration is misdirected. That program has been in effect at your company for many more years than Obama has been in office.

Maybe instead of blaming the wrong person, you can walk over and try to affect change. You know, using your "direct relationship" and all...

Latest posts

Back