Sea-tac's Wakeup Call

HAHAH
lol, you guys are funny
i personally dont work for US, im only 16, my dad is the one that works for us airways
at the time after he got layed off from lockheed (c-5 galaxy, dobbins AFB, marietta, GA)
he had went to every airline, UA, DL, AA etc, then he went to US, US had the higest pay out of any other airline at that time, and was a airline that was growing, kinda like what soutwest is doing now, and by the way, US ppl are very hard working ppl, they have been trough alot, but i hope times get better, and i appreciate all you well wishers to the upcoming merger, i appreciate it, and i will also want to appologize if i have any way offended the WN ppl, but , i really think SEA-TAC could reach a agreement, im going to SEA from CLT on sunday, on a US A321, i havent flown on US for a while now, so ill see how it is, i know that the A321s are long planes, and really good, despite being narrow-body
ill check out first-hand wat happening at SEA, ive never been there beofre, so first time
once again
sorry, and thanks

A330US said:
finally
something good hit swa, thats what cheap wal mart airlines get !
[post="287405"][/post]​

To get your message across clearly, you may want to stop, and think, before you type.

You are comparing us to Wal-Mart, please elaborate on your argument. Surely, you must have a valid basis for your assertion.

In addition, here’s a suggestion, in this kind of forum, (written) grammar is a very important way of communicating your thoughts. If you want to be taken seriously, please construct your thoughts in a manner that can be clearly understood by your audience i.e. other readers.

If you write your thoughts in a sophomoric manner, your are going to be perceived as sophomoric.

Now with that being said, there is no question that I am sophomoric. I just clearly state it for the world to see.

walmart = cheap prices
SWA = cheap, and a very frustrating airline

no offense to the SWA mechs etc, but i watch airline all the time, it really show that only 1 out of the 10 passengers they show is happy
and the rest are always mad, ticked off, etc
so what do you say ?

A330US said:
walmart = cheap prices

no offense to the SWA mechs etc, but i watch airline all the time, it really show that only 1 out of the 10 passengers they show is happy
so what do you say ?
[post="290059"][/post]​
If only one out of 10 passengers is happy, then how is it that Southwest carries more domestic passengers than any other airline. It's market capitalization is greater than all the rest of U.S airlines combined. Must be doing something right.

A330US said:
walmart = cheap prices

so what do you say ?
[post="290059"][/post]​

I say, "Are you kidding???" :blink:

Disclaimer: "Airline" drives me crazy, so I largely choose to NOT watch it. I would never think to act as most passengers are protrayed.

"Airline", like any other show on television, is designed to entertain, showing only the worst (or best) of any situation. The daily reality of Southwest Airlines is much more mundane, on-time flights, kids w/coloring books, bags making it to their proper destination.

I'd also point out that 90% of the problems on "Airline" involve alcohol consumption on the part of the consumer, which runs into Federal problems.

IMHO, basing a full opinion of anything, on what is shown on television program, is rather short-sighted.

A330US said:
walmart = cheap prices

so what do you say ?
[post="290059"][/post]​
Please don't confuse being innovative as “cheapâ€￾.

I am going to give you one example of innovation that I saw first hand.

In 1994 we had taken over Morris Air operations in Salt Lake City. The last flight we had to St Louis every night left just about empty. I know, because I worked in our baggage make up area we here call “Tâ€￾ point. This happened for weeks, very little baggage each night for this flight, and one night no baggage at all.

Southwest had just become a sponsor for Monday Night Football and began to promote it by offering 25$ fares anywhere (the reason I think 25 bucks was because Monday night football was 25 years old) after the game started. When this happened, that St Louis flight became the nightmare of the night. It was packed; we filled several carts with bags.

It wasn’t just the St Louis flight; all flights after 7pm MST when the game started were just about full. The reason I remember the St Louis flight is it became a nightmare every night. Once people found out about it existed, they used it.

This was a testament to our Marketing Department. They combined our new sponsorship with a sale that helped people fly us, as well as getting to know us. There are other examples, I have seen, but this is the most memorable for me.

Southwest uses its resources efficiently, and its employees are regarded as assets to the company not liabilities.

I will use my classification as an example; currently we have 155 stock clerks that support around 425 aircraft and 1,300 plus mechanics system wide.

You may not see us upstairs, but we supply the parts for Maintenance. When the planes need them. For some reason if we miss something and the part is not on our shelf more than likely you will either wait until its fixed, or change aircraft. Mechanics will continually come in during the day using needed parts for safety or passenger convenience unseen or even known by the passengers.

We are responsible for Stores and Line stations in OAK, LAX, LAS, MDW, PHX, DAL, TPA, MCO, BNA, and my station BWI.

We receive, ship, manage, and ensure that all aircraft parts inventory meet FAA requirements. We order, track and receive all RON planning items each day.

We train Annually according to 49CFR regulations because it’s our work group that is responsible for ALL hazardous shipments when it comes to aircraft parts.

I could go on but I think I have stated my point.

Now, using US Airways as an example they laid off 95 Stock clerks in PIT alone. Now 95 clerks are just about two-thirds of our work force system wide. More than likely that's because US Airways fly’s several different styles of aircraft where you would need more people to support it that kind of supply system. We would never need that many because we fly one fleet and most parts are used on the majority of our fleet.

Finally, unlike Wal-Mart we are unionized (Teamsters), we have good health care, and they pay us a living wage.

Nice examples, wnbubbleboy. As a WN pilot, let me thank you for the job you folks do on the maintenance side of the house. I have NEVER worked at a company that takes care of aircraft discrepancies so quickly. You and your fellow wrench turners/clerks are a source of pride for the company! :up: :up: :up:

corl737 said:
Nice examples, wnbubbleboy. As a WN pilot, let me thank you for the job you folks do on the maintenance side of the house. I have NEVER worked at a company that takes care of aircraft discrepancies so quickly. You and your fellow wrench turners/clerks are a source of pride for the company! :up:  :up:  :up:
[post="290139"][/post]​

Thank you sir.

I doubt you ever see me, unless your headset breaks, but I'm easy to spot just look for the fat guy carrying the AOG Parts box.

A330US said:
i only wanted to see how ppl feel about the comparison, and also this move for WN will cost more money than they are paying at SEA, they will have to build a new terminal,
isnt gonna cost anywhere less than $500 mill, so why change to another airport ?
and also you know that PHL and CLT are good hubs,, they dont negatively impact the system at all, also just because A330 doesnt fly anywhere where WN does, that doesnt matter, they are all the same seats that are on every other US aircraft
so think about it
[post="287725"][/post]​
A330us,we will see ya at the unemployment line,when us air and america west both go down together,I will hire you to remodel my bathroom :unsure:

tornyhoad said:
A330us,we will see ya at the unemployment line,when us air and america west both go down together,I will hire you to remodel my bathroom :unsure:
[post="298606"][/post]​

You might want to hire someone with a little more experience. While I'm sure A33US could find your bathroom, I doubt he could remodel it. From an earlier post he said "i personally dont work for US, im only 16".

Let's hope that none of us have to make it to the unemployment line. I wish the new US Airways well ... just not too well!

A330US said:
if you watch A and E's AIRLINE show, youll know how cheap, trashy and frustrating southwest is !
[post="287678"][/post]​

Do you also think that just because a few thugs are shown on an epidode Of "Cops" then that makes everyone in that city a thug?

People like A330US are burning inside with jealousy and envy yet are filled with too much ego to acknowledge reality. There is no doubt he doesn't represent USAirways employess and there is a good chance he isn't one. The former USAirways pilots, flight attendants, and customer service agents who are now working at SWA have all told me that working at SWA is like a breath of fresh air compared to where they were working.