Security Issue in PHL

Art at ISP

Veteran
Aug 20, 2002
Dix Hills NY
Fox News is reporting a BDA bound US flight has been grounded, passengers taken off and the aircraft is being searched--apparently one of the loaders didn't have ID....

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/10/07/airways-flight-halted-philadelphia-security-issue/?test=latestnews

Are we erring on the side of caution or is this a little overboard--especially if the individual can easily be identified....

Just wonderin.....

However, it is being reported live on CNN that the individual left the area when confronted by the other two baggage handlers and has not been found. Even if employee lost his badge, he should have reported it immediately. No one is allowed in the SIDA without proper identification. Is there anyone who doesn't know that these days?

If it turns out that the individual is not an employee, there's gonna be major problems for the employees at PHL getting through security to go to work. Just think about how TSA has over-reacted in the past to security breaches.

Fox News is reporting a BDA bound US flight has been grounded, passengers taken off and the aircraft is being searched--apparently one of the loaders didn't have ID....

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/10/07/airways-flight-halted-philadelphia-security-issue/?test=latestnews

Are we erring on the side of caution or is this a little overboard--especially if the individual can easily be identified....

Just wonderin.....

We should always err on the side of caution.

I don't see what choice the ramp agents had about reporting the incident. Doesn't anyone else think is is suspicious that an agent without proper id, that no one recognized, just drove up to the plane and started to load luggage on it? If that wasn't questionable enough, the way he drove away suddenly, when questioned by the ramp workers that were scheduled to work the flight, sure is!

If something bad happened to that plane, who do you think would be responsible for not reporting something suspicious? That is a big part of airline jobs, especially in this day and age. Sad times with all the terrorists in this world.

I agree those two agents are to be commended for doing their jobs and protecting what could have been bad. question is why would someone drve away so fast and not get caught

Doesn't anyone else think is is suspicious that an agent without proper id, that no one recognized, just drove up to the plane and started to load luggage on it?

I agree those two agents are to be commended for doing their jobs and protecting what could have been bad.

Did you miss the part in my previous post where the FBI stated the ramper had the proper credentials to be where he was? :blink:

Did you miss the part in my previous post where the FBI stated the ramper had the proper credentials to be where he was? :blink:
Something set off a red flag for this to be reported. I support it being reported even if it was just a gut feeling. We cannot put a damper on people and make them second guess themselves, if you honestly feel something isn't right then report it.

yes I did read that part but as someone else mentioned no id then question why is that person out on sida area without id badge? and who is to say just bc he had credential to be on the airfield that he could be looking for holes in the system

Also, Could have the Person had a SIDA Badge ,but FAILED to have the US Customs Holigram ??????????

Back