SFO ON BOARD MANAGER

AIRBORN1

Advanced
Feb 8, 2006
ANY COMMENTS>
How Interesting... The heat is starting at United

While San Francisco Flight Attendant Kevin McEvoy, who is also purser qualified, was participating in a briefing prior to an international flight, Senior Vice President of Airport Operations Scott Dolan and SFO Domicile Manager Peter Haralabopoulos stepped into the briefing room to address the crew. Mr. Dolan explained that management is “aware of customer dissatisfaction†and proceeded to talk about management’s plans to improve the customer experience. Kevin McEvoy spoke up stating, “All of these things are well and fine, but they won’t mean anything if you can’t engage the employees.†He explained that management could easily do this by responding to the advocacy of the employees on issues such as Reciprocal Cabin Seat Agreements. And, he continued by stating that nothing will change unless management follows through on its promise to ensure employees share in the success of the airline. The conversation naturally turned to the poor performance of the airline coupled with excessive executive compensation. At this point, Mr. Dolan stated that the performance of our airline has nothing to do with executive compensation, but rather with the fact that United doesn’t have any North/South feed. Kevin straightened up and stated in a very calm yet strong voice, “Mr. Dolan, you don’t get to talk to me about North/South feed. This management made the decision to close Miami and pull out of that market. United left Miami and turned it over to our competition. And that’s just one example. How do you expect to have service if you won’t compete?â€

Was Miami a mistake closing??? I think so.....

Miami was a big mistake! Its about time employees faced down management about the effects of executive compensation and the windfall profits lining the pockets of senior management. Its obscene that this is allowed. More employees should face down senior management and the BOD for their actions. They are destroying the airline. Restructuring the airline by lowering wages, eliminating jobs in order to line the pockets of senior management is OUTRAGEOUS! The problem is nobody does anything about it and allows it to happen. I am sure there are laws out there that should have prevented this, but no one knows how to find them at the low wage levels.

Was Miami a mistake closing??? I think so.....
UA never seemed to push MIA. I mean market it with the routes to carribean and SA. It was like they started it but never heard much publicity on it. AA was a force but they weren't as entrenched as they are now. I won't say closing MIA was a mistake nor will I say it was the right thing, just lack of advertising. If they did advertise it was not that very well marketed.

And speaking of SFO, they are still the Pacific Gateway or is LAX? It would be nice to offer passengers a free stop over in SF when traveling overseas. I believe that would generate some additional revenue there. People that live in other cities could spend some money there along the way. It would be neat if they did that all their gateways, it really wouldn't cost them nothing and could generate some extra revenue. Some one traveling Denver to Paris that connects in IAD, they may spend a day or two there. I know it would be minimal, but it is not really spending alot of cash on that.

UA never seemed to push MIA. I mean market it with the routes to carribean and SA. It was like they started it but never heard much publicity on it. AA was a force but they weren't as entrenched as they are now. I won't say closing MIA was a mistake nor will I say it was the right thing, just lack of advertising. If they did advertise it was not that very well marketed.

And speaking of SFO, they are still the Pacific Gateway or is LAX? It would be nice to offer passengers a free stop over in SF when traveling overseas. I believe that would generate some additional revenue there. People that live in other cities could spend some money there along the way. It would be neat if they did that all their gateways, it really wouldn't cost them nothing and could generate some extra revenue. Some one traveling Denver to Paris that connects in IAD, they may spend a day or two there. I know it would be minimal, but it is not really spending alot of cash on that.

News today relates United now entering codeshare with TAM Brazilian airlines. I thought AA was lined up with TAM? Maybe TAM is leaving AA for United now. SOunds like we need MIami back now to connect with TAM again. United could still always go back into Miami and go head to head wtih AA if this company wanted it.

News today relates United now entering codeshare with TAM Brazilian airlines. I thought AA was lined up with TAM? Maybe TAM is leaving AA for United now. SOunds like we need MIami back now to connect with TAM again. United could still always go back into Miami and go head to head wtih AA if this company wanted it.
UA just have to market MIA better. South Florida could be a boom if UA were to do it right. I remember when they started MIA, they had a PHL flight, but there were no ads or anything while AA had ads visable.

Doesn't TAM fly into IAD? I thought that would be a connector.

Latest posts