Shuttle Flying, Bankruptcy Financing, & Gecas

USA32Pilot said: "Do not be surprised if the Shuttle obtains EMB-170 (aircraft)".

700UW responded: "Come February the Shuttle will be ALL Airbus."

700UW ..............Have you checked the LGA / DCA Schedule in Sabre starting Feb 12th?

Note that the E170 & B737 on Shuttle routes is for Saturday only, when loads are much less.

Also of note is that flight 2171 LGA-DCA returns to a 9PM departure, not 5:30PM. LGA-BOS also reclaims its 9PM departure as well. These flights were eliminated from the Shuttle a long time ago.

700UW better get used to being wrong about a lot of things.
This is just another example of a smart change, Hopefully many more to come.

USA320Pilot said:
LGA / 037:

In addition to the Saturday flights, there will be more EMB-170 flying added to the Shuttle.

Regards,

USA320Pilot
[post="226878"][/post]​

I don't see the EMB170 as a bad thing at all. From a customer standpoint I have heard great things. Infact, my sister just flew from MCI-CLT on it and though it was a wonderful aircraft....and my sister is hard to please. She said there was lots of room, comfy, amd her bag fit in the overhead. I have been on that airplane and was impressed. Hum...funny how I flew the F28 18 years ago, which was smaller, and now I would have to go back to the same pay to fly this plane that is in the same certificate.........The things that make you go HUM. :unsure:

I was not wrong.

The company in a powerpoint presentation informed all the manager the shuttle in February would be all Airbus.

And I have a copy of the presentation on paper from the company where it states the shuttle will be all airbus.

Now that 10 airbii are being returned to GE, it is forcing a revamp of the schedule.

ISP said:
Note that the E170 & B737 on Shuttle routes is for Saturday only, when loads are much less.

Also of note is that flight 2171 LGA-DCA returns to a 9PM departure, not 5:30PM. LGA-BOS also reclaims its 9PM departure as well. These flights were eliminated from the Shuttle a long time ago.
[post="226845"][/post]​

The 8 and 9pm Shuttles should be both EMB170's with the exception of Sunday night where the yield isnt as high, but the load factor is always at least 90%

Hope777 said:
1st, the F28-1000 was slighty smaller but was a heavier bird.
[post="226905"][/post]​

And flown like a fighter jet. :lol: :lol:

I remember more messes on that airplane when we were descending. Gee, do I miss saying "Watcher head" 55 times. :lol: :lol:

There are quite a few people making connections through LGA and DCA in the evening too, on top of the normal shuttle traffic. I've got several FLL/BOS trips booked through both..beats PHL connections..

LGA Customer Service Training Supervisor Ann Mackay sent a Lotus note to all CSA's and said, "Please review yesterday's customer service briefing: N*CSBRF 09DEC. Customer service door opening procedures are explained here. We will be training in LGA for this in January - first EMB-170 is in our schedule begininning Feb. 6 - 5 pm to DCA - Saturday's - Shuttle flight."

Regards,

USA320Pilot