Siegel Should "step Aside"

The IAM represents more then just Air Transport, Buffenbarger runs the whole union, not just 6,000 members at US Airways, you asked a question about the concessions and I provided you with the answers, he does not directly represent us, the district does, the district leadership stepped up, is that not good enough for you?

Why should Buffenbarger take cuts when the IAM represents hundreds of profitable companies? We represent WN, and they are the highest paid in the industry upon top out, maybe he should get a raise then?

There are 637,000 current and retired members of the IAM, he made $190,000 and davey boy, is the ceo of 27,000 and he made $3.8 million, hmm, who gets the better bang for the buck?

I think you need to vent your frustrations at dave and not the IAM.

I agree with some of your post bob , however im not sure we have time at all to train a new ceo. Regardless of the ceo, the industry is the way it is. I think all you need to do is to look at Deltas recent announcement it will consider bk if need be. Daves choice are not popular by no stretch of the imagination, however the moves he is making in my view, are on target. Ou problems deep and embedded go way way back. The one theing i blame dave for is not cutting deeper during our visit to BK. At this point its obvious to me , from a union member standpoint, is it wouldnt matter now in hindsite how much he cut. The same people would be saying the same things. I dont see Dave as arrogant, however I can see from a customers standpoint where u might, ie. fare simplification. He isnt God, nor is any ceo. He made some calls that may have been wrong, however believe me when i say although our employees are pissed, there still is faith in dave. A ceertain few on here and we all know who they are will rebutt that with their normal rants, however Bronner has Dave here for a reason even after everything has happen. He is a buisness man and his record shows that. If he thought he was not a capablt leader any more I feel like he would chop him. We cant afford too many more mis steps , if any. We have to stay the course that fate has brought us or in this case what past practice has laid at our door step. Im a member of AFA and I can honestly say our unions are helpless now and have very little say so where we go next.

usfliboi,
I've worked in two stations in the last nine months and I talk to friends in a number of other stations including all three hubs. I can count on one hand the number of employees who have a lick of faith that Siegel has a clue. Do you really believe if we gave him everything he was asking for AGAIN that one year from now Herb Kelleher or Gordon Bethune would be standing in front of their employees crying "US Airways is coming to kill us." I don't. His plan is not to make us a Low Cost Carrier, it's to make us the Lowest Cost Carrier. Beyond that,there is no plan.

Mike W said:
usfliboi,
I've worked in two stations in the last nine months and I talk to friends in a number of other stations including all three hubs. I can count on one hand the number of employees who have a lick of faith that Siegel has a clue. Do you really believe if we gave him everything he was asking for AGAIN that one year from now Herb Kelleher or Gordon Bethune would be standing in front of their employees crying "US Airways is coming to kill us." I don't. His plan is not to make us a Low Cost Carrier, it's to make us the Lowest Cost Carrier. Beyond that,there is no plan.
USFLIBOI just wants to lop off a few more junior guys to save his butt. He doesn't care that this management team will likely just fritter away anything that anybody gives them at this point. It's about COMPETENCE, not just money!

Latest posts