Something nice to say...

The BOS Pops are long time regular Charter Customers of US and even though I understand DL is a major corporate sponsor they can't afford to use DL for Charters due to the big differance in price between DL and US. They are also very Happy Customers of US.

The WW2 Vets Charters sounds like a great thing, there was a Doug Parker column in the US magazine about these a few months ago.

Songbirdstew thanks for posting this and just curious what aircraft type you worked that day ?

Cheers

LGA777
We were on an A320. Our charter coordinator was a shift mgr. from CMH...he was working on his VAC days. His dad was a WWII vet who took the trip earlier this year so the cause is near and dear to his heart.....BTW, forgot to add that our youngest vet was 78, which meant that he had lied to get in to the service to go fight...our oldest was 94. In addition, I rec'd 5-6 marriage proposals that day too !!!!

We were on an A320. Our charter coordinator was a shift mgr. from CMH...he was working on his VAC days. His dad was a WWII vet who took the trip earlier this year so the cause is near and dear to his heart.....BTW, forgot to add that our youngest vet was 78, which meant that he had lied to get in to the service to go fight...our oldest was 94. In addition, I rec'd 5-6 marriage proposals that day too !!!!
i know that shift manager...he is a good guy...i wish i could get one of these flights...they are eye openers for sure....

Hey Songbird, I bet the proposals were to you, weren't they?!! :up:

What an endearing post. Thank You. I had the privelage to work a flight with all WWII veterans, and it was one of the best flights ever. Gracious, wonderful storytellers with great pride! Thanks to all of men and women in uniform. Cheers! :) :)

A lovely tribute can be found here: National Museum of Military History

It's at the top of the page on the left.

Below are two photo of the reenactment of the Saur River Crossing that led to the liberation of Diekirch, Luxembourg.

The citizens of Western Belgium and Luxembourg have group upon group of re enactors. Just like the folks who re enact Washington's Crossing of the Delaware so too do the citizens of Belgium & Luxembourg. Their attention to detail and historical accuracy is amazing. The Hamm Cemetary where General Patton is buried along with 5,200 plus members of the Third Army Corp. is as lovingly maintained as if they were soveriegn citizens of the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg.

The boats were of wood, the men who crossed in them were of iron.
Thanks Piney, very nice website. Sad, and trying, to get thru it.. :(

Kudos to USAirways. Finally did something right for a change. To those who work these charters.....Thank You!! We owe that generation our respect and gratitude. It's the least we can do.

But the leftover food is pretty good.

Who remembers Charter Connie in PIT?

The dear, sweet "do me"
flight attendant. A true "athletic supporter",

=======F L A S H==========
U U

Anybody remember the article about her in The Enquirer?

“My date with a Vampire!â€￾

There were Xerox copies all over the PIT crew room in the old terminal.
On one of my last trips prior to getting furloughed (during Gulf War) she tried to turn a gay guy straight!

LOLOLOL..... :lol:

Didn't work!