KUDOS to US Customer Relations

trvlr64

Veteran
Aug 20, 2002
FLL
www.usaviation.com
:up:

I want to share with everyone a nice and unwarranted surprise I received in the mail today. A "personal letter" from Samantha Chappell from Customer Relations.

A preface to why I received this letter.....On June 25th I was trying to get from PIT to PVD. Because of the horrible summer storms we had early this summer, June 25th will remain in my memory as a day from travel hell. No blame on US or any of it's front line staff....I completely blame the weather. OK, I will snear at the FAA for it's foolish ground stopage to slow down the amount of traffic but I've learned to live with that newest hiccup in travel.

Anyway......on June 25th there was no getting to PVD, BOS, LGA or anywhere in the northeast that day. With the help of the wonderful ladies in the PIT USAirways Club (you know who you are), I was juggled around between multiple flights that day in the hopes of getting to my destination but in the end I gave up and went home after being in the airport for 12 plus hours. Only to try again on Monday, June 26th. Which also resulted in being bounced around because of weather delays and aircraft that was supposed to be in PIT but was still in DCA for unknown reasons.

After finally arriving at my destination for work I emailed US CR just to say THANKS & give an ABOVE & BEYOND for all the help that those ladies in the PIT US Club had given me. I mentioned their names and said I know they say they were only doing their job but without their help I would have not been able to finally get to work.

Now, almost 8 weeks later I get this personal letter (not canned at all) from US CR saying "thanks to me for taking the time to contact US about this positive experience". And each person that I mentioned in my email will get a copy of my email placed in their file.

:up: :up:

It has been said many times by those of us that fly US, that we wouldn't be here if it wasn't for the front line people. I don't throw around my US1 status and I don't ask for anything out of the norm. It's just nice to know that I am taken care of because I'm nice to those people that take care of me when I fly. Yes; we (the elites), do have a tendency to b1tch and moan. But we also know the rules and what is the norm. And when that varies beyond the expected it kind of raises our dander.

So again......thanks for taking good care of me when I fly.

Thanx for posting this. It really is motivational to hear not so much that Customer Relations responded but that you appreciate all those that helped. Not everyone writes an appreciation letter as more write to complain. (In most circumstances, they have every right to their complaint.) Thank you for taking the time from your busy schedule to acknowledege these employees, Im sure they appreciate it.

I sent out five letters of appreciation in June and received NO acknowledgement. It makes me wonder if the FA's sometimes don't get credit for the letters. I did submit them over the website, so maybe that is the problem since the thing is a piece of crap.

I am glad that they replied.

One big thing I miss about the old US.... I could fill out those little comment cards in the magazine with a nice comment about the flight attendants or a gate agent or anybody and mail them in... and no more than 2 weeks later I'd get a written reply or many times a phone call in response.

I wrote several compliment letters to US in May and have yet to receive a reply.

I was actually going to resubmit them because I don't think they got credit and that sucks.
I personally sent in 4 comment cards from passengers and NEVER heard anything. Now get a bad letter and see how fast it makes it back to ya. Not that I get any of those. Well, ok I did get one last year but was so funny my supervisor and I both cracked up over what the passenger quoted me as saying.

Well, ok I did get one last year but was so funny my supervisor and I both cracked up over what the passenger quoted me as saying.

Oh Lord, your supervisor bought that "now would I say something like that" excuse?????

It annoys me because if I take the time to write in, it is for a good reason. UA acknowledges receipt of all website "good letters" immediately and I received a personalized response by email in less than 24 hours thanking me for my buisness and for taking the time to commend the two employees I wrote about.

Well, I did get two letters today acknowledging my comments of praise for two flight attendants. They were "canned" letters--identical in every way except for the name of the flight attendant and the person who signed them. At least the FA will get a good note in their respective files.

Well, I did get two letters today acknowledging my comments of praise for two flight attendants. They were "canned" letters--identical in every way except for the name of the flight attendant and the person who signed them. At least the FA will get a good note in their respective files.

Do you feel better now? :p

:D

Flame away, but there was no acknowledgement that I am a US1. When UA responded, they acknowledged the types of fares I purchase and the fact that I am Chairmans on US and Premier Exec on UA.

My favorite “letterâ€￾ was scribbled in Magic Marker on the back of a briefing card and mailed to CCY. The PAX just enjoyed his flight is all we could make of it.

But hey, ever one counts and helps offset all the nasty ones!

how many do you need to get an extra day off? has anyone figured that out? I happened to have the same FA on 2 flights in two consecutive weeks...i sent in 2 letters for her...i was also on a flight with 5 people recently and we all sent in letters--anything to help a great FA get an extra day off.

Trvlr64....I know what you mean about the PIT USAirways Club ladies....they ALWAYS go above and beyond, and they are ALWAYS very pleasant and welcoming! :up: