Something The Fed's Obviously Understand

Decision 2004

Veteran
Mar 12, 2004
Given the response from the Fed's over the USAir and ComAir problems this weekend, one would have surmise that a nerve has been struck and they appear interested in what happened and why.

I guess it would be too obvious for them to calculate that airline workers are not going to work for peanuts and still remain dependable and safe.

Reuters
US Orders Probe of Air Travel Troubles
Monday December 27, 4:35 pm ET

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. Transportation Secretary Norman Mineta said on Monday he was launching a probe of air travel disruptions over the Christmas holiday weekend at US Airways Group Inc. and Delta Air Line Inc.'s regional carrier Comair.
"It is important that the Department and the traveling public understand what happened, why it happened, and whether the carriers properly planned for the holiday travel period and responded appropriately to consumer needs in the aftermath," Mineta said in a statement.

Oh My Gosh, the Government is going to investigate this matter! :shock:

Any bets on if they expose the truth or not after they investigate the matter?

Decision 2004 said:
Given the response from the Fed's over the USAir and ComAir problems this weekend, one would have surmise that a nerve has been struck and they appear interested in what happened and why.

I guess it would be too obvious for them to calculate that airline workers are not going to work for peanuts and still remain dependable and safe.
Oh My Gosh, the Government is going to investigate this matter! :shock:

Any bets on if they expose the truth or not after they investigate the matter?
[post="232372"][/post]​

During the first "Siege" at JFK the company was telling the press that they were experiencing delays because of weather, while things may have been "stormy" it wasnt the weather.

I wondered why nobody in the press ever questioned it when only one airline reported that it was suffering extensive delays because of "weather"?

When I consider how morale was at that time, and compare it to what it is today, it seems that its only a matter of time before we see what happened then, and what appears to be happening at USAIR, happen all across the industry. Who knows maybe the flight attendants will be the spark that sets the whole thing off?
Sad part is that our own unions will not be leading it, but they will be behind us, with a knife headed right towards our backs.

Hey MR. MINETA, what are you gonna do when 2/3's of airline are shut down because the employees quit (Notice,I didn't say strike),because they can make more money and have better benefits at WALMART? Are you gonna get George W. to pass an executive order making it illegal to quit an airline? Do you really think you can get enough "scabs" at below minimum wage to staff these aircarriers? How many millions of our tax dollars are you gonna waste "investigating" airline workers?

PRINCESS KIDAGAKASH said:
Hey MR. MINETA, what are you gonna do when 2/3's of airline are shut down because the employees quit (Notice,I didn't say strike),because they can make more money and have better benefits at WALMART? Are you gonna get George W. to pass an executive order making it illegal to quit an airline? Do you really think you can get enough "scabs" at below minimum wage to staff these aircarriers? How many millions of our tax dollars are you gonna waste "investigating" airline workers?
[post="232406"][/post]​

It would appear that you get what you pay for.

Buck said:
It would appear that you get what you pay for.
[post="232513"][/post]​

The people who fly chapter 11 airlines for the CHEAP seats got the service they payed for!

If they don't like the service thay can take their cheap ass to Jet Blue or Spirit.

So big deal the feds are going to look into it :lol: :lol:

And then what.....

I will tell you what NOTHING

The above post is correct you want to fly for 100 dollars well you get what you pay for. Three days in an airport :lol:

The flying public who pays my salary gets no sympathy from me. BOO Hoo Haa Haa :lol: :up:

Back