Transportation Executive Orders Airline Probe

DCAflyer

Veteran
Aug 27, 2002
PHILADELPHIA - The nation’s top transportation official ordered an investigation of two airlines that canceled hundreds of flights over the holiday weekend because of computer and staffing problems, stranding thousands of travelers.

U.S. Transportation Secretary Norman Mineta asked the agency’s inspector general to investigate the difficulties at US Airways and Delta subsidiary Comair, which had to ground 1,100 flights on Saturday because of a computer problem.

Read Story Here

From the article:

Alarm bells about a looming staffing crisis in Philadelphia apparently began sounding at least five days before Christmas and two days before snow began causing flight disruptions in Indiana and Ohio.

“I would not fly through (Philadelphia) this weekend,â€￾ one Internet poster warned on Dec. 20 in a forum frequented by airline employees on the Web site USaviation.com.

The writer warned that a wave of US Airways baggage handlers were likely to skip work over the holidays, either because they were upset with the struggling company’s latest proposals to trim pay and benefits, or because they were planning to retire and were using up spare sick days.

I would not be surprised if the owners of USaviation receive a subpoena for the IP address of the poster. Hate to say it, be careful what you post on here or there could be a knock on your door by men in black.

whlinder said:
Damn.

Who posted the ominous warning?
[post="232732"][/post]​

Someone called hack73. Topic was Phl Staffing. Posted on 12/20.

hack73 Dec 20 2004, 04:44 PM Post #1

Group: Founders Club
Member No.: 1,663

I would not fly through PHl this weekend.There are about 50 guys retiring at the end of the year on the ramp,plus with the joke of an offer that's going to be presented to the rank and file,there should be alot of employees spending Christmas at home instead of on the ramp.Plus on a normal operational day,they are about 40 agents short.Thanks for the great staffing Al Crellin.

EyeInTheSky said:
I would not be surprised if the owners of USaviation receive a subpoena for the IP address of the poster. Hate to say it, be careful what you post on here or there could be a knock on your door by men in black.
[post="232736"][/post]​

Well personally I don't care if the wear red, blue, green or purple, my name is Curt and the owners of this web site and lots of other people know who I am. I still say management should be held accountable and hung for they way they treat employees and are ruining a once great place to work!

Curt Ex Mechanic EX Cavalier

I hope they get IP adresses... they can start with Dell dude, since he said he did and will again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FIRE THEM!!!!!!!

deano said:
Well personally I don't care if the wear red, blue, green or purple, my name is Curt and the owners of this web site and lots of other people know who I am. I still say management should be held accountable and hung for they way they treat employees and are ruining a once great place to work!

Curt Ex Mechanic EX Cavalier
[post="232772"][/post]​
So Curt

Let me see if I have this right. You can get banned for life, but if you are willing to pay the monthly fee, you can torment us as long as you pay to play.

If that is the case, we are never going to get rid of 700. :p

Delta (Comair) failure contributed to baggage problems at US Airways. Delta cancelled 3000 flights over the Christmas holiday, most of them over lapped with US Airways. Thousands of Delta passengers were rebooked on US Airways flights. Many of US Airways flights were suddenly slam full. Many of these flights were RJ equipment. All of us know that an RJ booked to 50 barely holds the luggage for the people on that flight and there is no room for expedites. If expedited luggage is loaded some of the luggage that belongs on that flight waits, compounding the situation.

usfliboi said:
I hope they get IP adresses... they can start with Dell dude, since he said he did and will again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FIRE THEM!!!!!!!
[post="232773"][/post]​
Would you care to buy some beach front property in Arizona?

If you ever take the time to read and comprehend, you would know delldude is a mechanic in PIT.

He does not work the ramp in PHL.

Back away from the keyboard and take a deep breath and count to 10.

longing4piedmont said:
So Curt

Let me see if I have this right. You can get banned for life, but if you are willing to pay the monthly fee, you can torment us as long as you pay to play.

If that is the case, we are never going to get rid of 700. :p
[post="232776"][/post]​
Actually that is true... Scott the MOD man did warn me "once" since I resurrected as deano about outing and not following rules. I have been a good boy since simply expressing my opinions and pay the fee and here I am.

So yes...700uw will live into eternity.

Curt

BillLumbergh said:
Heh heh...
[post="232767"][/post]​

Am I on to something Bill? :) FWIW, IP addresses tracked down the muderer of the woman whose baby was cut out of her.

N.C. woman's tip helps lead to suspect

By MATT SEDENSKY, Associated Press Writer

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- In the end, it wasn't a fingerprint or a blood spatter that led authorities to the woman suspected of strangling a mother-to-be and cutting the baby from her womb.
It was an 11-digit computer code.

A tip from a North Carolina dog breeder also helped investigators.

Police zeroed in on Lisa Montgomery in the most 21st century of ways, by trolling computer records, examining online message boards and - most important - tracing an IP address, 65.150.168.223, to a computer at her Melvern, Kan., home.

.................. read the rest here
http://newsobserver.com/news/ncwire_news/s...p-8311715c.html

. .. I have been a good boy since simply expressing my opinions and pay the fee and here I am.

Well, paying your fees and expressing your opinion maybe, but being a good boy, well, that might be exagerating a little bit. :up:

ONCE again you jump the gun , for the sake of just jumping! On another threade dell dude said he called in sick this past weekend, and will do it again this coming weekend and will do it on all holidays. I was referring to that , not where he works. Your apology is accepted