Southwest Airlines Now Hiring 650 Customer Service Representatives

700UW

Corn Field
Nov 11, 2003
NC
DALLAS, July 10, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Southwest Airlines® (LUV) is on a mission to hire an additional 650 Customer Service Representatives at call centers in Albuquerque, N.M.; Phoenix; and San Antonio. Southwest Airlines Customer Service Representatives provide the legendary Customer Service Southwest Airlines is known for while resolving Customer concerns, providing information, and assisting with reservations.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/southwest-airlines-now-hiring-650-170000555.html?soc_src=mediacontentsharebuttons&soc_trk=fb&fb_ref=Default

Hi Sharon.  Do you remember how long ago they laid off and got rid of all those CS?  Hiring 650 tells me the reduction done few years ago was wrong.  They must of been running super thin and I bet the customer results were reflected by it and they finally adjusted to get better customer feed back.  What is scary is how big this company is getting.  The media as well as the stock market treats us and our stock as a legacy carrier now days.  Good hearing from you...

swamt said:
Hi Sharon.  Do you remember how long ago they laid off and got rid of all those CS?  Hiring 650 tells me the reduction done few years ago was wrong.  They must of been running super thin and I bet the customer results were reflected by it and they finally adjusted to get better customer feed back.  What is scary is how big this company is getting.  The media as well as the stock market treats us and our stock as a legacy carrier now days.  Good hearing from you...

Thanks swamt... If I remember correctly in 2004 the Company consolidated 9 res centers into 6. 
The ones closed were Dallas (that was a shocker), Salt Lake City and Little Rock. The Employees were
given options to either transfer to the other res centers or somewhere else within the Company
where there were openings. Another was to take a severance package. As I understood it, quite a few
transferred. And then if you remember, the Company offered "Freedom '09", a voluntary early buy-out
offered to most of the employee groups… so I guess none of us took it... :) 

SharoninSAT said:

Thanks swamt... If I remember correctly in 2004 the Company consolidated 9 res centers into 6. 
The ones closed were Dallas (that was a shocker), Salt Lake City and Little Rock. The Employees were
given options to either transfer to the other res centers or somewhere else within the Company
where there were openings. Another was to take a severance package. As I understood it, quite a few
transferred. And then if you remember, the Company offered "Freedom '09", a voluntary early buy-out
offered to most of the employee groups… so I guess none of us took it... :) 

Now it's coming back to me.  Thx for the info.  Some of us are too far away from retirement to have taken that Freedom 09.  But I do know there are some that wished they did.  And of coarse some are hoping for another one to come.  Hard to believe that the res centers reductions were over 10 years ago.  
 I through an article out there in the airline news thread, really nothing new except that there were numerous letters sent it on behalf of SWA with concerns that if Delta is allowed to stay at DAL that other airlines will use the squatters rights as a way to serve even without leases, kind of interesting...

I through an article out there in the airline news thread, really nothing new except that there were numerous letters sent it on behalf of SWA with concerns that if Delta is allowed to stay at DAL that other airlines will use the squatters rights as a way to serve even without leases, kind of interesting...
not sure what article you are referring to and not sure why you or anyone think that DL is squatting but DL is the only airline serving DAL that meets the requirements for DOT airport access requirements that didn't have a lease. In fact, WN is the only other airline that has served DAL as long as DL has. DL meets the requirements of federal laws to remain and expand its service at DAL because DL has served DAL continuously and the DOT says that airports must accommodate carriers that already serve an airport regardless of leases held by specific carriers. Further, DL's request to expand its service at DAL was made before WN announced its post Wright schedule which the DOT has also said requires that DL must be accommodated. There can be no other carriers that add service at DAL but it is very possible if not likely that about 1 1/2 of the 2 gates that WN acquired from UA will have to be used to accommodate DL's operation at DAL, including the current schedule to ATL plus DL's other intended flights to DTW, MSP, and SLC that DL asked for as part of its accommodation request that preceded the UA-WN gate transfer. And just to be clear, the lease price has to be at market rates which means that DL will be paying WN for the gates but likely at the average of the leases for all other DAL gates.

and has been discussed, the case that is before federal courts right now is to show that airport access laws SUPERSEDE airport leases precisely to prevent any carrier from acquiring leases at an airport and then holding them or announcing service after another carrier does in order to push them out.

Since this thread is about hiring and WN's res offices, we can reopen the topic of DAL access if there is some news in the case but it is it really true that WN does not have a res office in Dallas any more?