Internal Audit
People (Human Resources)
Properties and Facilities
Provisioning
Safety, Security and Dispatch
Technology
University for People

Link to Southwest Airlines People Department

LUV to be a Southwest Airlines Flight Attendant?

Flight Simulator Technician - Dallas, TX

Bilingual Reservation Sales Agent

Customer Service Agent

Ramp Agent

http://www.southwest.com/careers/people_jo...html#JobHotline

zonecontroller said:
Southwest Airlines People Department
currently have open positions in the following departments:

Finance
Flight Operations
Ground Operations
Interactive Marketing
Internal Audit
People (Human Resources)
Properties and Facilities
Provisioning
Safety, Security and Dispatch
Technology
University for People

Link to Southwest Airlines People Department

LUV to be a Southwest Airlines Flight Attendant?

Flight Simulator Technician - Dallas, TX

Bilingual Reservation Sales Agent

Customer Service Agent

Ramp Agent

http://www.southwest.com/careers/people_jo...html#JobHotline
I would also suggest that you visit this site!

www.savingoursouthwest.com
:shock:

orangeman said:
www.savingoursouthwest.com
:shock:
IT's a great site if you want to get a skewed view of issues. I don't know who to believe...the union tells the Phily press that a first year FA make $13-$14k per year, then they post on this site that a first year FA makes $16,459. Which is it? And why haven't they notified the Philly papers that they made an error in thier statement. Do they make it a habit to "slip" a lie in the papers (or under hotel room doors)?

Hey...I'm all for the FA's getting a fair deal, but your union is doing you all a disservice by the "publicity" campaign that they are staging. If they'd deal with facts, they'd have a stronger bargaining position, but they are dealing with lies and half truths (oddly enough, management isn't the only people who knows how to deal with this). Lies catch up to you.

In terms of overstaffing:

As far as Ground Ops goes, I think it depends on the city. True, the numbers of necessary agents has been adjusted for each city, but even then, some cities can occasionally have vacancies. And if nobody bids to fill those vacancies, then they have to hire from the outside. It's admittedly rare right now, but it does occasionally happen.

The other positions at headquarters are usually just vacancies being filled. Headcount growth at headquarters has been minimal since 9/11, and it will be virtually flat this year. Any positions that are posted there are almost always because of the natural turnover.

I think the two departments in which you'll see the biggest growth this year are Flight Operations and Inflight.

And if nobody bids to fill those vacancies, then they have to hire from the outside. It's admittedly rare right now, but it does occasionally happen.

I am very interested in becomming an employee of SouthWest at the MHT location, as a ramp agent or CS..
does this mean my chances are slim that I would be able to get my dream job???

WindDancer said:
And if nobody bids to fill those vacancies, then they have to hire from the outside. It's admittedly rare right now, but it does occasionally happen.

I am very interested in becomming an employee of SouthWest at the MHT location, as a ramp agent or CS..
does this mean my chances are slim that I would be able to get my dream job???
It just so happens there is a career fair in MHT for ramp positions next Monday, March 29th at 9:00 AM.

Check here for further info:

http://www.southwest.com/careers/jobfair.html

Thank you very much for the information.
I had already planed on attending this career fair, and in my desire to obtain a position with Southwest, decided to look at all avenues and see how hard it was to become the coveted Southwest Airline employee.
Do you have any idea how many people attend these career fairs?
Any helpfull pointers to aid in my goal of joining the Southwest family?

Thank you.

I completed an on-line application for flight attendant last July and never heard anything. I assumed that was because SWA wasn't hiring at the time.

The website now says that they are hiring again. I completed an application on-line on 01March, but haven't received any reply even acknowledging the app. Does anyone know how long it takes to hear something? Thanks.

Back