On 8/22/2002 11:23:35 AM

DBMIVN??

"Don't be moronic ... I'm voting no??
"Don't bother me ... I'm voting no??
"Did Bush mean it? ... Vote no"??

Are any of these close?
----------------

DON'T BLAME ME, I VOTED NO!!!

Wannabe, you've been CRJ bound for a long time. When are you going to be CRJ found? Any plans, anything in the works? BTW, it's a great airplane.

I'm going to Comair Academy in Dec,so it will be a little bit longer until I find my CRJ.....BTW,thanks to all the SWA pilots that approved the contract.....at this point in the industry I rather be a little bit underpaid then the industry leading unemployed.....You guys do a hell of job out there.....and I do think when this contract comes up mangement will give you guys a great contract. Again,thanks for not turning into the jerks at UA,US,AA!

----------------
On 8/24/2002 9:53:01 AM

I'm going to Comair Academy in Dec,so it will be a little bit longer until I find my CRJ.....BTW,thanks to all the SWA pilots that approved the contract.....at this point in the industry I rather be a little bit underpaid then the industry leading unemployed.....You guys do a hell of job out there.....and I do think when this contract comes up mangement will give you guys a great contract. Again,thanks for not turning into the jerks at UA,US,AA!
----------------

You left out the highest paid pilots in the industry, DAL. But hey, you don't get it and you prob won't. When after languishing as a Comscare pilot in the "buy your job" game for a few years with no interest from the majors, you'll be really glad that the SWA guys aren't offering you a job either, because (besides you not being competitive) the average pilot is flying 1.5 times what the pilots at every other major is flying.

Yep busdriver...the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence. I think UAL pilots are now doing their damndest to avoid stepping into all the bullsh*t thats been keeping that grass green.

I'm not gonna be rude or anything I'm just gonna give the busdriver a few of facts and my personal obsevations:

#1. Students at Comair Academy don't pay for a job....they pay for training....the paid flight instuctor position....you interview for that.....the F/O position on the CRJ....you interview for that too!

#2. Maybe I don't get it...but I'd rather drive a RJ for 30 yrs than work with the self serving a**holes at UAL/AAL/DAL....MY PERSONAL FEELING is that they have been the most greedy people on the face of the earth and I would'nt share a flight deck with those people ever!

#3. SWA pilots do work harder that the other major airline pilots....Thats why I think that they deserve an industry leading contract....but not now in the current state of the industry....the guys and girls go out and rock & roll all day everyday....and I can only hope to join them in the future!

Okay maybe I broke my promise of not being rude...but when people flame my airline...I'm gonna respond. Have fun driving you "Scarebus" busdriver!

>>>you'll be really glad that the SWA guys aren't offering you a job either, because (besides you not being competitive) the average pilot is flying 1.5 times what the pilots at every other major is flying. <<<

The thing to remember though is that the SWA pilot isn't flying more days out of the month -- he is spending less time eating yogurt while leafing through magazines during his 1+10 turn everywhere he goes or dragging bags through his hub airport while changing airplanes. He gets more flying accomplished during his duty day and is much more efficient....as is his airplane. I'd much rather be working for the comapany with higher efficiency.

----------------
On 8/24/2002 10:44:27 AM
You left out the highest paid pilots in the industry, DAL. But hey, you don't get it and you prob won't. When after languishing as a Comscare pilot in the &amp;quot;buy your job&amp;quot; game for a few years with no interest from the majors, you'll be really glad that the SWA guys aren't offering you a job either, because (besides you not being competitive) the average pilot is flying 1.5 times what the pilots at every other major is flying.

----------------

OTOH, those hard working SWA pilots are working about 1.5 times harder than all the guys on furlough from UAL, US, DAL, AA, CO, etc. Who gets the crappier end of that deal?

----------------
[/quote]

OTOH, those hard working SWA pilots are working about 1.5 times harder than all the guys on furlough from UAL, US, DAL, AA, CO, etc. Who gets the crappier end of that deal?
----------------
[/quote]

Actually did the math, I'd make more FURLOUGHED as a second year guy at UAL than as a overworked to support the stock options of the senior guys SWA second year guy. BTW, how many first year pilots are on the SWA pay roll? Second year guys?

Hey wannabe dude, you have to excuse busdrvr, he works for UAL and you can imagine what kind of work environment he has. Yea they make more on layoff than an actively employed pilot for WN...thats a typical statement. Their pilots make more money but they have a few thousand on layoff, their company will probably be filing bankruptcy, and everyone hates each other, yes that sounds like a SWEET place to work. Wannabe, don't worry what he or others say, they have a few years working for companies where you're just a number and the unions only want to suck the company dry. There is no balance. Just keep on doing what you want and keep your goals set, I personally think you're doing fine and making good choices. Hope you never turn into a bitter pilot like busdrvr.

Actually did the math, I'd make more FURLOUGHED as a second year guy at UAL than as a overworked to support the stock options of the senior guys SWA second year guy. BTW, how many first year pilots are on the SWA pay roll? Second year guys?

I don't get you sometimes busdriver. YOu pretty much always slam Southwest, Jetblue, and Airtran pilots for being underpaid, but in another thread on UAL you post what you claim to have averaged the past couple of years, and even I, a lowly government worker, make more, and I am by no means "living large". Heck, what you claim to make is not much more than a first year flight attendant at Southwest. You should take the furlough, as you can then get paid more than a Southwest pilot AND you can get one of those plum government jobs to supplement your income. Or, if you enjoy flying, perhaps you can become a SWA FA and still pull in the furlough pay. Heck, it might be just like being a Captain, except you'll be the one bringing the coffee.