Southwest Traffic Up 15.9% Over Last Year.

wnbubbleboy

Veteran
Aug 21, 2002
By God Indiana
This release, as well as past news releases on Southwest, are available online at http://www.southwest.com .

SOUTHWEST AIRLINES CO.
PRELIMINARY COMPARATIVE TRAFFIC STATISTICS

JANUARY

2005 2004 CHANGE

Revenue passengers carried 5,317,958 4,729,128 12.5 %

Enplaned passengers 6,034,400 5,358,000 12.6 %

Revenue passenger miles (000) 4,004,740 3,456,298 15.9 %

Available seat miles (000) 6,815,928 6,148,257 10.9 %

Load factor 58.8% 56.2% 2.6 pts.

Average length of haul 753 731 3.0 %

Trips flown 84,296 79,508 6.0 %

With the increase in fleet size, the increase in RPM's is not surprising. That the increase in RPM's is greater than the increase in ASM's (15.9% vs 10.9%) is the really good news....

Nice work, guys and gals.

Jim

ps - on a completely different topic....

With PHL taking over ownership of U's B/C concourse jetways in PHL and leasing them back on a month to month basis, are there any rumors about changes coming your way there?

I'm curious about something...how big was the fleet this time last year, and how big is it now?

(OK...I'm being lazy; I could look it up...but I still do have a real job, too)

mweiss said:
I'm curious about something...how big was the fleet this time last year, and how big is it now?

(OK...I'm being lazy; I could look it up...but I still do have a real job, too)
[post="245077"][/post]​
Right now I think we're running about 420 give or take a few. All the -200's are just about gone. The -700's out number the -300's. Don't know for sure what we had last year.

wnbubbleboy said:
All the -200's are just about gone.

they ARE gone--from revenue service, at least. Last revenue flight, IIRC, was on 1/17. See the "pajama party" thread for more details. HP flew their last revenue -200 flight on or about that same day.

mga707 said:
they ARE gone--from revenue service, at least. Last revenue flight, IIRC, was on 1/17. See the "pajama party" thread for more details. HP flew their last revenue -200 flight on or about that same day.
[post="245320"][/post]​
Thank goodness. I have never been more motion sick than flying 4th on a -200 making the trek from BWI to DAL a couple of years ago. The flight attendants worked right through it made me feel like a real sissy. :blink:

wnbubbleboy said:
Thank goodness. I have never been more motion sick than flying 4th on a -200 making the trek from BWI to DAL a couple of years ago.  The flight attendants worked right through it made me feel like a real sissy.    :blink:
[post="245354"][/post]​

Bubbleboy, perhaps the reason you feel like a sissy has more to do with the fact that you wear form fitting clothes and you have that typical thong peeping out from the top of your tight jeans look, than it does with riding a 200. However I've heard about how you like to ride lots of things, an a/c not being one, but WHILE being in an a/c is one, lmao.

To be honest with you the part that freaks me out the most is when you come into work wearing makeup, thats a bit over the top.....not that there's anything wrong with that, :D .

WNjetdoc said:
Bubbleboy, perhaps the reason you feel like a sissy has more to do with the fact that you wear form fitting clothes and you have that typical thong peeping out from the top of your tight jeans look, than it does with riding a 200. However I've heard about how you like to ride lots of things, an a/c not being one, but WHILE being in an a/c is one, lmao.

To be honest with you the part that freaks me out the most is when you come into work wearing makeup, thats a bit over the top.....not that there's anything wrong with that, :D .
[post="245355"][/post]​

Ok give to everybody a visual: John Goodman in a thong. That's what I would look like. Also Jetdoc it's not makeup, it's BASE! Afterall, you never know when Jennifer Aniston is going to walk into your stockroom.

wnbubbleboy said:
Ok give to everybody a visual: John Goodman in a thong. That's what I would look like. Also Jetdoc it's not makeup, it's BASE! Afterall, you never know when Jennifer Aniston is going to walk into your stockroom.
[post="245358"][/post]​

You so kill me buddy, :D , but you are built much more like Ahh-NOLD than Goodman, give yourself more credit than that....not that I've looked much at ya, its just "locker room talk", if you know what I mean.

WNjetdoc said:
You so kill me buddy, :D , but you are built much more like Ahh-NOLD than Goodman, give yourself more credit than that....not that I've looked much at ya, its just "locker room talk", if you know what I mean.
[post="245731"][/post]​
Last off topic post . I do look like an Ahh-NOLD, Tom Ahh-NOLD.

Take Care

BBoy

Back on topic...I'm trying to figure out how many aircraft were in the fleet last year so as to do a comparison of average daily flight hours YOY.

Latest posts

Back