Southwest Trip Report

BuffaloJoe

Veteran
Aug 17, 2005
Visit site
PHL-LAS 2FEB09 WN 608
I took My Mother to Las Vegas for her birthday present and we traveled Southwest. She just had knee-replacement surgery done in November so I made the trip in February, a month later than her birthday. We boarded on-time and the crew was very professional and extremely pleasant. I fell asleep right away just after take-off, and was awoken when this guy passed out somewhere over Kansas. He just fell to the floor prior to getting to the front galley to use the bathroom. They called over the intercom asking for a doctor or a nurse. About 10 minutes go by and the guy was back up. Turned out he takes High Blood Pressure Medicine normally and had a cold so he took some cold medicine around departure time and had a reaction. The Crew handled this well and upon landing in Las Vegas the crew asked us passenger to please wait and let the medical crew come aboard. Everybody sat patiently waiting and the took him away, then the one FA gave the OK for everybody to deplane. Upon departing the plane we gotten My Mother's walker and they had a wheelchair for her. I traveled with her before and always had to wait at the gate for a wheelchair assistance. She could have walked with her walker, but Las Vegas is a long walk. Our luggage was on the carousel as expected.

LAS-PHL 5FEB09 WN 1635
On our return trip, everything went uneventful. Check-in was rather easy and the Counter Agent made it that way. Had a wheelchair waiting for my Mother and we went off to the gate. Plane was running about 60 minutes late, but other than that no problems. Like coming out I fell asleep just after take-off and woke up about an hour left into the flight. The FA noticed that I just awoken and offered me a refreshment, so I took a glass of soda. The only problem was collecting our luggage in PHL where we came into Gate D-4. I went over to terminal E's baggage claim. But the security guard said they have a claim over in D for their D arrivals. Other than that small inconvienence (which the FA probably told us on the plane that we collect our baggage in D, which I didn't hear) everything went well.

Overall I was impressed by the service Southwest gave. They treated my Mother extremely well. They went the extra yard to make sure she was comfortable. I Thank ALL at Southwest who was involved with these flights.

Thanks for flying our airline. We like to hear when we are doing well. Please don't forget to tell us when our service is lacking as we need to hear about these instances also. The company WILL respond. Hope you take the opportunity to fly us again soon.

What's important to know is this person was a very loyal customer of another carrier with a significant presence in PHL.

A point to ponder.
Hi Bob,
You are correct. I avoid that other so-called airline at all cost. I needed a nonstop flight and Southwest gave me that option with Great Customer care. I booked the flight via the web, but I needed to call their reservation number and was treated with great service, what a "CUSTOMER" should expect. What a Concept!

As for my work, I travel to either to San Jose or San Francisco. I have been using four different carriers/ three now with that merger. But with the service I have received on Southwest, I will not hesitate to fly with them. 5 years ago I thought I'd never say that. When I travel, I don't need any gadgets to attract me to fly them, but it comes down to service. WN treats their customers as they deserve to be treated, as customers. The only thing I miss out is the upgrades to FC, but I rarely take them. I have no problem sitting in the back, just is that I ask for an aisle or a window seat.

Like I made a comment on that other airlines page is that I would only consider them if they return to my Home port, but that isn't going to happen anytime soon. Southwest will be getting more of my business for sure.
Joe