Speaking Of Assets

Dea Certe

Veteran
Aug 20, 2002
Folks,

First let me apologize for any spelling/grammar errors. I've been up all night and am pretty tired.

As unpopular as it is in the halls of CCY, many of the front line employees and those behind the scenes are the ones who keep this airline running. They are the the real assets. I've had the opportunity to watch just how great our CSR's do their jobs under just awful circumstances.

I've also watched our flight attendants work hard, trying to overcome the lack of supplies and less than clean airplanes by using their own brought-from-home cleaning products.

In the airline biz, as in many other businesses, the employees are the true assets. While we can't be sold off for money like an aircraft or equipment, we are definitely possessing skills and talents that make this airline run.

I have to question if some of the so-called "talent" in CCY are actually assets. From what I see, a few are more liabilities. AC comes to mind. I don't find it fair, right or moral that he may bail from this place with a fat bonus and golden parachute. Given his performance, I'd say he's done a dismal job. The Christmas Meltdown was a perfect example. I don't understand why he wasn't taken out back and given a good spanking if not out-right fired.

I am becoming convinced the BOD is just another good old boys club. It's my opinion Bruce Lakefield came here to help out an old friend and pick up a bit of pocket money to help out with his retirement package. Hey, greens fees are expensive at the better courses!

This is my rant for the day. It grieves me no small amount to see our smaller out-stations turned over to newly hired cheap labor who most likely won't stay around long and just won't have the time to learn the complex rules and systems. Our senior folks in these stations know that stuff as second nature and can fix nearly any problem that presents itself in a matter of a few key strokes or a well-placed phone call.

I am hopeful this AWA/US merger will sort out the wheat from the chaff. But let's not go overboard compensating those who never fixed the problems, created a good deal of animosity in the rank and file and really didn't contribute to US in a positive way.

I'm all for letting the "little people" who did their jobs daily have a severence package. They earned it. But those who raked in six-figure salaries, along with other perks, should just be given a pat on the back (or in some cases, a boot in the backside) and shown the door. If they are all that "talented" and in demand, they won't remain unemployed for long. They have connections through the Good Old Boys Club and will land on their feet any way, deservedly or not.

Dea

Dea Certe said:
Folks,
They have connections through the Good Old Boys Club and will land on their feet any way, deservedly or not.

Dea
[post="269984"][/post]​

I guess it takes lack of sleep and total frustration to see what we all have been seeing for years. These people don't care about your grievance, you or your whining. They are here for one reason and it's not to benefit you or any working man or women. They set themselves up with their performance not a consideration. Writing on an internet site will not change the world but will keep frustration levels low enough to keep the needed uprising at bay.

Calibrator (or is that you, Curt?)

True, I was mostly venting. I do worry about our employees who have been streeted with little more than a few bucks after many years of good and loyal service. I just don't think it's right, fair or moral to reward those who didn't contribute in a positive manner, reach their stated goals or just flat-out failed to do their jobs.

That's what wrong in Corporate America today. You can screw up, mess up, fail and still get a paycheck far exceeding the worth of the contribution.

Point taken about wasting time at a key board when maybe I should taking action. Somehow, I just don't think anyone wants to see me on a Calendar, feathery fan concealing the "naughty bits" or not! :lol:

Don't worry, I am thinking of other things.

Curt, if this is you, why don't you just count the many blessings bestowed on you when you were able to leave this place and move into a better place? Enjoy the gifts you were given and quit looking back!

Dea