Staffing Changes And Cockpit Meals From Home

Corinth2103

Aug 20, 2002
Chicago
www.usaviation.com
Monday January 10, 2005
Delta To Cut Cabin Crew On Some Flights
January 10, 2005
Delta Air Lines is planning to reduce the number of flight attendants on some flights and eliminate meals for flight crews, the Wall Street Journal reported on Monday, citing a company document.

Starting January 31, Delta will reduce from eight to seven the number of flight attendants on transoceanic Boeing 767ER flights, which carry up to 285 passengers, the report said, citing an internal memo.

The 268 passenger Boeing 777 flown by Delta to Japan will carry nine flight attendants instead of the current 10, the report said. Delta also plans to eliminate an extra flight attendant position it normally adds when US, Caribbean and Delta Shuttle flights are particularly full, the report said.

Crew meals on domestic flights will be dropped from April 1, meaning that pilots and flight attendants will have to bring their own food, the report said.

Delta has been restructuring to avoid a bankruptcy filing. Last week, Delta said it was cutting its airfares by as much as 50 percent for travel in the continental United States.

(Reuters)

Since I'm going Business Elite to Buenos Aires in feb. I wll report on what I hope is still a nice international flight. It's a long way from Atl to BA but a least Biz is better then coach, especially not having to deal with the Miami airport.

Latest posts