Statement from Doug

SKY HIGH

Veteran
May 22, 2004
US Airways CEO reaches out to workers after Delta rejection
In a letter to employees, US Airways CEO Doug Parker says: "While we are disappointed that the [Delta Creditors'] Committee has chosen to ignore its fiduciary obligation to Delta's creditors, we are excited about our future and proud of our team’s performance during this process. … As a standalone carrier, we have a tremendous future ahead of us. As announced yesterday, we earned over $500 million (excluding special charges) in 2006 and will cut profit sharing checks later this quarter. We expect an even better 2007 and I look forward to working with all of you to make US Airways an even better airline than it is today."

His letter continues: "We have the best team in the business, from our operations team to all of the support and administrative staff. We're improving on customer service measures, bringing back furloughed employees and hiring new members to our team. Our future is bright. In closing, I couldn’t be more proud of the professionalism that US Airways employees showed since announcing our proposal over two months ago. Thanks for all your support and encouragement you gave our team during this process. Let's focus on running the best airline we can and have a great 2007. As always, thanks, too, for taking care of our customers."

Link with COMMENTS
http://blogs.usatoday.com/sky/2007/01/us_airways_ceo_.html

only stating opinions

US Airways CEO reaches out to workers after Delta rejection
In a letter to employees, US Airways CEO Doug Parker says: "While we are disappointed that the [Delta Creditors'] Committee has chosen to ignore its fiduciary obligation to Delta's creditors, we are excited about our future and proud of our team’s performance during this process. … As a standalone carrier, we have a tremendous future ahead of us. As announced yesterday, we earned over $500 million (excluding special charges) in 2006 and will cut profit sharing checks later this quarter. We expect an even better 2007 and I look forward to working with all of you to make US Airways an even better airline than it is today."

His letter continues: "We have the best team in the business, from our operations team to all of the support and administrative staff. We're improving on customer service measures, bringing back furloughed employees and hiring new members to our team. Our future is bright. In closing, I couldn’t be more proud of the professionalism that US Airways employees showed since announcing our proposal over two months ago. Thanks for all your support and encouragement you gave our team during this process. Let's focus on running the best airline we can and have a great 2007. As always, thanks, too, for taking care of our customers."

Link with COMMENTS
http://blogs.usatoday.com/sky/2007/01/us_airways_ceo_.html
only stating opinions

Oh Brother,

I have never seen a more useless HR department anywhere. Just try to contact anybody in Tempe. Health, travel,payroll ect.

Your not kidding. I still have never received my benefit information and card. Oh yeah, I moved cross country in July and have submitted my change of address 3 yes 3 times and I still get my paystub almost a week later. Is there anyone really running this place. Don't EVEN try to make a phone call. You'll get transferred to 5 different people before getting disconnected. It is insane.