Steelers Dedication / town hall meeting pit 9/12

orioleman

Veteran
Aug 20, 2007
Steelers Dedication and
Townhall Next Week!

Mark your calendars and get ready for the Pittsburgh Steelers aircraft dedication Sept. 12, 9 - 10:30 a.m. at the PIT maintenance hangar. Team reps will be speaking and refreshments will be served. Also, the Pittsburgh Steelers dedication event will be followed by a Townhall with CEO Doug Parker. Look for details to come.

For the brothers and sisters in pit.. try to make unified stand in front of Parker and the video cams.. let the rest of the system know how you feel... YOU said with a vote now say with a VOICE.. Stand up and be heard..

ps. nice airplane.. looks really good a night with the tail light up..

Just another stupid Company pep-rally that serves no purpose whatsoever. Pep rallies are pointless when you are on the losing team. I am sure there will be plenty of Kool-aid being served. :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down:

Just another stupid Company pep-rally that serves no purpose whatsoever. Pep rallies are pointless when you are on the losing team. I am sure there will be plenty of Kool-aid being served. :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down:

Will it be Iron City flavored instead of Budweiser flavor to make it easier for the locals to swallow? :lol:

I just read the article in the Post Gazette regarding what Parker had to say in the little Q&A. I don't get it.....Usairways couldn't make it work before and NOOOOOOW we're a LCC and can't make it work because of the new TRUE LCC entrants? I mean c'mon. This company blows right along with the whole PIT-PHL BS. They won't go back to PIT with ONE MORE FLIGHT ADDED because ya see that would seem to all of us that THEY FAILED. They couldn't make PHL work to it's full advantage. It's crap, BS and oh yeah did I mention the Steelers a/c actually is very nice. And folks wonder WHY the Post Gazette doesn't print positive articles about US. Besides the company painting a pretty plane that will probably never EVER fly in and out of Steeler country there isn't ANYTHING positive to write about. US is simply an easy target and always has been. Leave all together already. :rolleyes:

Sorry folks. I couldn't get to the Steeler plane unveiling due to other commitments, but I did hear from a reliable source that Parker got booed by the crowd when he came into the hangar. Let's see if that part of the video makes the Hub...... :lol:

My source didn't have much else to say except the town hall was a repeat of the same propaganda that the flight crews got in CLT last month: The same PIT O/D issues, the necessity of making PHL work, Parker can't see into the future, and so forth. So, basically I didn't miss much, and I saved a trip out to the airport.

I'm sure I'll get to see the plane whenever it manages to actually be used in PIT. This may be a long shot eventually with flight reductions, but a plane is a plane is a plane is a plane (with apologies to Getrude Stein).

You know it totally blows that we have such Short Sighted Morons running this Company.....I mean we are actually making money again and we are running the Airline like it's on it's last leg! What gives? Are these guys really that incompetant? As a LCC now as they say....we should be in PIT with more flights.....one would think? :huh:

You know it totally blows that we have such Short Sighted Morons running this Company.....I mean we are actually making money again and we are running the Airline like it's on it's last leg! What gives? Are these guys really that incompetant? As a LCC now as they say....we should be in PIT with more flights.....one would think? :huh:

One would, and yet every excuse is made not to do so.

I find it interesting that most days when I arrive at work, the parking lots from Short Term all the way out into Extended tend to be full of automobiles. Assuming that 1) the car rental companies are not parking in those lots, which appears to be correct, 2) connecting passengers would not have cars in those lots, for obvious reasons, and 3) the employees have their own lot or park off of airport property, which they do, then I would deduce that those cars and trucks and motocycles and the occasional odd horse belong to......yes, you guessed it......ORIGINATING PASSENGERS. And that doesn't include all of those passengers that who also park off of airport property or get dropped off at the curb.

Did I mention that the ACAA has shown an upward trend in traffic and enplanements at PIT recently as well? I didn't? Oh....well they have.

Parker always tries to find an additional piece of information to twist into propoganda against adding flights to PIT, and yet he never backs up his claims with any hard data. Take for example his claim that PIT passengers pay less than other cities for their tickets on US flights: Maybe he's correct and maybe he's not. I see a lot of business travelers in PIT in the security lines, and I'm sure some of them must pay big bucks for same-day travel versus booking two weeks or more in advance or waiting for that great advertisment in the Travel section of the Post-Gazette.

PIT also tends to have fewer cancelled flights and fewer misconnect passengers late in the day. I would assume that fact, which is easily verifiable, would translate into fewer vouchers for hotels and food, and also a greater chance that such passengers wouldn't have to endure the nightmare which is being rebooked for the next day on a flight (especially if that or subsequent flights are full). I would venture a guess that this, in turn, improves the revenue at such a station.

Did I mention missed bags? PIT has the least. The agents in baggage reroute are very good at documenting inbound missed baggage, and the management audits outbound flights DAILY. Fewer missed bags has to equal greater revenue from such a station.

What's left to argue? $35,000 gate leases? $20+ per square foot rent? $2,500 parking fees? How did PIT get to such a point? Jim Roddey? Kent George? Dave Siegel? David Bronner? Who knows who fired the first shot? What I do know is that if there was any meaningful negotiation between US and the ACAA, prices for such items might become far more reasonable. But alas! No such luck, as least not yet as far as I know.

Yes, the arguments for and against rehubbing PIT continue, and someone will bait me at some point and say, "PRINCE, get over it already. PIT will never be a (fill in the blank) again. It's like SHARES/SCEPTRE/glassware/inflight meals/et cetera..."

They may be right. I may be crazy. But it just might be the airport that they're looking for.

One would, and yet every excuse is made not to do so.

I find it interesting that most days when I arrive at work, the parking lots from Short Term all the way out into Extended tend to be full of automobiles. Assuming that 1) the car rental companies are not parking in those lots, which appears to be correct, 2) connecting passengers would not have cars in those lots, for obvious reasons, and 3) the employees have their own lot or park off of airport property, which they do, then I would deduce that those cars and trucks and motocycles and the occasional odd horse belong to......yes, you guessed it......ORIGINATING PASSENGERS. And that doesn't include all of those passengers that who also park off of airport property or get dropped off at the curb.
In 14 years of weekly travel, I have never taken as long as today to find a parking spot in Extended. This is after 2 expansions of that lot. Normal time is 5 minutes or so to find a space, today it took 35 minutes. Not a scientific gague but it said a lot to me.

And aren't they all gone now?

Right-o! And yet no progress as far as I know, although George hasn't been gone very long, and I never had anything against anyone who was trying to save an enterprise. He and his team at the ACAA did manage to bring in Southwest, JetBlue, Hooters/Myrtle Beach Whatever-it-is and Independence (R.I.P.) after US flew the proverbial coop.

I saw it flying out of PHX yesterday, it looked nice, even from the highway.

As for the team... :down:

I'm looking forward to seeing the Panthers plane.

Yes, the arguments for and against rehubbing PIT continue, and someone will bait me at some point and say, "PRINCE, get over it already.

There is no argument, aint happenin.

.....The Patriots will eat the Steelers lunch too.

Latest posts

Back