STL

Status
Not open for further replies.

jj

Senior
Aug 20, 2002
WN starts stl-msp 2 flts a day and stl-bos 2 flts a day..Quiz--how long till AA drops routes? routes start Jan 10 2010.

STL-MSP has never been mainline in the time I have been in SLT. It has always been AX. STL-BOS is one of the few routes where no cuts are planned for Nov. We will still have 4/day on that route. Now, how long that lasts with WN in the market is anyone's guess.

STL-BOS was listed in the last round of STL cuts as going from 3 to 1 MD80 flights per day. It takes effect at the end of November. I'd say AA has 2 choices: add the 2 dropped flights back to compete or drop the 1 remaining flight. To do nothing would seem to make little sense. Just my personal opinion.

WN starts stl-msp 2 flts a day and stl-bos 2 flts a day..Quiz--how long till AA drops routes? routes start Jan 10 2010.

Actually, I just found out that you are asking the wrong question. What you should have asked is, "Is WN the only airline that sees an opportunity and takes advantage of it?"

We announced some time ago that we are dropping from 3/day to 1/day on STL-BOS and AX was exiting the STL-MSP market as of 09NOV--dropping from 5/day to none. (This market exit is the one I just found out this morning. I had not read the changes to AX schedules before today.) WN is simply picking up a market that we decided to abandon.

Does STL-MCI ring a bell with anyone? WN seems to be doing quite nicely with that monopoly market (that used to be our monopoly market). I also just realized that they even have the WN STL-MCI schedule loaded into RES. IIRC, there was a time that WN did not exist as far as SABRE was concerned. My, my, my. How times have changed!

Just another example of why I tell people that want to run down WN that you can not argue with success. I like the way they run an airline. There is this odd focus on passengers and service rather than on accounting numbers. I think that is a violation of policy at AMR.

WN schedules have been listed in SABRE for atleast a few years now. Not sure how long though.

jimntx said:
Just another example of why I tell people that want to run down WN that you can not argue with success. I like the way they run an airline. There is this odd focus on passengers and service rather than on accounting numbers. I think that is a violation of policy at AMR.

Jim, question not the "Performance Leadership Initiative" demonstrated by the accountants running this airline.We're exhibiting Customer Experience Leadership by ceding markets to WN.Our passengers obviously don't want to ride regional jets across much of the network, so we're allowing them to ride another airlines mainline equipment.

AMR views passengers as an annoyance and is doing their best to insure that the level of annoyance is reduced as much as possible.

I wonder if we could convince Gordon Bethune to come out of retirement and turn this sinking ship around.The wunderkind MBA children have gone off the rails and lost focus on what exactly it is that an airline does.

I expect we'll hear an announcement about selling the JFK white elephant to Delta soon enough.

STL-MSP has never been mainline in the time I have been in SLT. It has always been AX. STL-BOS is one of the few routes where no cuts are planned for Nov. We will still have 4/day on that route. Now, how long that lasts with WN in the market is anyone's guess.

MSP - STL was mainline after AA bought up what was left of TWA for about two years.

STL CLT/PHL were both cut by AA. US Airways put extra AM flight STL CLT currently there is a 559AM departure with CRJ 900 and a 755AM departure with CRJ 900. Sept 14 one of the CRJ900 changes to a E-190 and in OCT both STL CLT AM departures will be E-190. STL PHL will get one E-190 Sunday only. STL PHL is run with E-175 and CRJ 200 most flights.

Jim, question not the "Performance Leadership Initiative" demonstrated by the accountants running this airline.We're exhibiting Customer Experience Leadership by ceding markets to WN.Our passengers obviously don't want to ride regional jets across much of the network, so we're allowing them to ride another airlines mainline equipment.

AMR views passengers as an annoyance and is doing their best to insure that the level of annoyance is reduced as much as possible.

I wonder if we could convince Gordon Bethune to come out of retirement and turn this sinking ship around.The wunderkind MBA children have gone off the rails and lost focus on what exactly it is that an airline does.

I expect we'll hear an announcement about selling the JFK white elephant to Delta soon enough.

And pray tell, where should AA run these "insignificant" routes from;

JFK/LHR...............JFK/LAX...........JFK/SFO..........JFK/MIA ???????????

STL-XNA ends Nov 18th.STL-MKE loses one eagle down to 2 a day. :down:

Status
Not open for further replies.