Stolen From Who

They are still there because the Cops are scared of the locals with their Swiss Army Guns.

Who's gonna' fly 'em out ??? Maybe Longranger and Heli-copper.
I don't think we'll see those choppers back soon.
Here's their crack assault team practicing a "takedown"............

They now belong to the court case and if the parties are found guilty, they become the property of the RCMP. They will be sold, with the funds going to the RCMP under the new rules with regards "assets of crime" that recently passed and allowed the RCMP to benefit financially from the assets that confiscate, IF the party(s) are found guilty. The Americans have had this for decades and now the RCMP got it. So even if the RCMP could not get those a/c, they could rot there and their parts couldn't be stolen and sold either. So it doesn't much matter what the natives do or say......I believe that's called "Checkmate". :lol: Sorry if we trampled on your Rights Sitting Bull. :lol:

cap said:
RH ------PJ already gave it to you. Re-read his post and stick a www. in front of it and you're in business. :D
No. I was asking for the specific URL to the picture. For some reason, I cannot search the site.

;)

Here it is, I finally got through...

transport canada shows the rego cancelled as of oct/04...

wish someone had dropped it in my backyard!! it's a beautiful looking J... shame it got dinged!!! :down:

Maybe the bus-load of RCMP pilots who are doing their recurrent training in Penticton as we speak could use old ALQ for their training, You know, night, low level, confined areas, gross weight ops, native uprisings and riot control, ..etc

They are found property 'only' last I heard. I haven't read of anyone to date reporting them as stolen.

100 ft ----- if they were part of some drug deal, it won't make any difference if they were stolen, borrowed, found, leased or bought. :lol:

The Okanagan Sunday, November 21, 2004
http://www.pentictonherald.ca/archive-k/20...date=2004/11/21

Man claims ownership of helicopter on reserve
By LAURENA WENINGER The Okanagan Sunday

PENTICTON -- A man who claims to be the owner of one of two helicopters found on the Penticton Indian reserve earlier this month wants his aircraft back

Hal John Levine of Surrey contacted the band via fax from an Abbotsford lawyer named G. Jack Harris

"The helicopter in question is the smaller, Bell 47J2, which Mr. Levine is convinced was not involved in any criminal wrongdoing," reads the letter dated Nov. 19. "I wish to have this point made perfectly clear, that Mr. Levine has nothing to do with the larger helicopter which press reports indicate was involved in some type of illegal activity, most likely the international transport of drugs. I understand, again only from the press clippings, that the larger helicopter was refitted to provide smuggling capabilities." The two helicopters were found Nov. 11 within 400 metres of each other on band land. The pilot of one approached two native men cutting wood before running away

The RCMP's Integrated Border Enforcement Team is investigating, but Penticton Indian band Chief Stewart Phillip has already suggested drug smuggling is behind the incident

Harris's letter says Levine bought his helicopter in September and had no alterations or modifications made to it to permit smuggling. Levine bought it from Gerald Kearney, at Coastland Helicopters in Richmond, who delivered it to the Vernon airport some time ago. Levine claims he was misled by people who told him they had the band's permission to have the helicopter parked on the reserve for a lesser fee than the $450 per month charged by the Vernon airport

The letter goes on to say: "Mr. Levine wishes to assure you that to his knowledge, his helicopter CFAFK was not involved in any criminal activity and regrets the embarrassment that its placement on your property has caused through the media."

Continued on page A4

Anyone have access to the rest of the story??? (Penticton Herald)

hmmm.... me thinks the plot thickens!!! who told him he could park it on the reserve?? how did they get it there if it was un-registered?? who set it there?? was the t/r actually dinged?? :wacko:

i have a feeling this story is going to get more and more interesting!! <_<

I worked for a place that had the receiver take the ships due to a lease purchase deal so there was a bit of equity in them despite no lease payments being made for half a year.The owner ended up suing someone for damage as the engine and hull weren't preserved per the manuals....will be interesting to see what happens...

What a tangled story this is.

MY question is:
Were either helicopter reported as stolen? If so, would they still be seized by the RCMP or turned back over to the owner?

I'm just thinking how ticked I'd be if it were my helicopter and I couldn't get it back.

That would just suck.