Storm worsens plight of US Airways - Crowd of pilots expected at Virginia courthouse

From what I am reading, It seems to me that the pilots are pragmatists. They seem to be clearly convinced that they have no basis of trust in the person who says they need to give more to save the airline. If they had a basis to believe the promises they would give, as they have in the past, when they had confidence (or at least a quivering hope) in the “new guy who should be given a chance.â€￾ Trust was violated. According to some opinions anyway. LOL.

And these same pragmatists see a conflict of interest in a group of men who repeat the mantra “the company will immediately liquidate if you don’t give moreâ€￾ who are the same guys slated to receive 45% of the company.

A pragmatist has to make his own evaluations, and I won’t begrudge them that.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 2/22/2003 9:38:58 AM PineyBob wrote:

hey,
Times are tough all over. Just yesterday I saw a pimp driving a Volkswagen.

yeah,his gal has a tent in the woods behind my house.

Where's Donald Burr? It's time for a radical regime change. Enough hocus pocus, let's really throw a wrench into our business plan.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 2/23/2003 1:09:44 PM PineyBob wrote:

Ok I'll bite who is Donald Burr?
----------------
[/blockquote]
best guess-ex CEO peoples express airlines.why,i dunno bob.

Yep, Delldude, you are correct.

Burr was the CEO of People Express. He was also a long time friend of Frank Lorenzo . They had a falling out over Frankie's arrogance, and Burr went off and set up People Express. Lorenzo later went after PE with everything he had, and destroyed the company through a leveraged buyout.

People Express was the first airline I flew on my own as a kid[img src='http://www.usaviation.com/idealbb/images/smilies/9.gif']. I still have one of their barf bags (unused, mind you) as a souvenir.... I imagine I could sell it on EBAY...... Yeesh!

For more thorough accounts, read Petzinger's Hard landings and "Grounded: Frank Lorenzo and the Destruction of Eastern Airlines" By Aaron Bernstein

-Airlineorphan