Stress

towerclt

Jan 8, 2006
I usually just stick to reading, but a good friend (who posts on this board) ask me to say something about employee stress.
I CAN BE A KILLER IF NOT CONTROLED. This employee is out on medical dealing with the very REAL problems caused by stress.
He should've went out much earlier but he is stubborn. With the pay cuts lay off & all that has happened he is 99% sure this is what brought it all on. DON'T LET THIS HAPPEN TO YOU.
For some help go to google.com & type in stress management. Much will come up on this subject.
He would also incourage you to talk to your family doc or consult the EAP & follow their advice.
I hope this may help some one who needs it most.

This is true, but there is a lot of Stress involved with a Career change as well. It is nice to no longer have the Ax looming over your head with concessions and furloughs being an everyday issue. Once you get settled into another Job, things do get better over a period of time. ;)

I usually just stick to reading, but a good friend (who posts on this board) ask me to say something about employee stress.
I CAN BE A KILLER IF NOT CONTROLED. This employee is out on medical dealing with the very REAL problems caused by stress.
He should've went out much earlier but he is stubborn. With the pay cuts lay off & all that has happened he is 99% sure this is what brought it all on. DON'T LET THIS HAPPEN TO YOU.
For some help go to google.com & type in stress management. Much will come up on this subject.
He would also incourage you to talk to your family doc or consult the EAP & follow their advice.

:up:

DO NOT LET MONEY LEAD YOU DOWN THE WRONG PATH!(just a quote)

It is also hard on the family as a whole....Many sleepless nights trying to figure how to manage finances. You really feel like your alone, but there are so many people dealing with the same situation.

you are so correct...thats why so many have decided they've had enough and took that chance and left U for a life without that nagging uncertainty.
yea, tell me about it, Dude ;) ;) Its' a rough road, but many have to live with the decisions they make...

It is also hard on the family as a whole....Many sleepless nights trying to figure how to manage finances. You really feel like your alone, but there are so many people dealing with the same situation.

Please get help before it's too late.

I had a friend whose son lost his job due to the WorldCom failure. He ended up killing himself and attempted to kill his four children; two were murdered. One of the many headlines: Unemployment Drives Man to Commit Murder

Don't let the stress kill you too.

Retirement....or rather the security of having a retirement is a nice stress reliever , However...I think we all know someone within this company , or even several whom have dropped dead from heart attacks in the prime of thier lives.

Sure..Some people are pre-disposed to such things , as an indiviuals family traits and life style choices may have a direct impact on causing such conditions. Then again..the cases I'm talking about are people whom are active..not over weight and show no signs of stress outside the work place.

These are the folks that are definately victims of circumstances not related to thier own choices.

Some are going to be quick to point out that Nobody forced you to hire on at U , all true...but those whom elected to come here at a young age and devote thier adult lives to this company should not be subjected to such outside stresses allthewhile Fly By Night Executives reap Full Retirement , Great Benefits and Full post U Medical benefits for relatively short tenure here , coupled to lack-lustre performance and end results while here.

Retirement and Post retirement benefits should only be made available to those whom have dedicated themselves to at least 20 years of continuos service , regardless of Title or Position within this company.

Just my humble opinion.....Fixer :)

Retirement....or rather the security of having a retirement is a nice stress reliever , However...I think we all know someone within this company , or even several whom have dropped dead from heart attacks in the prime of thier lives.

Sure..Some people are pre-disposed to such things , as an indiviuals family traits and life style choices may have a direct impact on causing such conditions. Then again..the cases I'm talking about are people whom are active..not over weight and show no signs of stress outside the work place.

These are the folks that are definately victims of circumstances not related to thier own choices.

Some are going to be quick to point out that Nobody forced you to hire on at U , all true...but those whom elected to come here at a young age and devote thier adult lives to this company should not be subjected to such outside stresses allthewhile Fly By Night Executives reap Full Retirement , Great Benefits and Full post U Medical benefits for relatively short tenure here , coupled to lack-lustre performance and end results while here.

Retirement and Post retirement benefits should only be made available to those whom have dedicated themselves to at least 20 years of continuos service , regardless of Title or Position within this company.

Just my humble opinion.....Fixer :)

-----------------------------------------------------

Good points with “mostlyâ€￾ true. I can personally attest to a few of them. My exception is your insistence on 20 years service to the company for retirement benefits. Thanks to the union people on here love to hate, the IAM, I retired with a lot less than 20 years service and receiving benefits monthly for the rest of my life. That 20 years of service thing you feel is necessary would kill a sane man given the stress of only working half that amount of time at U !

I LOVE the IAM...long may they live and to hell with those who would bestow woes upon them.

-----------------------------------------------------
Good points with “mostlyâ€￾ true. I can personally attest to a few of them. My exception is your insistence on 20 years service to the company for retirement benefits. Thanks to the union people on here love to hate, the IAM, I retired with a lot less than 20 years service and receiving benefits monthly for the rest of my life. That 20 years of service thing you feel is necessary would kill a sane man given the stress of only working half that amount of time at U !
I LOVE the IAM...long may they live and to hell with those who would bestow woes upon them.
HEEEEES BAAAACKK!!! :down:

Difficult to keep that in perspective when you have a spouse and children depending on you to meet their wants and needs.

Also hard to keep it in perspective when you cant make plans for the next couple years because you dont know if
a. Your job will be moved to Tempe
b. You may not be invited to join your job in Tempe.

We've adjusted to the wage cuts, not we are forced to deal with the uncertainty, and that is where the real stress comes into play, atleast for me.

Don't get me wrong. I love my job. I appreciate this company, and if need be I will move. I would just like to have some answers. At the same time, I realize that none of this consolidation is going to come over night. We have to be patient and wait it out...but THAT does not relieve the stress.