Strike Support

Will you honor an IAM picket line over the Airbus outsourcing?

• YES

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NO

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
correct me if i am wrong here, but isn`t this a thread about outsourcing?

if so..why has the iam-m or afa not gotten a bug up there a@@ in regards to the other issues of outsourcing...ie express cities, sars. kiosk..etc...

could it be that afa could care less as long as those 279 a/c keep flying..and maybe iam-m did not have any mtc there to begin with....

talk about me me me......

good luck

:cool:

umech said:
why do we want to strike?
We don't.

What we want is the company to live up to its contracts. Keep their word. Stop abusing the employees. Give the union busting consultants the boot out of the Crystal Palace and work with us to make a go of it.

We don't want to withdraw our services and face the possible loss of our jobs and the shutdown of this carrier, with all the suffering that implies.

But we may be forced to. This is a line in the sand, a watershed event. Prepare.

sdavis29 said:
correct me if i am wrong here, but isn`t this a thread about outsourcing?

if so..why has the iam-m or afa not gotten a bug up there a@@ in regards to the other issues of outsourcing...ie express cities, sars. kiosk..
This U employee is 100% against outsourcing and the use of part time labor. This is rampant today and is destroying the middle class of America and creating a larger class of working poor.

If your former group had drawn a line in the sand and said "no more, we are walking over this", I would have been out the door with you as a show of support.

I applaud our passengers that reject the kiosk and demand a human being as a show of support for our employees and I truly feel for the people that have been downgraded to Express wages.

Kyle,

PLEASE EXPLAIN WHY YOU CLOSED THE TOPIC?????? What was so offensive that that thread closed?????

The PM messages are that MY Pm messages. THE POINT I WAS MAKING IS THAT EVEN THOUGH THEY ARE AT TIMES OFFENSIVE, I DO NOT TAKE OFFENSE.

Why would I need to alert anyone or block them if I don't take them negatively.

I believe, that if folks complain, then the moderators should be alerted. Other than that....I don't believe it needs your involvement...

But hey, I'm no moderator.

Hi Cavalier,

I was unable to answer you on the other thread, when I hit reply it was closed, but I wanted to answer you... you asked...
------------
"We know who she is, so then, who exactly are you? FYI..Her avatar is fitting as it stands. "
-----------

Just as an FYI for you, or anyone else, and not seeking to start a long exchange over it...

If you want some insight into me and how I think, what I believe, you can review my posts. That's what I do to gain insight into another poster's positions or point of view. It's very easy to do on here. If you want personal information, I don't reveal it to strangers on the internet, no offense intended. If you want a personal relationship, not interested. If you have a specific question, ask it and I may choose to answer. Is that fair? Not sure it would be entertaining to the group or germane to a thread, though.

And the reference to PB's avatar was meant only from the highest respect I have for her and I'm confident she knows that.

PITbull, the other thread was closed because at least the last 5 posts had nothing to do with the topic title - same way this one is ending up.

The majority of the time, moderators only act when someone has reported a post - as was the case earlier today. We had several report it. We took action based on our rules which everyone agrees to when they join.

The moderators we have are held in high regard. They only act based on our rules and considering the overall number of posts that are made on this site, we have a very low activity rate. When they do act, they act within our rules based on our rules - simple as that. If they did not act in this manner, they would not be moderating.

Personally, I think our team of moderators do an excellent job and in this specific case, they acted as even you suggested they should act.

Please stay on topic. If you have any other questions, PITbull, email me at [email protected] or PM me please. Thank you.

If I was to cross, yes, I expect the zero tolereance and the laws of the land to be my protection...Just like they are today...Arguements happen daily and if they get out of hand, someone pays the price...

So tell me, what about the people who MUST have Health Insurance..? Because there son is cancer ridden and needs the treatment..? Can he expect the Insurance company to continue coverage for his ill son..? Yes....It's a real thing and that person is really worried, he MUST keep working because of the huge medical bills..He can't afford to do it on his own..He can't take that chance...

Some of us don't live and die this "Union" thing...We read the USA Today, drink Coors Beer and eat Iceberg Lettuce..We vote for the best candidate and NOT for whom we are told to vote for...We hate PAC's....We come to work and do our job and don't worry what the others think about us...We don't try to "control" the workplace and implement "our" rules...We don't "slander" other people on this board because they don't agree with our point of view...We don't use FMLA to take that extra day off ...We respect your rights, why can't you respect ours...?

Justaramper...That's what I was called at a Union Meeting /Local 1725...I plan to NEVER attend one again for that lack of respect

Dilligas said:
Hi Cavalier,

I was unable to answer you on the other thread, when I hit reply it was closed, but I wanted to answer you... you asked...
------------
"We know who she is, so then, who exactly are you? FYI..Her avatar is fitting as it stands. "
-----------

Just as an FYI for you, or anyone else, and not seeking to start a long exchange over it...

If you want some insight into me and how I think, what I believe, you can review my posts. That's what I do to gain insight into another poster's positions or point of view. It's very easy to do on here. If you want personal information, I don't reveal it to strangers on the internet, no offense intended. If you want a personal relationship, not interested. If you have a specific question, ask it and I may choose to answer. Is that fair? Not sure it would be entertaining to the group or germane to a thread, though.

And the reference to PB's avatar was meant only from the highest respect I have for her and I'm confident she knows that.
That was a rhetorical question making other readers think. These are the tactics you are deploying here on the boards to sway certain individuals that are not firmly grounded in their convictions, intentional or otherwise. So, I was just thinking out loud as to whether you speak from the company's point of view or that of labor. All due respect given just my personal perception. I do not want a personal relation with you or anyone on these boards. These boards are the court of opinion which carry with them persuasive powers and why both labor and company utilize this mode of communication for the weight it carries.

Well this juror in the court of public opinion sure got an eye full last night.

The entry hall to the CLT Base Hangar had been wall-papered with all the names by senority of whom have been furloughed to date...and whom are projected to be furloughed if Dave and Glass happen to get thier way?

WN was used as an example on staffing levels for a fleet of 400 plus Aircraft....keep in mind we are at 279 Aircraft. To say that the ranks are going to be gutted like a deer is far short of accurate.

To say that our system will be fouled up by the ripple effects...or rather "Shock-Wave" from these proposed actions would be the understatement of the decade in regards to U...and you as an individual.

This is going to hammer the be-jesus out of more than just mechanics...Rest Assured on all accounts. The writting was not just paper on a wall...it might as well be engraved in stone....a tombstone sorta speak.

You folks need to make up your minds. You need to fight for the retention of your futures...and attempt to reclaim this airline before it's all given away except for the required minimum staffing on flight crews.

Today it's the IAM....tomorrow? No one is safe until this group is brought into check at some point. They know of no such thing as enough being enough.

AOG,

You are dead on.

My eyes are "wide open"...and I will take THE STAND THAT PROTECTS ALL THE WORK AND THE EMPLOYEES ON THIS PROPERTY. I have (0) confidence in this mangement team. They have abused and misused our trust. No matter what we do, this management will find a way to - - -k it up.

No matter whether I lose my job or not; I am ready to go...alot of us are. This management need to learn that their are consequences to these types of horrific, disregarding acts to its work force.

We have to now set it straight for the Industry, and those who will look on.

PITbull said:
AOG,

You are dead on.

My eyes are "wide open"...and I will take THE STAND THAT PROTECTS ALL THE WORK AND THE EMPLOYEES ON THIS PROPERTY. I have (0) confidence in this mangement team. They have abused and misused our trust. No matter what we do, this management will find a way to - - -k it up.

No matter whether I lose my job or not; I am ready to go...alot of us are. This management need to learn that their are consequences to these types of horrific, disregarding acts to its work force.

We have to now set it straight for the Industry, and those who will look on.
My Dear PITbull,

This Management Group has shafted anyone and everyone that has shown them any degree of cooperation , support or anything that shows signs of willingness to work with them. They view it as a sign of weakness to prey upon further !!...you would have to be blind , ignorant or plain vanilla stupid to think otherwise!!

Dave has turned his back then pulled a machete on the ALPA folks whom he praised for showing leadership during Concessions Round 1. You boys need another example?..or is that retirement fund going bye-bye not enough to strike a cord with you?...maybe all your non-flying (Furloughed) brothers and sisters need to have a chat with you on this subject?

IAM Fleet and AFA...have you seen enough to become believers? Or is being short staffed , flying sick...or Expressed into oblivion not enough?....Hell , There is more where that came from...stick around and watch !!...or stick around if your able , should I say?

He all but spat on Senators Spector and Santorum of Pa. , whom did the absolute most to lobby for U recieving the federal loan money. Now he won't speak or deal straight with them in regards to the issues pending in PHL...and PIT mainly. Should these people remain in power?..do you not think they are going to remember how U's so called leadership dealt with them...when the next issue arrises? I think old Arlin is as long on memory...as he is long in the tooth. He has my respect in all regards.

I only wish the lame arse Senators of North Carolina had half the Guts and Savy that the Gents in Pa. have.

Honestly...Senator (Presidential Dreamer John Edwards)...and Senator (Do nothing but smile and wave Elizabeth Dole) don't have a pair between them. I can't wait to vote against Dole...and watch Edwards returned to his hick town of Robbins N.C. whose home county lost U service when SOP was abandoned a few years back.

I'll say it again for the slower readers. DAVE and Crew , KNOW No Meaning of Enough being Enough. Filling thier pockets certainly means their is no so such thing as enough.

Taking From YOU their is NO SUCH Thing as Enough being Enough !! ...yet are we actually seeing results?...or more excuses based on labor and economic issues as to why U can't get out of its own way.

U is the only place I've ever worked where everyone is blaimed for failure except those that have lead us into failure...and continue to do so !! It's more than a safe bet that leadership classes at Harvard are not from the same books as that tought at West Point....ethicical standards doesn't even register with the Harvard BOYS Club obviously.

It's time to change the bath water for them !!! We've had ours Thank You very much>

willnotworkforfree said:
What the Hell does PIT have to do with this issue. Wake up
YOU GUYS ARE SOMETHING ELSE. ITS ABOUT PIT AND HERE ARE YOUR SO CALL FACTS ;( SAN AIRMOTIVE O/H RB211 ,USAIR GOT 57 FROM EASTERN USAIR DECIDED TO SHUT DOWN SAN AIRMOTIVE AND FARM OUT THE O/H OF RB211 WE HAD THE TOOLS AND THE FACILITY BUT BECAUSE IT WAS NOT PIT THE IAM DID NOT SAY OR DO ANYTHING BY THE WAY OT COST 200 + JOBS. ANOTHER FACT===737 CFM'S O/H ALL FARMED OUT BUT BECAUSE IT DID NOT COST NJOBS IN PIT THE IAM DID NOT SAY OR DO ANYTHING.=== ANOTHER SO CALL FACT CHECK OUT WERE ALL THE INTERIOR /LANDING GEAR/FIBERGLASS SHOPS THT USED TO BE IN GSO/ W/SALEM ARE ;THEY ARE ALL FARMED OUT. WERE IS THE IAM OPPOSITION TO ALL THIS NO WERE YOU LIKE TO KNOW WHY ========BECAUSE THE JOBS WERE NOT IN PITTSBURGH==============DONT YOU GET IT :shock: ITS ALL ABOUT PITTSBURGH ,IF WE DO AN ILLIGAL STRIKE THE COMPANY WILL SUE THE PANTS OF THE IAM AND PROBABLY FIRE ALL STRIKERS (REMEMBER AA AND THE PILOTS WILD SLOW DOWN IN LATE 90'S ALPA HAD TO PAY)=======================TO FINISH THIS UP, WE HAVE A CONTRACT THAT WAS AGREED BY BOTH THE UNION AND THE COMPANY , IF THE COMPANY IS RIGHT ABOUT FARMING OUT AND GETS JUDGEMENT FROM THE MEDIATORS THERE IS NOTHING ANY ONE CAN DO ,LIKEWISE IF THE JUDGEMENT IS FOR THE WORK TO BE DONE BY THE IAM WE WILL DO THE AIRBUS O/H. @#$&&! :down: PIT :down:

Latest posts