Strike Support

Will you honor an IAM picket line over the Airbus outsourcing?

• YES

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NO

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
cavalier said:
So, I was just thinking out loud as to whether you speak from the company's point of view or that of labor. All due respect given just my personal perception.
Hi Cavalier,

Thanks for the respect and no offense taken. I wasn't sure what you meant by the original question but now I believe I understand your intent. The typed word doesn't quite carry enough emphasis and you can't hear tone or see the body language, so sometimes its a best guess scenario as to what someone meant or is asking.

I write from the point of view of me. I am not "pro-Labor" as much as I am "pro-labor", or pro people... and I feel that if one is to make a frank assessment, big labor cares as little about us, the working class, as does big business. To organized labor we are a unit of dues production, to big business we are a necessary evil and an entry on the expense ledger. That's just my take on it.

Because I may criticize the IAM, does not mean I don't support the IAM, or ALPA, or AFA, or CWA, or TWU. I have taken stands many times in my career and there is no doubt where my loyalties lie... I support the working people of America that do the grunt work that keep the wheels of industry turning. I support 100% each labor group on the property in their respective struggles with this repressive, anti-people regime we are stuck with.

Management has assembled a stellar cast of anti labor forces and is implementing a game plan to destroy collective bargaining that will be a case model for study in the future. They are not stupid people. They have different priorities and loyalties than the workforce having a livable standard of wages and benefits, or protecting our pensions. They could literally not care less about you or I, IMO.

I try to bring something different to this exchange and I don't believe saying "dave s*cks" a thousand times changes anything or helps win us public support. In my opinion, the labor forces at U need to actually work together and support one another, forgetting the past rivalries and bad feelings. I walked the line in '92 and I remember the abuse. I've let it go, we need each other now more than ever.

We also need the loyalties of our very best customers, they can bring positive pressure to bear on management. We don't gain our customers/passengers respect or admiration with profanity and red t-shirts. All red t-shirts do is help the t-shirt vendor. We will gain the publics support by being articulate, reasonable, and persuasive in educating them as to what is happening at this airline.

I hope this clarifies for you, or anyone else, where my loyalties are.

Dilligas,

Who the heck are you, and where have you been, and when will you marry me? I will not beat around the bush here. Just say yes or no. If you can stand it. Take some risks man!

Pretender2003 said:
PSA engine shop was shut down way before we got the 757s from EAL, the Landing Gear and Plating shop are still open and in Winston, US Air nor Piedmont overhauled the CFM56 nor did PSA fly those engines and under the Railway Labor Act since it is a major dispute you are allowed to strike and cannot be replaced, this is not section 6 negotiations.

So can you come up with something that is factual?
mister pretender (as u name implies) u got 757 from eastern in 1989/90 and psa airmotive was shut down in 1992/3 with all the rb211 tooling sold to aviall inc. the iam fought in court the company about 737 cfm o/h and lost in court; that is why the company farmed out cfm engine work is done by a contractorand we never went on strike (BECAUSE OF THE COMPANY IS RIGHT TO OUTSOURCE WORK WHEN THE COMPANY DO NOT HAVE THE EQUIPMENT OR THE FACILITIES TO ACCOMPLISHE THE WORK ==== IAM CONTRACT PAGE 101 . READ IT ITS TOWARDS THE LAST PAR. ITS VERY CLEAR. =====YOUR HOPES AND YOUR WISHES ARE VERY DIFFERENT FROM REALITY ==== IF THE IAM STRIKES WITHOUT THE COURT'S OK IT WILL BE MASSIVE MANSLAUTER AND NO COURT IN THE LAND WILL HEAR THE CASE=== THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT THE COMPANY WANTS TO REPLACE A WORK FORCE OF HIGH SENIORITY WITH FRESH NEW HIRES THAN ON TODAY IS MARKET ARE ABOUND.... BE SMART USE YOUR HEAD DONT BE DRIVEN BY YOUR EMOTIONS.- A FRIEND UMECH... :up:

umech said:

mister pretender (as u name implies) u got 757 from eastern in 1989/90 and psa airmotive was shut down in 1992/3 with all the rb211 tooling sold to aviall inc. the iam fought in court the company about 737 cfm o/h and lost in court; that is why the company farmed out cfm engine work is done by a contractorand we never went on strike (BECAUSE OF THE COMPANY IS RIGHT TO OUTSOURCE WORK WHEN THE COMPANY DO NOT HAVE THE EQUIPMENT OR THE FACILITIES TO ACCOMPLISHE THE WORK ==== IAM CONTRACT PAGE 101 . READ IT ITS TOWARDS THE LAST PAR. ITS VERY CLEAR. =====YOUR HOPES AND YOUR WISHES ARE VERY DIFFERENT FROM REALITY ==== IF THE IAM STRIKES WITHOUT THE COURT'S OK IT WILL BE MASSIVE MANSLAUTER AND NO COURT IN THE LAND WILL HEAR THE CASE=== THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT THE COMPANY WANTS TO REPLACE A WORK FORCE OF HIGH SENIORITY WITH FRESH NEW HIRES THAN ON TODAY IS MARKET ARE ABOUND.... BE SMART USE YOUR HEAD DONT BE DRIVEN BY YOUR EMOTIONS.- A FRIEND UMECH... :up:

[/QUOTE]
When the unions struck in March 1989, Lorenzo filed for bankruptcy. This gave him some breathing room and allowed him to use strikebreakers to continue operations. By this time, however, Eastern was collapsing under its debt, and finally in January 1991, the airline completely ran out of money to operate. In late 1991, the airline was liquidated. Thus ended the life of one of America's greatest domestic airlines.

it was after eal folded, which would be at least 1992.....u recieved 4 old eal 757 on a test loan of sorts from boeing....1st city pair to be flown...tpa-phl.

PITbull said:
Who the heck are you, and where have you been, and when will you marry me? I will not beat around the bush here. Just say yes or no. If you can stand it. Take some risks man!
:shock: :shock: :D

Oh my, my, my. Well.... let's not mail out those invitations just yet.

Marriage is the leading cause of divorce in America today.

But please, don't ever stop teasing me! :p :up:

Justaramper said:
So tell me, what about the people who MUST have Health Insurance..? Because there son is cancer ridden and needs the treatment..? Can he expect the Insurance company to continue coverage for his ill son..?
justaramper-

if insurance is the issue, suppose they get away with taking the airbus out, then what?
why don't they just keep coming and take one of the most exspensive items out of all of our contracts?
your insurance and benefits.
would you strike then?
or would you come up with another reason?
i to have keep coming to work cause i need my swaps...
i to have keep coming to work cause i need travel to comute...
i to have keep coming to work cause i need...

the point is if they intend to do this...AND WIN....none of us are safe.
can they or are they likely to make our insurance an issue? doubtful.
justifying crossing a picket line because you need insurance is unacceptable.
this carrier cannot maintain through a lengthy strike. if dave shuts it down, we won't have insurance anyway, regardless if you scab or not. scabbing for an extra day of insurance will not help anyone.
if a picket line goes up and the courts get involved, by the time you scab over the picket line, TRO's and so forth may have already been issued and you would have scabed for NO REASON.
there is no good reason to cross the pcket line.

i am not without remorse to the situation, lots of employees need their insurance and for life or death reasons. so if dave was to come after insurance, but leave the rest of our contracts alone, would that employee want to strike then?
would you support them?
would you expect me, a single middle aged, childless employee who feels no need for insurance, to give up a paycheck and strike this company because they were taking away benefits from an employee who had a cancer ridden son as you say?

umech said:
Pretender2003 said:
PSA engine shop was shut down way before we got the 757s from EAL, the Landing Gear and Plating shop are still open and in Winston, US Air nor Piedmont overhauled the CFM56 nor did PSA fly those engines and under the Railway Labor Act since it is a major dispute you are allowed to strike and cannot be replaced, this is not section 6 negotiations.

PLEASE STOP YELLING!
to umech:
aircraft 600au the first 757 aquired from eastern was on 7/1/92 according to aircraft records in merlin.NOT 1989 or 1999 as you posted.
and the psa engine shop was closed over a two month period of may and june of 1991,according to the people that worked out there.
the cfm56 arbitration case was lost in arbitration,not in court,but the arbitrator also ruled that the company cannot dispose of tooling in use or facilities to circumvent the contract.
under the railway labor act;this is a major dispute,you cannot be replaced.when the strike is over,your job has to be there for you and how do you expect the company to get AOA badges for people overnight when it can take up to two months for someone to get their backround check done.
according to the information,the facts you post are inaccurate.
have a nice day. ;)

I'll agree that crossing a picket line is the last resort. A majority of employees don't want to cross a picket line, but you have to understand there position..They are MAD as HELL at the IAM. They feel "left out" and in total disregard. They NEVER see there AGC and "if" they do, they are treated like a second class citizen. They are "talked" down by Shop Stewards, and if they have a question it can get real complicated .

Do you see why "morale" is an issue..? They can't trust either side...! Most have enough in savings to stay home and enjoy some time off, that's not the issue.. It's the treatment by the IAM to ALL it's members that get people upset.

When I need you, I'll call you attitude is coming back to haunt the IAM...I've grown to just accept that side of the IAM, but others can't...They see Committee members constantly "off" work, but they don't see any results of that "off" time..

Only the IAM can change this, but it won't ever happen, they FAIL to listen to the concerns of the membership....

Justaramper said:
I'll agree that crossing a picket line is the last resort. A majority of employees don't want to cross a picket line, but you have to understand there position..They are MAD as HELL at the IAM. They feel "left out" and in total disregard. They NEVER see there AGC and "if" they do, they are treated like a second class citizen. They are "talked" down by Shop Stewards, and if they have a question it can get real complicated .

Do you see why "morale" is an issue..? They can't trust either side...! Most have enough in savings to stay home and enjoy some time off, that's not the issue.. It's the treatment by the IAM to ALL it's members that get people upset.

When I need you, I'll call you attitude is coming back to haunt the IAM...I've grown to just accept that side of the IAM, but others can't...They see Committee members constantly "off" work, but they don't see any results of that "off" time..

Only the IAM can change this, but it won't ever happen, they FAIL to listen to the concerns of the membership....
"THEY" are the people you I and everyone put in there. The IAM is only the people placed in those positions by "us" the union membership. So look no further then the voting membership with their don't really care attitude until it's time to REALLY care!

The company wants you to cross.

--Who do you think they will come after when the Airbus farm out issue is over?
(If we are still in business)

Attachments

• money.gif
    money.gif
    22.9 KB · Views: 161
Sorry....In a rigged election...Hard to beat a "slate"..that was appointed at the start in Fleet Service...

Latest posts