DELAY ASSIGNMENT TABLE APPLIES TO: ZBW
MAXIMUM DELAY: 791
AVERAGE DELAY: 234.6
REASON: WEATHER, SWAP

BoeingBoy said:
AIRPORT: DCA
GROUND STOP PERIOD: 30/0108Z - 30/0200Z
SCOPE: (Manual) ZID ZJX ZOB ZBW ZTL ZNY ZDC CYHZ CYOW CYUL CYYZ

So did you push and start getting paid or were you one of those "lets save fuel even though they took my pension " for the sake of the company ?

So did you push and start getting paid or were you one of those "lets save fuel even though they took my pension " for the sake of the company ?
[post="279586"][/post]​
[/quote]

You bet I pushed ..... my chair back from the desk, went to the fridge, and got a cold one.

:up:

Jim

BoeingBoy said:
[post="279586"][/post]​

You bet I pushed ..... my chair back from the desk, went to the fridge, and got a cold one.

:up:

Jim
[post="279590"][/post]​
[/quote]

Must be an A330 Captain !

:lol:

LGA / 037 said:
Must be an A330 Captain !

:lol:
[post="279591"][/post]​

Only in my dreams - or until they award positions based on good looks and charm.....

:shock: :shock:

Jim

Severe Weather Avoidance Plan - simplified, it's for when there route deviations for weather.

Jim

[edit]

There's so much traffic in the DCA-BOS corridor, that when you start getting significant numbers of aircraft deviating around weather the only way to handle it is to reduce the number of airplanes entering the airspace. That means spacing airplanes bound for, or departing from, airports in the NE further apart by holding them on the ground beyond their normal departure times.

BoeingBoy said:
Severe Weather Avoidance Plan - simplified, it's for when there route deviations for weather.

Jim

[edit]

There's so much traffic in the DCA-BOS corridor, that when you start getting significant numbers of aircraft deviating around weather the only way to handle it is to reduce the number of airplanes entering the airspace. That means spacing airplanes bound for, or departing from, airports in the NE further apart by holding them on the ground beyond their normal departure times.
[post="279594"][/post]​

so much traffic? kinda sucks knowing all pilot groups allowed those replacement jets (rj's which pax hate now) to take over routes...........

PVD was a mess yesterday afternnon with many delays, cancelleations and airplanes diverting here due to the WX!

Tuesday night was pretty bad...last night was bloody awful indeed! lWhile I feel sorry for the customers stuck in airports and the staff doing their best to help them, they were better off than the unlucky souls who were sitting in Babyjets on a taxiway for three hours or more.
And it wasn't just a US problem; EWR and IAD were hit also.

IIRC, this summer is the first time that air traffic has matched or exceeded pre 9/11 levels. Remember how bad summer 2001 was?

If you're planning a trip though the Northest this summer, bring a good book and some bottled water. Those Babyjets are not always catered for five hour trip on a 250 mile flight.

Thurs. night was BEYOND on bad in CLT. No where near enough help, baggage missing by the hundreds. At least one employee required medical attention by medics due to heat. Today is suppose to be the hottest yet. Since the company has taken our sick pay we have bodies there but are unable to perform the job function thus hurting everyone. Some one need to wake the .... up. Everyone work safe today in this stuff.
& if there is not enough help tonight(Fri) it will all repeat except my guess is it will be worse.

:shock:
Just looked at the weather channel; it looks like Wednesday night was just the dress rehearsal for tonight! One Mainline express station is just starting dig its way out of the PAWOB hole. This M/E station has four times the number of open tracer files as DCA which is many times its size.

And where the heck is everyone going to put the reroute passengers? Everything is full.

It is going to be long, hot weekend. Do your best to stay cool.

HAPPY CANADA DAY!