Supply And Demand

Shuttle fares are historically high as it is, with even a rational fare very profitable..Average cost at 10 cents a seat mile is under $25.00. Since most shuttle passengers are O&D, I believe it safe to use the simple formula many of you object to.

That said, it is not a reason to gouge the market either...Full fare is about $484 r/t, which is much higher than it needs to be...a r/t of $250 to $300 is VERY profitable.

Any chance of substituting the 319s with 320s untill Acela comes back online? Now that the Airbuses on the Shuttle are mainline aircraft can we not just temporarily do a swap at least during the peak periods?

Oh, I forgot, that would make too much sense. :down:

Art at ISP said:
Shuttle fares are historically high as it is, with even a rational fare very profitable..Average cost at 10 cents a seat mile is under $25.00. Since most shuttle passengers are O&D, I believe it safe to use the simple formula many of you object to.

That said, it is not a reason to gouge the market either...Full fare is about $484 r/t, which is much higher than it needs to be...a r/t of $250 to $300 is VERY profitable.
[post="264877"][/post]​

But Art, I find that on my east coast travels (non-transcon), I am often connecting through DCA since PIT has been downsized. For example, I've done LGA-DCA-MCO several times recently. How much is the company making on that, when that entire R/T is $130? It would be good to see the O&D stats for each flight. I'd say the Shuttle is profitable if >50% of the travelers are O&D, which in likelihood they are, but I just wanted to point out the unprofitable connection aspect.

Latest posts