sw plane goes off the rnway in mdw

etops1

Veteran
Dec 6, 2003
don't know if it's true, but reports are that a sw plane has gone off the rnway in mdw and struck a wall. will be checj=king for more info

Plane Crashes At Midway Airport

POSTED: 7:27 pm CST December 8, 2005
UPDATED: 7:41 pm CST December 8, 2005

CHICAGO -- An EMS Plan 2 has been called and emergency vehicles are responding to an aircraft that skidded off the runway at Midway Airport Thursday evening shortly after 7 p.m.

The plane is a Southwest 737.

It is reported to have gone through a fence surrounding the airport, coming to rest on Central Avenue near 55th Street. At least one car was hit by the plane.

The aircraft has been identified as a Southwest Airlines flight, No. 1228, arriving in Chicago from Baltimore.

Reports indicate that the plane may have made a hard landing before skidding off the runway.

No injuries have been reported.

Refresh/ revisit this page for more information as it becomes available.
Copyright 2005 by NBC5.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

i hope every one is ok. i really do not care for wn. but i don't wish this kind of ill will on them. god knows that all of us at airways went through our days of grief.

FoxNews now saying one person seriously injured.Plane skidded through a fence onto a road and hit a car. Injured person was in car.

a report on cnn said that the plane's nose gear collapsed and one of the engines suffered damaged according to a person identifying himself as a mechanic.

In the pic I saw on CNN.com, the a/c livery looked like that on an ATA a/c. Could this have been a code share operated by ATA under a SW flt#?

In the pic I saw on CNN.com, the a/c livery looked like that on an ATA a/c. Could this have been a code share operated by ATA under a SW flt#?

No, it's a Southwest Jet with the new paint scheme. I'm watching CNN at this time and the nose is buried in the snow!

I don't think so. Cnn just showed the plane. It's a Southwest plane. They just interviewed some beautiful young girl kid who saw it, and she said someone told her someone was killed. But that's just hearsay, so far. She kept saying "I seen", so obviously she isn't the brightest light in the harbour.

They have reported that the car had one adult and one child.

Prayers to all. The weather seems atrocious there.

There, but by the grace of God, go I. 30 years at this and I still have trouble even hearing about this stuff. Best to all involved, and I hope this thread stays professional. Greeter.

There, but by the grace of God, go I. 30 years at this and I still have trouble even hearing about this stuff. Best to all involved, and I hope this thread stays professional. Greeter.

With your attitude and caring , I'd say employees like you are the reason most planes land safely.

It's getting worse. CNN now says it was 2 cars hit. 3 children and 2 adults. One serious, one critical. Hope they're wrong.

I don't think so. Cnn just showed the plane. It's a Southwest plane. They just interviewed some beautiful young girl kid who saw it, and she said someone told her someone was killed. But that's just hearsay, so far. She kept saying "I seen", so obviously she isn't the brightest light in the harbour.

They have reported that the car had one adult and one child.

Prayers to all. The weather seems atrocious there.

You obviously are not from Chicago. While it is not proper English, you will find many people (especially from the South side), use the phrase "I seen". I know many intelligent people from Chicago who use that phrase

don't know if it's true, but reports are that a sw plane has gone off the rnway in mdw and struck a wall. will be checj=king for more info

Plane Crashes At Midway Airport

POSTED: 7:27 pm CST December 8, 2005
UPDATED: 7:41 pm CST December 8, 2005

CHICAGO -- An EMS Plan 2 has been called and emergency vehicles are responding to an aircraft that skidded off the runway at Midway Airport Thursday evening shortly after 7 p.m.

The plane is a Southwest 737.

It is reported to have gone through a fence surrounding the airport, coming to rest on Central Avenue near 55th Street. At least one car was hit by the plane.

The aircraft has been identified as a Southwest Airlines flight, No. 1228, arriving in Chicago from Baltimore.

Reports indicate that the plane may have made a hard landing before skidding off the runway.

No injuries have been reported.

Refresh/ revisit this page for more information as it becomes available.
Copyright 2005 by NBC5.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
i hope every one is ok. i really do not care for wn. but i don't wish this kind of ill will on them. god knows that all of us at airways went through our days of grief.
finally people will know what there paying for

You obviously are not from Chicago. While it is not proper English, you will find many people (especially from the South side), use the phrase "I seen". I know many intelligent people from Chicago who use that phrase

You're right. I am not from Chicago, it is not proper English, and I did not realize it was common practice there. Sorry ??